The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Fix for TorchBearer being unable to fire while moving

By on November 20, 2009 3:30:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

By request, I am making this post here.

Until Stardock approves another patch I have made a mod that fixes this issue.

Please note: I am releasing this mod personally. This mod is not approved, nor is it supported by Stardock or Gas Powered Games. Any problems you encounter by using this mod should be directed towards me.

To use: Navigate to your Demigod/bindata folder and create a new folder called Mods, if one does not already exist. Then, unzip the contents of this file to your mods directory.

http://sorian-ai-mod.googlecode.com/files/Fire%20TB%20Fix.zip

+27 Karma | 14 Replies
November 20, 2009 3:46:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice, it'll be good to see it in action at the very least. There's a slight tooltip error on the Demon Assassin's final dodge ability (it say 'on hit,' which makes it unclear whether it's when being hit or autoattacking) and I think one or two other things I've seen here and there, maybe SD will okay a mini patch if we can find enough small, easily changed fixes to justify it.

Keep up the good work.

November 20, 2009 3:51:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorian, we really love you.

November 20, 2009 3:55:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wait, the Patch Notes say that this was fixed.

What's the issue here?  I haven't played the new version yet.

November 20, 2009 4:13:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting joe_the_dragon,
Wait, the Patch Notes say that this was fixed.

What's the issue here?  I haven't played the new version yet.

The fix for TB in v1.2 didn't/doesn't work, so Sorian released a mod for it until they can get another patch through.

November 20, 2009 4:37:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yep we love you Sorian.

Btw those who didnt apply this mod:

I have tested it and it works fine. It is really fast and easy to apply it, so give it a try.

November 20, 2009 5:21:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it would be great if you gave some tipps about how work with lua at best. i mean which editor, how to debug and test and perhaps if theres a way to make the editor have autocompletion or something like that.

November 20, 2009 5:21:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just tried it. Works well

Thank you very much. But i wonder why its not in the patch if that worked so fast oO...

November 20, 2009 5:44:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Working...

November 20, 2009 5:52:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Lordi17,
Just tried it. Works well

Thank you very much. But i wonder why its not in the patch if that worked so fast oO...

This is an excellent question, especially after they spent so much energy making sure "all the moving parts were working."

November 20, 2009 5:54:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so exactly how do I insert mods in demigod?

November 20, 2009 5:57:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you very much Sorian. It is very impressive of you to go above and beyond for the community as you have and we appreciate it.

As far as why it did not make it in to the patch; I do not believe it is Sorian's place to comment on that. SD is the official communitcations channel for such matters.

November 20, 2009 7:44:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you Sorian, it works for me. However I have a problem, it seems that this mod is causing a sound bug. Sometimes at random I hear a beep and the sound mutes for a 3-5 seconds and then the sound comes back. Has anyone experienced this ?

November 20, 2009 9:50:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

November 30, 2009 12:13:23 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If i use this mod with a mod that includes increasing TB's speed to 6.3 could the change to bp file be over riten by your mod if the change is applyed in the wrong order.

If this can occur can i use a modifyed version of your mod_units.bp in my mod?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.