The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[mod help req] Making bejewelled goggles useful.

By on November 23, 2009 8:48:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As inspired from reading morpheas favour item balance mod, I would like to Mod the bejewelled goggles to allow for vision of all demigods at all times, much like having a permanent regulus tracking bug on the enemies..

There are two ideas that I have in mind to be able to implement this.

First and probably easiest, is to figure out where in the .lua there is a classification of an enemy. Altering a barely modified copy of such to the goggles, then allowing for line of sight (albeit on a much smaller level) to be the opposite of what it is now. I cannot find where this information would be.

The other way would be to steal regulus tracking bug information and modify that. Although this would be more difficult, I have found this but might take some work to figure out..

Any help?

+5 Karma | 4 Replies
November 23, 2009 9:23:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As Morpheas is doing something along these lines wouldnt it be easier to wait till he finnished, Remove the section regarding the goggles and then make it permanent instead of temporary? I suppose i am just lazy though. Ill have a look at the lua's and see if i can help ya.

November 23, 2009 9:28:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BAH! Forums went BOOOOOM!

Damn dbl Posting T.T

November 23, 2009 9:35:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think this would be very OP, and would not be a "balance mod", as in premade vs premade games, there is almost always vent involved, so this item would make it a neccessity for both teams, because 1 player can select Goggles, and inform the whole team about the enemies position. Also, with this item, vent teams vs pugs would be even more unfair than it already is.

All in all your idea is good but not for a permanent effect, on all enemies. I will try to make it to be a useable item, and to last for about 10 sec or so.

November 23, 2009 10:35:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But considering how useful most of the favour items will be now, to sacrifice something like a blade of the serpent or botf for a "tracking bug" level of sight (which i think is 4 or 5 units) for the rival demigods would be a tactical ploy. Vent teams will never be equal to unorganised pugs, so its not too much use revolving balance around that. I think it would work for frequently ganked demigods, or as a buff to UP regulus.

ha It was inspired by your mod, doesn't haveto be a part of it Not intended to steal your mod kudos morph

Just can't find the right place. I'll look after work.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.