The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD] Play as Demon Assassin and Oculus

Play as DA and OC

By on November 21, 2009 7:36:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I replaced Random Assassin and Random General selection functions with a simple return of DA and OC directly.  This mod works becuase HeroUtil.lua was not locked.

Select Random Assasin to play as Demon Assassin.  

Select Random General to play as Oculus.

Download: http://peppe-dg-mods.googlecode.com/files/Random_EQ_New.zip

To play online/multiplayer all players must have the mod extracted to the mod folder correctly.  A common error is to have an extra directory more details below.

How to Install:

Find your demigod install folder and extract the mod to:

Demigod\bindata\mods\

Default path is something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock Games\Demigod\bindata\mods

Create mods folder if it doesn't exist, but it should already exist.  You should end up with one 'Random_EQ_New'  folder in your mods folder (if your extraction tool created an extra directory move the files up to the top level Random_EQ_New.  Enable the mod in the mod manager in game and select the random demigod you want to play.

Final Install path should end up:

Demigod\bindata\mods\Random_EQ_New

In that folder you should see a hook folder and the mod_info.lua

To play offline single player you can use the mod above for skirmishes only or edit your registry for tournaments.

Single player option, Registry Edit:

This registry edit will allow playing as DA/OC in single player skirmishes and tournaments.  With this change the icons for the demigods will no longer be grayed out for all offline menues ingame.

Start -> Run -> Regedit.  Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Stardock\Drengin.net\Demigod\DLC

Change the value for 9 and 10 from 0(disabled) to 1 (enabled). 

Credit to ntropy for the regedit if he wants it

+48 Karma | 61 Replies
November 22, 2009 6:29:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Silver it must be the folder, one of you has a wrong name or an underfolder there

It must be mods/Random_EQ_New/ and there the files already. without any other underfolder expact the hook folder which is already for the mod.

i had /Random_EQ_New/Random_EQ_New/ because i extracted with winrar and rar just does a folder itself. I also got the crit error then. After i deleted one of them it worked fine Now i can play online without any trouble.

November 22, 2009 7:28:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have made a new post for people to avoid this thing with the folders.

Most people dont know about it yet.

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369780

November 22, 2009 7:29:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Btw awesome thing with the registry, so simple and without any mods!

November 23, 2009 2:40:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just a heads up for anyone running 64bit windows 7....the registry for me was:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Stardock\Drengin.net\Demigod\DLC

November 23, 2009 3:14:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting zechio,
Just a heads up for anyone running 64bit windows 7....the registry for me was:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Stardock\Drengin.net\Demigod\DLC

It'll be the same for anyone running any Windows version in 64bit. The Wow6432node is the conversion point in the registry between 64 and 32 bit programs.

November 23, 2009 5:54:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have not had to edit my registry at all, Vista 64, and this run perfectly in single and multiplayer.

November 23, 2009 6:08:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Theutus,
I have not had to edit my registry at all, Vista 64, and this run perfectly in single and multiplayer.
You only have to edit the registry, if you don't want to use a Mod.

November 23, 2009 7:11:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well first of all gratz for unlocking the new demigods you r really a genius!i got a problem though when i go to regedit from my pc (got windows vista 32 bit its probably the problem) i CANT find DLC as a folder under drengin.net/demigod.  the DLC does not exist and i cant edit it   any ideas???what i am i doing wrong???? is it cause of the folders during the extraction part???? plz someone help

November 23, 2009 8:50:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Silver it must be the folder, one of you has a wrong name or an underfolder there

Thx, afther my post i figured tht myself. Thanx anyways, i think it will work now

November 23, 2009 8:52:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,

Quoting Theutus, reply 31I have not had to edit my registry at all, Vista 64, and this run perfectly in single and multiplayer.You only have to edit the registry, if you don't want to use a Mod.

wherer is that at?

November 23, 2009 11:01:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting johnkout7,
well first of all gratz for unlocking the new demigods you r really a genius!i got a problem though when i go to regedit from my pc (got windows vista 32 bit its probably the problem) i CANT find DLC as a folder under drengin.net/demigod.  the DLC does not exist and i cant edit it   any ideas???what i am i doing wrong???? is it cause of the folders during the extraction part???? plz someone help

Make sure you have patched and run the game once.   You could see if there are other drengin.net (ctr-f to search) folders somewhere else in your registry.    Or try rebooting that fixes everything...

November 23, 2009 11:08:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting heavenlysynn,

Quoting Spooky__, reply 32
Quoting Theutus, reply 31I have not had to edit my registry at all, Vista 64, and this run perfectly in single and multiplayer.You only have to edit the registry, if you don't want to use a Mod.
wherer is that at?

Registry edit description added to first post.   Only reason to go edit it would be if you want to play as one of the new demigods in single player tournament mode.    The registry change makes the DA/OC fully selectable in all menues, but will not work online.

For online multiplayer you have to use my mod becuase the game does not read registry values to see which demigods you have access to.   Instead  its tied to your account.

November 23, 2009 1:58:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Peppe you know how to make an installer ?

The mod works well in multiplayer but there is always someone with that folder problem and we get the critical gamestate error.
It would be very helpfull to see an installer which just ask for the demigod installation folder and then just extract those files itself.

It would avoid all error messages

I hope you know how to do it

PS: As you dont play multiplayer you will probably not notice how many ppl are using your mod. The lobby is full of games with your mod
every second game is  DA OC mod server just to let you know how famous you got ^^

November 23, 2009 7:09:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good to hear others found this useful.  An installer at this point is probably more trouble than its worth.   DA is officially out now and I would assume Oculus will follow shortly, so this mod should be obsolete soon.

November 24, 2009 4:41:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

true

November 30, 2009 3:10:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Phu i have already deleted this mod as i thought Occulus would be available soon, but it is STILL NOT there...

So annoying Stardock lets us wait again so long...

... Reinstalling mod... =p   I hope some more will do it

January 2, 2010 10:35:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Where can the demigod/bandata/mods folder thing be found(I'm not good in downloading,uploading, or extracting mods) I looked everywher, but can't find the folder-thing! Any help?

January 2, 2010 10:46:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting simi337,
Where can the demigod/bandata/mods folder thing be found(I'm not good in downloading,uploading, or extracting mods) I looked everywher, but can't find the folder-thing! Any help?

Program Files> Stardock Games> Demigod> bindata> mods.

January 2, 2010 10:48:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Usually you have to make it for your first mod. Either inside bindata or in the top directory works. ( I usually put mine just in the demigod folder, cause I'm too lazy to always be diggin into another folder )

January 2, 2010 12:40:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It is best for the "mods" folder to be inside the "bindata" folder.

simi, if you cannot find the bindata folder (i dont see any difficulty), then just open a Search window, and type "bindata".

Inside that folder, there should be a "mods" folder. If not, then create one.

Questions?

January 3, 2010 12:16:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok i have my folder for new demigods up I have two paths, mods.lua and random_EQ_New

Which one do i extract to the bindata folder?

January 3, 2010 12:30:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i did what you said it didn't work.....

January 3, 2010 2:39:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is there a mods folder inside the bindata folder?

Did you follow my instructions on extracting the files of the mod?

Did you place the mod inside the mods folder properly, without extra folders?

Did you enable it in the Mod Manager?

I want to help you, but you dont give me much info on what steps did you follow for this procedure.

January 3, 2010 10:50:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Should something say when I'm done that I've done it correctly and to enable it in mod manager or does nothing show up?

January 3, 2010 10:54:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

am i like the only person who still uses this mod?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.