The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Selecting Your Games

By on November 19, 2009 8:26:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Everyone knows how annoying it is, you make a game named X vs X No Noobs and the first 7 people who join the game have 0 games played and 7% games won.

So, here's a small, and dumb, but required, guide on how to select the games you play.

#1 Don't play against players with win percentages much higher than yours.

If you have 40% wins, don't go play against players with 60-70%, you'll most likely lose! Even worse, you'll annoy the other players who are losing because you're in way over your head.

#2 If you have less than 50-150 games you're a noob, don't join the 'no noob' games, it's annoying!

#3 If you have 200+ games and less than 50% wins, YOU SUCK, just quit playing the game and go find something your good at, really.

It is so annoying to have someone with 800 games on your team who has no clue what he's doing.

You're not enjoying the game anyway, I mean how could someone possibly enjoy losing 100+ out of 200 games?

So basically: Try to play with and against other players with about the same amount of games and about the same win percentages. Don't join 'good players' games if you suck, don't join 'no noobs' games if you're a noob.

+3 Karma | 40 Replies
November 19, 2009 8:29:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

'#3 If you have 200+ games and less than 50% wins, YOU SUCK, just quit playing the game and go find something your good at, really.

It is so annoying to have someone with 800 games on your team who has no clue what he's doing.

You're not enjoying the game anyway, I mean how could someone possibly enjoy losing 100+ out of 200 games?'

a ton of players play for fun who are you to tell them to quit -.-

November 19, 2009 10:25:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shiro_Sol,
'#3 If you have 200+ games and less than 50% wins, YOU SUCK, just quit playing the game and go find something your good at, really.

You're not enjoying the game anyway, I mean how could someone possibly enjoy losing 100+ out of 200 games?'

a ton of players play for fun who are you to tell them to quit -.-

/signed

Plus, a lot of players with such low win rates play against a lot of premades for fun and enjoyment which results in a lower win %. I fail to understand how that is a bad thing.

Now, if you have a 20% win rate after 800 games, sure, then you probably suck and I might not want you on my team, but I wouldn't think that you should quit. Simply marvel at how you never got better xP

November 20, 2009 12:46:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am with Shiro_Sol and abuggeredhedgie on this one. No wonder the DG community is so small when you have people with such an elitist and narrow minded attitude as depicted in point #3 and below. Some people, actually allow new players to play on their team, regardless of the outcome of the game, just so those people also have some fun and do not get too quickly discouraged from online experience.

Instead of getting thanks for trying to keep online community alive, they get a middle finger up, as in the first post. THAT'S annoying and not the fact that someone wants to join your game.

Regardless, on behalf of those "less fortunate" people, I would like to apologize to you Yeodan for causing you a great deal of mental and physical discomfort by forcing you to press "kick out" button so many times and spoiling your day!

November 20, 2009 1:18:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I show 15 games, 2 wins.  Actually, I've played about 100ish total, and won the vast majority (on Lan with friends).  I am not a noob, nor am I a great player. I've joined "Noobs Only" games, only to be chewed out for being too good.  I've been kicked out of lobbies because of my low game rating because I'm "too bad" of a player. That's one of the main reasons, I, and so many of the Demigod community decided to go play other games rather than deal with nerd-divas just to play a quick, fun game. 

My suggestion to find a fun game of Demigod:

1# Try your best not to play with people that have rules like the OP. . . . .

Oh, and if ANY devs happen to read this, perhaps some day, you will actually put NON RANKED games (like are in other games from release) in Demigod, to pull back in much of the player base you lost due to the ranked only games with the "Only if I can win" players.

November 20, 2009 1:21:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You could not have said it better PurplePaladin!

November 20, 2009 1:23:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Everyone knows how annoying it is, you make a game named X vs X No Noobs and the first 7 people who join the game have 0 games played and 7% games won.

So, here's a small, and dumb, but required, guide on how to select the games you play.

If you have 40% wins, don't go play against players with 60-70%, you'll most likely lose! Even worse, you'll annoy the other players who are losing because you're in way over your head.

#2 If you have less than 50-150 games you're a noob, don't join the 'no noob' games, it's annoying!

#3 If you have 200+ games and less than 50% wins, YOU SUCK, just quit playing the game and go find something your good at, really.

You're not enjoying the game anyway, I mean how could someone possibly enjoy losing 100+ out of 200 games?

So basically: Try to play with and against other players with about the same amount of games and about the same win percentages. Don't join 'good players' games if you suck, don't join 'no noobs' games if you're a noob.

1. I have 28% and play well against people with 60% and 70% so I say bullshit

3. WTF some people play this game for fun, relaxation and enjpyment. Not everyone gives a damn about win percent, which I might add shouldn't even be in a TEAM AND STRATEGY game in the first place. Sesh not everyone is competitive in this game or has that elitist atitude.

November 20, 2009 1:24:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm sorry Leon, you do not have a high enough post rating, so I'm kicking you out of this thread. . . . .

November 20, 2009 1:32:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting PurplePaladin,
I'm sorry Leon, you do not have a high enough post rating, so I'm kicking you out of this thread. . . . .
sorry you must be at least this tall (13+ karma) to ride the kicking mobile.

November 20, 2009 1:56:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting PurplePaladin,

Go ahead please, but while doing it, be very careful not to break your "nerd-diva" bone!  

November 20, 2009 4:53:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeodan: you shouldn't think that people with a low win percentage and high game count simply suck. The win percentage means nothing imho.

November 20, 2009 6:24:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,
Yeodan: you shouldn't think that people with a low win percentage and high game count simply suck. The win percentage means nothing imho.

Agree I know alot of people under 50% who play way better then ppl 60 or even 80%+.

November 20, 2009 7:28:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

" If you have 200+ games and less than 50% wins, YOU SUCK, just quit playing the game and go find something your good at, really."

Quote of the month. U know why, because YOU have 238 games and 59.2% games won since reset. Is that a stats of uber pro like you claim to be. that 9.2% from sucking in your rules really isnt that much - just one evening of noob stomping.

Seriusly this comunity (in its current problems) dosnt need such a toxic post. U didnt achive anything by posting that pile of rubish.

This game is bugged (desynnc, host exploit, patching bugs, random drops, random ping spikes) and stats are bugged too (games not recorded, loses in games u didnt play). This makes stats worthless. Wait till proper patches address the isues (hope 1.2 will) and stats are reset (so guy who speends all day farming pantheon isnt no. 1 on the list) to make such statements.

Ofcourse people who play from time to time wont have great stats. One of the main reasons is they dont have time to make themself premade. without premade and playing with random people is really hard to win any games.

Right now i join any game PUG or Premade just to get game going. I dont care about my stats at all. I hope they will drop so people wont be afraid to play againts me and hedgie.

We tried to host 2v2 game Preamade Prefered. After waiting for about an hour we get another premade. We got one lobby crashed, one disconection, one endless conectivity screen and one win out of 4 games. And i still dont bother to check if stat system count all of them as loses/wins or just dont show them at all.

Seriusly man get a grip. Lately all ur posts/replays starts with words "it annoys me" u r very toxic....

'Yeodan: you shouldn't think that people with a low win percentage and high game count simply suck. The win percentage means nothing imho.'

Right now win percentage means:

a) how much time u spend AI stomping in pantheon

how good is your premade and how much games you play in premade

c) how well can you use exploits

d) what skill level you got

This is not competive game at all and stats simply mean nothing untill all exploits and stats bugs are fixed !!!

November 20, 2009 7:57:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Jona_,

Quoting Spooky__, reply 10Yeodan: you shouldn't think that people with a low win percentage and high game count simply suck. The win percentage means nothing imho.

Agree I know alot of people under 50% who play way better then ppl 60 or even 80%+.

i know such players too. But most players i met (the majority!) indeed sucked.

what you all forget is that you are only are judging from your own perspective.both things are annoying: to get kicked out because of yours tats and to have a VERY VERY bad game because of a player playing so bad compaired to the rest of player in the game. this is no fun.

now, i agree that stats are not very accurate. in fact they are so bugged that it is a shame. but they still give a quite good messure in over 66% of the cases.

the suggested unranked games would not help because the players are not getting kicked to not lose rank, they are kicked because it is NO FUN to play with players so bad compaired to the others in the lobby. the ladders are bugged anyway. nearly no one cares anymore about the ladder rank when playing.

now, what to do? there is basically only one thing that both sides can do. show a bit understanding for the others sitution. the players with bad stats should understand that in most cases they indeed messure quite good your abiliies and for many it is not fun to play such a game.

and the "good stats"-player shouldn't forget that stats sometimes lie and should allways give them a chance from time to time.

but as i said, sometimes you're sick of scuh a game, so, for the players not being allowed to join, think about it that they maybe had some bad experience in the last games and won't to be on the safer side.

November 20, 2009 8:15:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

random games (noobs and pros) should be for unraked mode -which we dont have /sigh

pro games and premade games should be for ranked mode. Simple, easy, clean solution for our problems. I bet you there will be shit loads of lobbys with unreanked games if we ever get this important and needed upgrade.

November 20, 2009 9:17:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it would change nothing if we get unranked games. the people don't want to paly with lower stats people because they assume the game wont be fun! it is NOT because of their rank in the totally buggy ladder!

your suggestion would be helpfull if we already had a working ladder and stats.

November 20, 2009 11:09:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm done posting here, you're obviously a big pile of retards, cya

November 20, 2009 12:08:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Yeodan,
Why all the hate?

November 20, 2009 12:50:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Yeodan,

So, basically what you are trying to say is, that you do not have an attitude of a nerd-diva but a rude nerd-diva, right?

November 20, 2009 1:15:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I find it weird that he is so negative all of a sudden. He is a very nice guy to play with and he even created the Fun Player list thread.

November 20, 2009 1:43:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Spooky didn't mean you, I like you

there's plenty of other ppl around here I like, CelMare for example

I'm just sick of all the retards flaming every single post I make

I'm not negative, everything in my first post is true in 95% of the cases, all the retards in here just feel they all have to start insulting and flaming because my theory is off 5% of the time.

I'm a nice guy, I like constructive comments, I play with noobs and help them when it doesn't mean a 100% chance to lose for me.

But I also hate criticism, flaming, and ignorant ppl, like 75% of the people on these forums.

This was seriously my last post on these forums, the 25% decent ppl around here will have to miss all my great idea's since I won't be posting them anymore!

November 20, 2009 1:45:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm one of those guys who suck and should quit - over 450 games at 40%. I really enjoy the game.  I like to win, and I don't like losing, but I really enjoy the game.  I've got a couple friends to play premade with on xfire.  Makes the game even better.  If you haven't tried voice premade, you really should.  

Most of my gaming has been at a long-running LAN group.  Mostly weekly, going back to Duke Nukem and Doom2.  We have 2 other members of the LAN group who play Demigod online, one at 85%, the other about 40%.  In head to head play, the 40% guy is 5-0 against our 85 % guy.  Our 40 % guy loves to play almost anybody, the 85 % guy is careful about the games he'll take, because he doesn't want to ruin his stats.

I can appreciate pro players wanting to play other pros.  I'll leave the pro games alone, and try to play with the mids or all welcome games.  I get just as big a kick out of a 10 game player joining a 'no-noobs' game as I do a 61 % player joining an 'under 50 % wins' game.  Happens both ways.

November 20, 2009 2:17:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Yeodan,

I'm not negative, everything in my first post is true in 95% of the cases, all the retards in here just feel they all have to start insulting and flaming because my theory is off 5% of the time.

\

When exactly have I flamed you? If you hate critisim than I do suggest avoiding human interactivity, because everyone critisizes whether they notice or not.

November 20, 2009 3:42:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Yeodan,
Spooky didn't mean you, I like you

there's plenty of other ppl around here I like, CelMare for example

I'm a nice guy, I like constructive comments, I play with noobs and help them when it doesn't mean a 100% chance to lose for me.

But I also hate criticism, flaming, and ignorant ppl, like 75% of the people on these forums.

This was seriously my last post on these forums, the 25% decent ppl around here will have to miss all my great idea's since I won't be posting them anymore!

1. youre not negative, youre insulting.

2. even IF it were true, you were still an...

3. its not true

4. 95%? a win percentage of about 40 only says that there is someone who doesnt care about stats and plays every game even if the teams are imbalanced.

5. youre not nice. well you might think you are, but your post says otherwise. look at 2.

6. i wont be sad that someone who writes such things is gone.

November 20, 2009 3:48:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Games and percentage mean nothing. I win on a ratio of like 5:4 so my rating has stayed at 41/42% for about 40 games now. However I wouldnt call myself a noob

The post was a bad idea Yeodan, all you create is hate

November 20, 2009 5:38:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm sorry, but this is simply false. I've played many people who have had >70% win ratios, and over 200 games. I win against them just as often as I do against guys with 100-200 games and 40-90% win ratios.

Again, not always. In fact, not often. Anyone with 100+ games is usually competent.

I take you just had a rough game?

Again, no. Some of us make an effort to keep teams even. When I host, I make sure that experience is relatively requally divided between the teams, and it works ok but not perfect - sometimes there are 500+ game guys with 60%+ win ratios getting killed by 100 game guys with 40% ratios. This isn't quake. There is a point where you know your DG well enough, you know how to kite well enough, and you have strong item builds that simply won't change much for the next who knows how long. Strong builds are strong builds, and the game mechanics favor easy gameplay in terms of character control and combat.

Quite frankly, team cohesion >>> every other factor in this game. One thing the stats do not tell you is how well a group of players will perform as a team. I'd put money on 3, well-coordinated 150 game guys with 40% win ratios mopping the floor with three 500 game guys with 70% win ratios if they have better teamwork.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.