The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Locked Post

Demigod! It's over

By on December 12, 2009 10:23:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

get aids

0 Karma | 13 Replies
December 12, 2009 10:34:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

EDIT: Lol at StarCraftII coming out soon.

December 12, 2009 10:35:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And....so what. If you like it than play it, and if you don't than gtfo.

December 12, 2009 10:41:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think we should have one thread for complaints, and that's it.

The amount of people leaving is not good for the rest of us.

December 12, 2009 10:54:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Epiphenomenon,
I think we should have one thread for complaints, and that's it.

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/370172

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/370156

The amount of people leaving is not good for the rest of us.

Neither is bitching about a video game to people who couldn't care less.

December 12, 2009 10:54:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

0/10

Quite possibly the worst Troll complaint thread I've ever read.
Failed to mention HoN, LoL, he did mention a Blizzard title - however he got the ETA wrong, listed already addressed complaints, failed to incorrectly name Stardock as the Developers, failed to ramble, failed to say how much he loved Demigod and wished it was better, failed to list outlandish methods for addressed his personal concerns.

If this is representative of the kind of trolls we have left in the community, I'm deeply saddened and may need to start using the World of Warcraft and DotA forums to get my troll-thread fix!

December 12, 2009 11:09:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He wasn't trolling. He was giving us his opinion on the game in a non-offensive manner, and he was right about most of his points.

December 12, 2009 11:30:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He wasn't trolling. He was giving us his opinion on the game in a non-offensive manner, and he was right about most of his points.

Let's see just how many points he got correct:

The game is as good as dead,the handful of players remaining  are still dealing with connection problems, desync exploits, and developers who promise updates and never release on time. 

Hey

At least Star Craft II is coming out soon!!  : ) 

1.) The games is as good as dead: false
2.) The handful of players remaining are still dealing with connection problems: false
3.) The handful of players remaining are still dealing with desync exploits: true
4.) The developers who promise updates never release on time: false
5.) Starcraft II is coming out soon: false

He got exactly 20% of his points correct. How can you call that "most?"

I'm pretty sure glanced at the forums enough to know what happens to people who force their opinions upon people who just don't care. When he willingly attempted to stir something up in the forums, does that not constitute him as a "troll?"

The thing is, people just don't care. If you are going to go around the forums talking crap about things you don't know and intentionally trying to stir something up, you are trolling and they are quite justified in their responses.

December 13, 2009 12:42:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Neither is bitching about a video game to people who couldn't care less.

If I had to choose between the exodus we've seen and having lots of complaints on the forums, the exodus is hands down the bigger problem. Will he convince anyone? Probably not. These complaint threads are a sign of the disinterest and frustration with the game rather than people maliciously trying to troll. We haven't had serious trolling on here since Foreshadowed (maybe playgroundlegend). If you really want to end these sorts of threads, you should ignore them altogether.

vind, I'd contest nearly every point you labeled as "false" except for Starcraft. I'm not looking for a debate, though. He didn't even list more serious concerns about the game that he could have griped about.

December 13, 2009 2:54:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

gods never die, demigods last a long time, got that? LONG time, this game is still to blossom!!!

December 13, 2009 3:13:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Heck, I want the game to live for a long time. I still play. It's just bad that so many people have left. Instead of hating on them, we should be trying to get them back.

December 13, 2009 4:42:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lal, its not that many people leave, the same amount joins every day at least, but they dont come and say hi on the forums. 
and ppl that say goodbye on forums and start talking trash... we dont need them back 

December 13, 2009 5:28:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wrote a whole long winded post, but deleted it.  I dislike posts like the OP because there are more than enough negative posts expresssing the same thing.  I get it and feel the same way alot of the time.  Realistically, demigod currently functions best for SP and casual MP.  Features have been added to make MP more satisfying for casual players online, but not much for hardcore MP.  There are still a slew of exploits available... such that any 1v1 or 2v2 game could be exploited 100% of the time so the stats could be manipulated.  And people that care about stats are generally your hardcore players... and even those players can use a simple trick EVERY game so that if they lose a game, they will keep their current EXP... and this skews the ranking.  The overlay is designed to balance games, but also to keep you from playing games with your friends.  And bit of a slap in the face to 5 of my friends that I convinced to buy demigod so we could play together. 

Anyway, I've been supportive of DG for quite some time and will probably continue to do so, but I am a bit disappointed.  I love the game, but surely got a little f-ed over here.  How about a hotfix to address current bugs or some dialog on your hardcore players concerns STATS/EXPLOITS?

December 13, 2009 7:25:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yes, we need some fixes for stats/exploits as pacov mentioned. but overalll, the game is almost balanced for casual gaming. maybe a buff for TB, reg, QoT would be very much appreciated as weell as item balance. but overall, I will stilll play and support the game.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.