The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD] The Quite Insane Mod

By on December 1, 2009 5:11:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sevenix

Join Date 04/2008
+16

Two days back I started wondering why no one had created any silly/extreme mods yet. So I sat down trying to play arounda bit with the modstuff and I ended up with this.

The Quite Insane Mod

"Insane, but not too Insane"

• Levelcap changed from current 20 to 50
  • To compensate for the new levelcap the experience needed for each level have been totally reballanced
  • Reinforcement waves are now double their original sizes
  • Light forces now ALL have White color, Dark forces have Black
  • Camera Zoom/Rotation on death removed, It will now simply sit still, right where you want it.

The Whole purpuse of the mod was never to be ballanced, in fact Im quite sure it turns out damn imballanced when the melee heroes keep gaining strenght each level why the casters are stuck with their lv10 spells. Fixing spells that level all the way up to lv50 would be for the future when I get time, It would require alot of time.

For now though I hope you all care enough to try it. Even if its not ballanced, its always fun to try out a few wicked settings, and see how nice tactics you can use once you have ALL your skills etc.

Enjoy the Insane (But not too insane) gameplay!

DOWNLOAD

Locked Post 47 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 1, 2009 5:49:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Any chance for you to release the still camera on death in a seperate mod.  I know a lot of people, myself included, would really appreciate it.

I'll try this mod out when I upgrade my processor (too many minions will kill my old dual core).

December 1, 2009 5:56:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hehe.  Looks fun

December 1, 2009 6:23:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,
Any chance for you to release the still camera on death in a seperate mod.

That was the purpuse of me starting modding in the first place, however, since the file that changes your camera, is actually not a UI file but that of the Conquest Gamemode!, there is no way to make such a mod to be UI-only. Which means if I make such a standalone mod, Everyone would need it!

Im sure it will be incorperated into bigger mods as they start appearing though.

Some other failed attemps to mod by me is to enable the camera keys for rebind. doesnt seem to be possible since mods doesnt load till you start a game, so you cant mod the menus themselves.

I also tried to make a mod to remove the intromovies "/skipintro" like but also remove the 2.5 sec wait of the first splashscreen that is there even when you use /skipintro. This failed for the same reason as mentioned before.

December 1, 2009 6:27:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just tried it out...and when 2 balls of mobs get together along with generals minions it can slow down a bit. It was pretty insane and funny, but you actually have to try and not attack so that the enemy will live long enough to actually see 50. It doesn't take long to get there, its just that due to the large amount of creeps...if you get the xp bauble and just stand in a lane you get MASSIVE levels. Anyone that dies/goes flag cappin/item shoppin falls several levels behind.

All in all, this mod does exactly what was intended though: A lol.

GJ!

December 1, 2009 6:29:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sevenix,
I also tried to make a mod to remove the intromovies "/skipintro" like but also remove the 2.5 sec wait of the first splashscreen that is there even when you use /skipintro. This failed for the same reason as mentioned before.

The first slash screen is where the game is actually loading...so even if you managed to remove the image, you would still have the same wait time.

December 1, 2009 6:35:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can manually assign the keys over the camera keys by editing them directly in the game.prefs file.

WASD example:

UserKeyMap = {
                F1 = 'show_skills',
                ['1'] = 'control_minions_all',
                ['2'] = 'control_minions_allplushero',
                ['3'] = 'control_minions_regroup',
                ['4'] = 'use_summon_1',
                ['5'] = 'use_summon_2',
                ['6'] = 'use_summon_3',
                A = 'use_inventory_1',
                S = 'use_inventory_2',
                D = 'use_inventory_3',
                F = 'use_achievement',
                Q = 'use_ability_1',
                W = 'use_ability_2',
                E = 'use_ability_3',
                R = 'use_ability_4',
        ['Shift-Q'] = 'rotate_left',
        ['Shift-E'] = 'rotate_right',
        ['Shift-W'] = 'pan_up',
        ['Shift-A'] = 'pan_left',
        ['Shift-S'] = 'pan_down',
        ['Shift-D'] = 'pan_right'

}

December 1, 2009 6:50:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Code: c++
  1.         local copyright = import('/lua/ui/menus/copyright.lua').CreateCopyright()
  2.         LayoutHelpers.FillParent(copyright, frame)
  3.         WaitSeconds(2.5)
  4.         if HasCommandLineArg('/multiplayer') or HasCommandLineArg('/skipintro') then
  5.             GetCursor():Show()
  6.             EngineStartFrontEndUI()
  7.         else
  8.             StardockLogo()
  9.         end

It still waits 2.5 secs before checking if you use /skipintro, during that time it shows you the copyright splashscreen.

And yes Peppe you can edit your prefs file, but its not something any noob is about to do, and if you miss a "," the whole prefsfile resets etc. I thought I would noobify a few things but it turned out It wasnt possible.

December 1, 2009 7:17:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

as the purpuse of me starting modding in the first place, however, since the file that changes your camera, is actually not a UI file but that of the Conquest Gamemode!, there is no way to make such a mod to be UI-only. Which means

Partially true. The Conquest file isn't where the actual function is, just the call. The function is in simCamera.lua. However, as this is a sim file, ui only is still a no go.Good news is I have atleast made the mod so it affects all game types.

www.imperiuminferi.com/test/NoDeathCameraMove.7z

This does not remove the sepia camera however. I will look into that one if you want.

December 1, 2009 7:22:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wait does this me you can get enough skill points to get all skills?

December 1, 2009 7:25:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting heavenlysynn,
Wait does this me you can get enough skill points to get all skills?

Yes, and then quite a few to spare. DA has only needs 32 points to max out.

Interestingly the game originally went to 25, they just commented out the last 5 levels so you can't get them.

December 1, 2009 9:20:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

never play against a erebus with this mod.....

*note to self*

December 1, 2009 9:32:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

After more time looking for the appropriate file than I care to admit, I now have a mod to remove the Sepia camera after death too.

www.imperiuminferi.com/test/NoSepiaCamera.7z

December 1, 2009 9:58:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I combined this with smart mod and got epic results

December 1, 2009 11:05:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Insanely fun!   

Used smart AI mod and played as TB with BotS on Zikurat vs 5 hard AI.  TB levels up insanely fast, and becomes an offensive juggernaut!

Start out as Fire and then add Ice.  TB with all of his skills active is crazy fun.

Thanks for the good time Sevenix!    

December 1, 2009 11:06:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

smart AI mod

this = skirmish mod ?  or something else?

December 1, 2009 11:45:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,

smart AI mod
this = skirmish mod ?  or something else?

You know the peppe's skimirsh AI mod

December 3, 2009 9:17:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love the increased creep waves, makes the game feel like more of a battle. I tried the Quite Insane Mod with the Skirmish AI mod active, and after awhile the AI seemed to shut off for most of the AI demigods in play, only TB kept up. It may have to do with the increased level cap in the Quite Insane Mod. This is a bit sad because the Skirmish AI mod does make the game much more intense when combined with this mod here.

December 3, 2009 9:33:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Faceless_Wanderer,
I love the increased creep waves, makes the game feel like more of a battle. I tried the Quite Insane Mod with the Skirmish AI mod active, and after awhile the AI seemed to shut off for most of the AI demigods in play, only TB kept up. It may have to do with the increased level cap in the Quite Insane Mod. This is a bit sad because the Skirmish AI mod does make the game much more intense when combined with this mod here.
that only happen onces for me.

December 4, 2009 12:35:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Faceless_Wanderer,

Have had this happen a few times without any mods. seems to be something else causing it. Sometimes they all stop, others its just 1 or 2. ( I do quite a lot of mod testing with AI, so I do play a lot of ai games )

December 7, 2009 5:04:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why level 50? There arent 50 levels are there??

Wait wouldnt this make a 100 slaughter match with full experience vaiable 0_o

December 7, 2009 6:55:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This mod is super fun, especially when coupled with Peppe's AI mod. The bigger armies are super sweet, especially when it runs on highest with no lag, and the additional levels are just funny; I'm versing a 22 DA as we speak as a 42 Rook. Imagine the suffering. Because I'm playing around I've got All Fathers Ring and Girdle of the Giants, and well......I have 17k hp. Only those two items, and level 42. Heehee. 30k is out of the question (without a sigil), but 25k sounds a right challenge....

Excellent mod!

EDIT: Uhh I actually just re-checked; I had 14k hp at 42.....but a couple of levels later I was at 17k! But that was with items.....oh well. I think 20k is the goal,and I could have surpassed it if I had bought more items. Pretty darn cool, especially as Rook.

A bit of feedback; I know this isn't suppossed to be balanced, and I am in no way criticising this, but; the characters that have the most skill slots and abilities (namely TB and QoT) can pretty much rape anything if they have tonnes of mana, which both characters usually do. They can use an ability every second, and a lot of them are damage-dealing. Pretty hectic. I agree with an earlier post; don't try it against Erebus. Rook is pretty insane too, although he isn't as beefy as Erebus with full lifesteal.

December 7, 2009 7:17:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im quite sure UB will be quite evil in this mod as well, seeing everyones abilities stop doing more damage after lv 15. But UBs autoattack damage and hp keeps growing all the way to lv50.

December 7, 2009 8:24:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

0.o I think I might avoid him too.....thanks for the life-saver!

January 12, 2010 3:03:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very nice man, quite an impressive mod! I really liked the change of colours and the lvl bonus is awesome. 

January 13, 2010 11:06:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

higher lvls fun idea! gives an incentive to focus on leveling up

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time: