The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Oculus and Assassin unlocked for AI & Sound Issues

By on November 20, 2009 1:07:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Darvin3

Join Date 12/2008
+166

As the topic says, the Oculus and Assassin are unlocked in singleplayer for the AI.  They are greyed out for the player, but you can select these demigods for the AI.  The characters were fully functional in-game, by the way, even if the AI played them really poorly (even by its own standards)

The second issue is a weird sound bug.  Any time a voice clip plays, I get a random clip instead of the proper one.  For instance, if I order Regulus to move I won't get something usual like "this would be faster with wings".  Instead a completely random clip will play, like "the forces of light have slaughtered 30 demigods".  While funny at first, it starts getting really annoying really fast.

I haven't gone online (I more or less just play DG with friends these days anyways) to see if these are just singleplayer bugs, but I thought I'd report them anyways.

Locked Post 12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 20, 2009 1:12:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yea stardock is trying to torcher us, only staff members can use Da and O.

November 20, 2009 1:22:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Guess the AI counts as staff...

November 20, 2009 4:49:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As the topic says, the Oculus and Assassin are unlocked in singleplayer for the AI. They are greyed out for the player, but you can select these demigods for the AI. The characters were fully functional in-game, by the way, even if the AI played them really poorly (even by its own standards)
This is intentional.

November 20, 2009 7:52:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Darvin3,
Guess the AI counts as staff...
The staff sucks then

November 21, 2009 2:01:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The new demigods are unlocked for the AI also on multiplayer, not just singleplayer, at least in LAN mode I can say.

And I'm having the random sound issue too.

November 23, 2009 9:39:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have the same sound issues.  Anyone know how to fix it?

November 24, 2009 9:33:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have the same problem. The new demigod is locked for me, can't play with it!

November 24, 2009 11:34:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi all,

I have good news!  I was able to unlock the Assasin for single player.  All I did was play 1 multiplayer game online and win it.  I can't recall the main menu off the top of my head because I am not at my own computer atm, but I think if you look in the main menu for the Achievements, you can see what ranks you can unlock for different demigods...  The Assasin was win 1 game... I tried in skirmish mode (single player) and that did not do it... Played a few other different games until I finally unlocked it playing 1 Hosted (bot only) game and winning it online!  I can now play the Assassin in single player mode!!!

I am now trying to unlock Occulus, and I am sure something similar needs to be done for that...

Hope this helps you all.

"Never tell me the odds"

Han Solo

November 25, 2009 12:30:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

About the sound issue... I can play the Assassin and love it.  He's great!  Only problem is random sound bites keep coming in.  For example, it states "Forces of Light are Dominating" when the Forces of Darkness actuall have all the flags.  Or anytime I make an order, I get a random DemiGod comment.  Is this just a bug?  Thanks

November 25, 2009 11:49:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Figured out the deal behind unlocking the characters.  It's true that after you update, both new characters will be grayed out in Single Player/LAN.  But, once you login and connect to the internet server (post-patch), new registry entries are automatically written to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive.  Now you're able to play as the Demon Assassin.  So...let's say you exit the game, open regedit.exe and navigate to the newly created key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Stardock\Drengin.net\Demigod\DLC (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Stardock\Drengin.net\Demigod\DLC for 64-bit OS).

You'll see 10 DWORD values in the key.  If you notice, all of them are set to 1 except for one of them (which is currently at zero).  If you change the odd one in the bunch from 0 to 1 and launch the game again, then the Oculus will be playable in both Single Player/LAN.  However, everytime you login to the Internet master server, the registry entries will be overwritten.  So basically, you won't be able to play as the Oculus online, as of right now.

November 27, 2009 10:48:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I posted somewhere else about the same sound issue. I reinstalled the game and it fixed that problem.

However, I now have no roll-over data on abilities and items. Is anyone else having this problem?

February 25, 2012 3:07:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also having the same sound issue... 3 years later. i wish someone would fix this

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000438   Page Render Time: