The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demon assassin - observed bugs + feedback (re-assessed)

By on November 20, 2009 2:22:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just want to bring these bugs to attention;

Common visual bugs:

- action pose - common bug, usually in a running pose which im pretty sure occurs after a warp skill (not 100% sure tho).
- the invisible elevator - after using warp area (or during) he appears to be clipping through the ground of the arena. I think proper position is recovered when he moves again.

Game Mechanic Bugs:

- Warp area - stunning him during this skill seems a little rigid/unpredictable. Stunning him during the skill "semi-interrupts" but he completes the rest of the skill immediatly after, and he is stunned once completing warp area.
- Shadow swap - not sure if this would be considered a bug or if it is just how the skill is supposed to work. Basically if im using a skill and he shadow swaps with me, my skill would cancel out (dont remember if it incurrs a cooldown penalty).

Feedback

Quite hard to tell if he's OP or UP when playing against these AI's but DA seems to be a balanced character. I made a game against him where i was ereb. The battles seemed to be even. He had very nice dps while i had nice durability making us last long against each other.

No complaints rlly... I do have some complaints now lol...

Okay, now that i have actually played the demigod ive got a much better overall feel for how this demigod works. All this talk about him making ranged characters useless is a load of crap imo. UB still outshines him with in this department with just spit, but not only that UB can take on other melee class with ease by having his ooze active.
But bak onto DA and what i feel needs to be done to make him a worthy character;

Warp Strike
Not as effective as what i thought. Its dmg is weak (until you get the lvl 15) and range is quite pitiful at early levels. All the times ive used the lvl 1 of warp, i dont even do 200 dmg, it usually does only 170.
It doesnt even help with catching up to a fleeing demigod coz when you warp you pause for a bit afterwards making you fall behind unable to finish the rest of the targets health.
Bat swarm is just much too superior than warp strike as you can swarm ahead of a demigod then bite to slow them down, still having a lead to keep hitting on target. 
It should be something like this, "250/400/550/750 dmg. Range 20/20/25/30". its alrdy mana heavy so i dont believe this'll make it unbalanced.

Warp Area
Level 1 of this is useless as many ppl have mentioned. Also the lvl 15 of it needs something more...

Speed Passive
Well its hard to decide whether you want to spec in speed or crit or dodge. Which all are VERY useful. I always find myself getting at least lvl one of this skill just to boost me up to 6.3 so im even with a UB or Erebus. TBH i think its UB who needs to start off with 6.0 speed and DA with 6.3 base speed. DA should be some sort of a speed character imo. However if the base speeds should stay the same i suggest that the speed passive skill line should have a % increase by 5 (10%/15%/20%/25%).

Crit Passive
Kinda useless since DA's AA is very weak. Even with a couple of dmg buffing equips hes is still weaker than other melee characters. He rlly needs his AA dmg buffed. Otherwise the percentage of achieveing a crit should be increased.

Overall...

As a character who is squishy and is very mana heavy i believe he should be able to dish out more dmg in general with his AA in a short amount of time just to cater for time being lost due to having to fall back sooner than you usually would. I'm not quite sure if what ive written justifies why he needs a buff but from playin with him quite a few times now i feel that he is lacking.

+32 Karma | 30 Replies
November 20, 2009 2:57:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My thoughts the pose is alil random at times once he was just attacking and just ran away and it happened a second time he was useing a skill the warp area clip only seen happen once while i was fighting him and as far as the stun goes i am not sure

the shadow swap did cancel out my skill while useing oak and useing Shield but then again it stuns you while swapping you so that could be why overall IMHO he's alil OP but not by much somehow pulling off insane crits at the start 190-213 for normal attack then all of a sudden pulling a 700 out of his a$% killing me but it wasn't to bad

after i had bought Grid and HoL + Godplate i had no problems with him anymore 

overall he's worked out pretty good minus the lil clipping and pose bugs

great character NO COMPLAINTS FOR OCCY EITHER he is 100% Perfect at least for that game he was no animation bugs nor being OP

the game was Me as OAK Occy was on my side vs LE and the DA great game played them on normal for a warm up

i did notice some pathfinding issue's Rook and Oak mostly getting stuck around corner's dunno if it was cuz of the part of the path i had clicked or if it was a pathfinding bug

November 20, 2009 3:29:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pretty sure Sorian said Shadow Swap is his inturrupt.

November 20, 2009 3:46:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

- Warp area - stunning him during this skill seems a little rigid/unpredictable. Stunning him during the skill "semi-interrupts" but he completes the rest of the skill immediatly after, and he is stunned once completing warp area.[/quote]

Warp Area is instant cast and makes DA invincible so you shouldn't be able to stun him.....

[quote who="Thundercles" reply="2" id="2449226"]Pretty sure Sorian said Shadow Swap is his inturrupt.

Yeah, he did.

Anyways, from playing against and with him he seems to have a high damage output but is pretty fragile at the same time. As a side note, does anyone else think his death animation is awesome?

November 20, 2009 4:02:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wait, have they released the Demigods?

November 20, 2009 4:06:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Hilving,
Wait, have they released the Demigods?

Not yet, they will be released to select players for beta testing before going public.

November 20, 2009 4:09:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

- Warp area - stunning him during this skill seems a little rigid/unpredictable. Stunning him during the skill "semi-interrupts" but he completes the rest of the skill immediatly after, and he is stunned once completing warp area.
I am not quite sure if you mean it like that, but Bat Swarm has the same behavior. Sometimes when you stun an Erebus right before he bat swarms, the swarm will execute, but he will come out stunned on the other side. I even slammed an Erebus once right when he swarmed and he came out dead on the other side. That was awesome

November 20, 2009 4:17:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,

- Warp area - stunning him during this skill seems a little rigid/unpredictable. Stunning him during the skill "semi-interrupts" but he completes the rest of the skill immediatly after, and he is stunned once completing warp area.I am not quite sure if you mean it like that, but Bat Swarm has the same behavior. Sometimes when you stun an Erebus right before he bat swarms, the swarm will execute, but he will come out stunned on the other side. I even slammed an Erebus once right when he swarmed and he came out dead on the other side. That was awesome

lol ive seen that done b4 also ... most likely against me (knowing my luck lol). but no, its seems a little different how this one worked. i think it was one of the strikes he executed during warp area got stunned/interrupted sort of a thing... not sure.

i might have to invest some more time with this just to figure out, "what would happen if..."

November 20, 2009 8:17:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i tried to random assassin in a single player game against DA and hoped id get him (a man can dream!) anyway i got REG and grabbed poisned dagger. Anytime the snare hit with dagger DA would kinda glide instead of run, and also his legs would not move while he was gliding so pretty sure thats just a visual hiccup of some type?

November 20, 2009 10:32:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, DA can deal (after lvl15) 2600 Skill Damage in 1 sec. That's OP.

November 20, 2009 11:27:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Fil26,

A fire Tb can also go over 2000 dmg at level 15... in a few seconds.

But I agree that the DA's direct damage skills are very very powerful. Also dodge builds are viable because he can get 15% through skills. You might see him with 40% in the endgame, which is really badass.

November 21, 2009 12:05:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Fil26,

i think other factors need to be taken into consideration b4 concluding whether DA is OP or not...

November 21, 2009 7:55:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, DA is extremely mana intensive, to put it lightly. However, he does have enormous single-target burst damage: which makes sense, he IS an Assassin xP

Useful tricks with DA is you can use Warp-Strike on an enemy creep as an escape mechanism. Both Oculus and DA have a warp-ability at the expense of not having a Stun.

I think his movement speed buff needs some sort of other buff. +5% movement speed is strictly inferior to Sedna's Inner Grace. Perhaps a +5 mps which would complement him fairly well (though that might be too big xP).

Passive builds look fun and viable, though a point in Warp Strick and Shadow Swap would probably be important for early game damage and also getting into/out of combat.

However, Oculus seems to be the better of the two, at the cost of an interrupt. Though his lightning balls pretty much fail. High mana cost, low damage, and 20 second duration :-/

November 21, 2009 8:18:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol you said lightning balls... sorry for the beavis  n' butthead moment

November 21, 2009 8:59:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

However, Oculus seems to be the better of the two, at the cost of an interrupt. Though his lightning balls pretty much fail. High mana cost, low damage, and 20 second duration :-/

i think minions in general would be more viable if they costed a LOT less in mana than wat they do now.

November 21, 2009 11:05:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think his movement speed buff needs some sort of other buff. +5% movement speed is strictly inferior to Sedna's Inner Grace. Perhaps a +5 mps which would complement him fairly well (though that might be too big xP).

Yeah, it was said before, just +15% is inferior to Sedna and TB, but it would be fine if DA has base mov speed 6.3 - What is his base speed?

November 21, 2009 12:02:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting abuggeredhedgie,

Useful tricks with DA is you can see Warp-Strike on an enemy creep as an escape mechanism. Both Oculus and DA have a warp-ability at the expense of not having a Stun.

Shadow Swap is his stun.

November 21, 2009 8:05:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shade,

Quoting abuggeredhedgie, reply 12

Useful tricks with DA is you can see Warp-Strike on an enemy creep as an escape mechanism. Both Oculus and DA have a warp-ability at the expense of not having a Stun.

Shadow Swap is his stun.

its more like an interrupt

November 21, 2009 11:21:09 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Bobek_XY,

Yeah, it was said before, just +15% is inferior to Sedna and TB, but it would be fine if DA has base mov speed 6.3 - What is his base speed?

November 22, 2009 3:09:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,

Quoting Shade, reply 16
Quoting abuggeredhedgie, reply 12

Shadow Swap is his stun.
its more like an interrupt

Yeah, but it says "STUN" in-game when it happens

November 22, 2009 3:36:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A fire Tb can also go over 2000 dmg at level 15... in a few seconds.

That's hardly relevant. A fire TB has a huge cast time compared to DA. I don't think his nukes are OP. I think he's UP as a whole.

November 22, 2009 4:02:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Since TB's fireball was brought up, i wanna quickly put out an opinion of mine.

What i think is stupid is that if a TB tries to fireball a UB (being a squishy character and all, ull wanna try avoid as much dmg as you can) with the best attempts at avoiding dmg, ull effectively be more dmged since by the time u cast ur fireball at a UB he wouldve had the time to run in and spit on you paying u back for all the dmg u dished out on him + more (1650 dmg over 10).

2 spits and a TB will be forced to go back to base to heal up. This cant be helped, coz as a TB u wanna use ur strongest skills on a target and fireball is the most dmging.

To resolve this issue (i find it an issue) i wanna suggest a couple of possible ways to do this...

- reduce fireball's cast time to 0.8 secs. (however this drastically effects chances of interrupting this skill which i dont rlly want)
- increase fireballs distance OR decreasing spits distance.
- buff final lvl fireballs dmg to 1200 and make fire and ice give fireball an extra 300 dmg.

November 22, 2009 4:04:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, that doesn't happen with DA, because his cast time is very short.

November 22, 2009 9:43:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

da seems pretty OP to me right now, its not a char for small games prolly but in a 3v3 with some other cc its lethal

the dmg is high, many passive AND active skill, survive and offense all in once

the good thing is the tree seems balanced, all the abilities looks appealing and someway it could be  aproblem since it seems DA is to be played without any last row talent since all are so good youll probably get any skill and passive bonus and the small stats from items

November 22, 2009 9:50:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shade,
Yeah, but it says "STUN" in-game when it happens

So does Sedna's pounch

I also agree that Ocolus "minions" need dps to make em usefull. And/Or a longer lifetime.

November 24, 2009 11:03:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

After warp area, quite a few times get  the "stand still, until you click to move first, before moving" bug that used to be around.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000547   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.