The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Elemental RSS feeds don't work

By on December 3, 2009 7:09:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

At least, the Dev Journal one doesn't. You can see the stories, but the links to them all give 404.

+76 Karma | 11 Replies
December 4, 2009 10:40:58 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I believe this is actually more widespread. Thanks for letting us know!

Mike

December 6, 2009 4:18:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah the problem's the same for the Demigod dev journals. It gives a really long link, but if you delete the question mark and everything after, you end up with the standard forum address and it loads the correct page.

December 10, 2009 4:16:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This is still a problem, is anybody going to fix this?

December 22, 2009 1:40:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Im still having this problem as well!

January 22, 2010 2:58:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Do any RSS feeds work yet? I can't seem to get them..I just get a 404 - File or directory not found

January 22, 2010 4:15:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What specific RSS are you trying to get to, and what reader are you using to access it?

January 23, 2010 9:33:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm using FF and the Live Bookmarks bar. I'm trying to access recent posst. Usually, when there is an RSS feed available you get, as I'm sure you know, a subscribe button in the URL bar. This no longer seems to exist on any forum here.

The RSS feed in my browser still works, I still get the titles of the posts, just when I click on them I get the 404 error. The RSS feeds URL is :-

Feed Location: http://feeds.feedburner.com/Stardock/1/recent?format=xml

Site Location: http://feeds.feedburner.com/Stardock/Wincustomize/recent

All other RSS feeds from all other sites still work as normal.

February 6, 2010 12:49:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm using the iGoogle homepage reader, I clicked on the rss button in the subforum, it takes me to a feedburner page where I select google, then google homepage for a reader. From my homepage I click on a link to a recent post and it takes me to the 404 page with a really long url; if you truncate the url then you get the correct url.

http://forums.elementalgame.com/375087?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Stardock%2F27%2Fforum%2F513+%28Elemental+Forums+%C2%BB+RSS+Feed+%C2%BB+Elemental+Dev+Journals+Posts%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

February 16, 2010 9:55:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Same issue with FF and Google Reader.

Here's the link:  http://forums.elementalgame.com/376076?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Stardock%2F27%2Fforum%2F513+%28Elemental+Forums+%C2%BB+RSS+Feed+%C2%BB+Elemental+Dev+Journals+Posts%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

And here's the error:

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

March 15, 2010 6:40:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Likewise.  Been annoying me since forever.

Pretty much the forum fails to parse the querystring when its appended to a url.

An Easy fix might be to have your 404 page redirect to itself without the querystring unless there is no querystring, then just fail with proper 404.

March 24, 2010 4:02:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This will be fixed in the next forum update (looking at end of next week, if not earlier, for next update).

Bara

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000204   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.