The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Is the Demon Assassin selectable in single player?

Yes!

By on November 24, 2009 2:23:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dash

Join Date 03/2009
+71

If you're unable to select the Demon Assassin in single player, try running Demigod one time as administrator. 

Run As Administrator

Then check to see if you can select him for single player.  You do not need to run as admin each time to play, but running it just once as admin may clear up that issue for you.

Pinned, Locked Post 66 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 10, 2010 11:27:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To everyone that has been having the issue of being unable to use occulus or demon assassin, I think i've found the solution. Was just reading through the patchnotes, turned out stardocks released occulus as an "unlockable". Go to ????????????https://store.stardock.com/product.aspx?productid=ESD-SDE-W005 and just enter the email address associated with your stardocks account. Log in to a multiplayer game, and it should be fixed. Cheers.

May 10, 2010 6:23:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks khairne89, I've tried all the other suggestions cept the registry alteration to no luck but that link worked for occulus. Unfortunately daemon assassin is still locked. I altered the link to https://store.stardock.com/product.aspx?productid=ESD-SDE-W004 even and got lucky, as it looks like the same page for daemon assassin. Unfortunately the "add to account" won't work for me for this second page. Perhaps it will work for others?

I'm honestly astounded that accessing the full product is so hard. If it matters my copy was downloaded via impulse.

July 13, 2010 12:42:02 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

DA is always availiable in 1P

October 5, 2010 10:24:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

h

January 8, 2011 7:30:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

for some reason i can't even log in to multiplayer even though i have an account

January 8, 2011 7:36:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ya i can't find them either

January 8, 2011 8:17:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

how do you change that??

January 8, 2011 8:27:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

untrue, stardock did answer my email

June 1, 2011 10:32:09 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Got this game yesterday and yes, they are locked for me too. Run as admin, no success. Tried the registry thing, no DLC there to change.. Hosted and joined multiplayer games.. nope, nothing 

Any new tips for this issue?

June 1, 2011 11:10:45 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Sometimes the registration doesn't update appropriately.  You should just shoot an email off to [email protected] and let them know you can't access the 2 new dgs.  They will sort you out.  There are a few other threads on the forums that provide some other tips on how to get them unlocked... but I'd just take the 2 minutes and send off an email.  That way if you can't sort it out, they'll fix you up.

June 1, 2011 4:53:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Alright, did just that, thanks for advice

Gotta admit tho, it's very weird that these kind of issues still exist when game is at ver. 1.30 already. Kind of sad.. Anyways, hoping this will get solved soon!

June 1, 2011 4:58:09 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting CrusniK007,
Gotta admit tho, it's very weird that these kind of issues still exist when game is at ver. 1.30 already. Kind of sad.. Anyways, hoping this will get solved soon!

yeah - but on the bright side, I'm sure they'll sort you out quickly.

I think the problem is that the 2 characters were provided as DLC and are not directly unlocked in any version of the game automatically.  It's quite possible that SD did something to change the process that added the DLC automatically to accounts that buy DG so that now it doesn't work for everyone.  I'm pretty sure there is a registry setting you can change to get access to the dgs in single player mode (on the forums somewhere...), but I don't think that changes enables them for online play.  I might be wrong, though.

Anyway - hope you get sorted out without much delay!

February 24, 2012 10:01:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm... I had bought a CD version of the game (for $2) and then had to buy a CD-key to update.  After updating, I immediately had DA and Occ unlocked.

April 30, 2012 7:38:17 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

help me

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time: