The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[1.2]How is Warp Area and Chain Lightning intended to work?

By on November 22, 2009 7:00:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So I've played around a bit with the new Demigod and the first thing I've noticed is, maybe not a bug, but something I'm not sure if it is intended or not.

Let's start with Warp Area, if me (as Demon Assasin) is standing next to just one unit or Demigod that is included in the area of Warp Strike I will just hit that unit once. So it will only do about 250 dmg in first lvl and only warp 1 time when the tooltip says it is supposed to warp 4 times or something.

Chain Lightning is the same, even though at some lvl the tooltip say it should arc 7 times. If I cast it for example on a rook standing next to a UB it will only hit them one time each. According to the tooltip it should arc 5 times more.

Does anybody know how this is supposed to work?

+10 Karma | 4 Replies
November 22, 2009 7:31:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Both abilities only hit a target once, so if there's only one enemy in range you will warp only once, even if you have 4 warps. I'm sure this is intended, it says so in the ability description.

And I believe you're talking about Warp Area, not Warp Strike, which only affects a single target, once.

November 22, 2009 8:55:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same with the lightning. It will only arc to targets inside the ability range. 

November 22, 2009 9:12:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It would continue to arc/warp only if there are other targets nearby that hasn't already been hit by the spell.

November 22, 2009 9:38:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So I've played around a bit with the new Demigod and the first thing I've noticed is, maybe not a bug, but something I'm not sure if it is intended or not.

Let's start with Warp Strike, if me (as Demon Assasin) is standing next to just one unit or Demigod that is included in the area of Warp Strike I will just hit that unit once. So it will only do about 250 dmg in first lvl and only warp 1 time when the tooltip says it is supposed to warp 4 times or something.

Chain Lightning is the same, even though at some lvl the tooltip say it should arc 7 times. If I cast it for example on a rook standing next to a UB it will only hit them one time each. According to the tooltip it should arc 5 times more.

Does anybody know how this is supposed to work? Or maybe somebody from GPG/SD could answer this. If it doesn't work as intented it's a quite big bug.

LOL are you kidding right?

you would want the chain lightning to do 750x5 to both??

LOLLLLLLLLLL

they are easy to understand spells

750 to ANY target, up to 10 targets, end of story

and its already a bit overtuned imo

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.