The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Selecting Your Games

By on November 19, 2009 8:26:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Everyone knows how annoying it is, you make a game named X vs X No Noobs and the first 7 people who join the game have 0 games played and 7% games won.

So, here's a small, and dumb, but required, guide on how to select the games you play.

#1 Don't play against players with win percentages much higher than yours.

If you have 40% wins, don't go play against players with 60-70%, you'll most likely lose! Even worse, you'll annoy the other players who are losing because you're in way over your head.

#2 If you have less than 50-150 games you're a noob, don't join the 'no noob' games, it's annoying!

#3 If you have 200+ games and less than 50% wins, YOU SUCK, just quit playing the game and go find something your good at, really.

It is so annoying to have someone with 800 games on your team who has no clue what he's doing.

You're not enjoying the game anyway, I mean how could someone possibly enjoy losing 100+ out of 200 games?

So basically: Try to play with and against other players with about the same amount of games and about the same win percentages. Don't join 'good players' games if you suck, don't join 'no noobs' games if you're a noob.

+3 Karma | 40 Replies
November 20, 2009 6:32:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Judging skill on win percentage

November 20, 2009 6:59:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I play other games, like DoWII and Sup Com because there are unranked games there.  Same with 3 of my gaming buds, they lothe ranked games (I play ranked occationally, but at least I get the choice when I want a high intensity ranked with 100% of my focus on the game, or a casual unranked game after I have had one too many beers).

I have always noticed a much more relaxed, fun atmosphere in unranked games; little if any stat checking;no arguing who's on who's team; I've never seen a player kicked, ever, for low stats; far less rage quitting and name calling during the game; much better sports at the end too (almost always a GG from all).  There is a huge difference in most players attitudes the moument you remove the "You lost, and it's on your permanent record" from a game.

November 20, 2009 10:12:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yodan did u even read what you posted? How is that friendly or usefull or informative in any way? Seriusly

"I'm not negative, everything in my first post is true in 95% of the cases, all the retards in here just feel they all have to start insulting and flaming because my theory is off 5% of the time.

I'm a nice guy, I like constructive comments"

the 'retards' give you arguments to counter ur theory. It is not called flaming its called discussing - thats what forums are all about. But if someone post such a pile of rubish like you just did dont expect people to be nice to you. But i see where you bitternes comes from - no one here agreed to what you posted ( and i will be seriusly suprised if someone ever would)

Calling people noobs, telling them they suck based on broken stats is seriusly childish.

I was once called "elitlist fuck" coz i said to complete noob who ruined our game(yet still was trying to tell us what to do) that i would prefer to play with AI then him. I think u deserve that title more, but due to your little expierience in demigod i cant call you that yet.

Oh btw give me at least one example of your great idea we all gona miss out.

PS.

Personally if there would be unranked game mode i wouldnt even bother to check stats of people i will play with. Because this mode will give you nothing from noobstomping, teamstacking etc etc. It will be all about fill the game ASAP and get it going. at least in my idea

November 20, 2009 10:45:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For the most part, win% just indicates how much you cherry pick your games.  I'm not going to list names, but I've run into many players who enter and leave games if the game is not heavily stacked in their favor.  If the game had a real and harsh rating system, I wouldn't be suprised if many of the 75%+ guys had lower ranks than some of the ~50% guys. 

November 21, 2009 2:01:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL @ win percentages being used as an argument.

The sad thing is, if we revert to "unranked" matches, we'll simply revert to the pre-overlay patch situation, where the host would simply pull up players via the rankings list to see how "good" that player was.

November 21, 2009 2:23:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting xXAequitasXx,
LOL @ win percentages being used as an argument.

The sad thing is, if we revert to "unranked" matches, we'll simply revert to the pre-overlay patch situation, where the host would simply pull up players via the rankings list to see how "good" that player was.
And they'd care about uncounted wins WHY?

November 21, 2009 3:18:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeodan I just played a game with you, you should include yourself in the group you are trying to discourage you are not  a skilled player.

November 21, 2009 5:55:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shiro_Sol,

Quoting xXAequitasXx, reply 30LOL @ win percentages being used as an argument.

And they'd care about uncounted wins WHY?

Honestly, beats me.  I personally don't mind playing with pros or noobs, just as long as everyone's friendly.  However, I do know that there are quite a few people who get no enjoyment out of playing with their "lessers", and hence my comment that it will just revert to lookups on the website (which was what people were doing prior to the overlay making it a bit easier).

November 21, 2009 8:07:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The most accurate way with current rankings to tell how good a player is to look there games list (20 to 40 is needed). If the front page is mostly green and does not have any pathanon or noob games on it then they will at the very least be compitant players.

This is only realy useful, due to the time required to do this, and i can only be bothered to use it to test someones creditibilty on the forum.

I have to say this if you start of with a group of players with above 50 percent win rates and only play vs players who started off with above 50 percent wins eventually some of those players will drop below 50 percent.... (if you change the 50 to 70-80 this happends much faster)

Though you do count for a 1/3 of your teams strength, the best team on the day wins in demigod. I would say 50 percent of games are decided by who managed to 'organise' themselves onto the best team at the start (and posibly quitting if you do not suceed in doing this) ,with the other 50 being players' skill on the day.

I would also say that players who do try to 'orgainise' teams in there favor do win 50 percent more games while they are chosing to do this as apposed to just getting a game and and compliantly moving to the slot players ask you to be in. If you do not adopt as least some of this behavor you are going to struggle to mantain 50 percent wins unless you are 'uber l33t' and you being on the team is enough to make them win (i am not this good).

Feel free to correct me, but if an ideal rankings system was developed 90 to 95 percent of game would be correctly predicted before the game started and therefore maybe we should stick with what we have.

November 21, 2009 11:44:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just hate going into games where one side has a couple 60s% and one 80% and the other side has a 50% and a 30%, and people just constantly enter and leave the last slot due to not wanting an automatic loss.  What makes it worse is when the 80% player responds to this by complaining that people care too much about winning, and leaves the lobby, rather than just moving down to the other team that has the weaker players.

We need a proper rating system that would punish lobby sitters and noob bashers for their behavior, so that winning in a stacked team awards the players almost nothing, and losing as a stacked team heavily hurts each player's rating.

November 22, 2009 4:21:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, and while we are busy trying to kick people with 200+ games who dont win atleast 50% of the time, can we also kick them from the forums, tired of hearing their noob mouths suggesting builds and flaming every post, because everyone who doesn't win half the time is a complete noob who I never want on my team!!!

Lol, seriously, this is a GAME, have fun, i hear ya when i see people with 15 games joining no noob games, but cmon, if you want an even game, have 2 noobs join, and one on each side, don't just cry every time someone with 200 games and 49% win has a bad game and ruins it for you, just a game...

Honestly, i think you have already punished yourself for making the comment, I KNOW you didn't intend to mean it like it was understood by EVERYONE who read this, so, sorry if you don't post in here anymore, you have made some great posts, and I know i will miss ya!?!

DaBRUM

P.S. Instead of protecting your drunken self, just come up with an excuse, or give a public apology, lol

November 23, 2009 2:30:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This would fix these desync, out of balance, rage quit issues:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369805

November 24, 2009 1:57:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Jona_,
Yeodan I just played a game with you, you should include yourself in the group you are trying to discourage you are not  a skilled player.

I had the same thing just didn't want to say it

November 25, 2009 5:46:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just going to point out that some people like myself JOIN GAMES ABOVE THEIR SKILL LEVEL OR AGAINST GOOD PM so that i get better = my win rate 52%

i only have 250ish games and am better than some people with 300+ because of ^^

so should i quit?

according to you i should.

AND

Just put balanced in the title of your game and balance it. This way you can play with noobs and pros. If you can't balance then kick someone or try 4v4

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.