The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

A few quick answers about v1.2

By on November 17, 2009 7:41:18 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

We’ve been reading feedback and play testing for the past couple of weeks. Here are some quick questions about the upcoming update.

1. We have removed the new favor items based on player feedback. Going forward, the effort will be to make the existing favor items more equally powerful but in different ways.

2. Horn of Battle has been changed to provide 50 health per second to minions for 20 seconds.

3. We will have a sample mod to hand out for people to get the hang of making mods. 

4. The sample mod is called “Boots of Better Speed”.

5. The way mods work is if you enable them in the mod manager you can use them single player. In Multiplayer, they will only work if others players have them installed.

6. Epoch 3 will probably start next week (stats are reset but we will keep favor points around).

7. The two new Demigods are not part of v1.2 but will be enabled to players relatively quickly.

8. We anticipate releasing v1.2 this week. Lots of moving parts to nail down as it’s a lot of changes under the covers.

Hope this helps.

Locked Post 76 Replies +4
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 17, 2009 11:05:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hurrah No Super Favor item's good move and a great adjustment for HoB altho i gotta be honest i never really had a problem with the minion's as far as useing them i've never been able to have good minion's that can take down other powerful demigod's unless they just can't get that good 

No New Demigod's coming with 1.2!!! 

Nah just kidding i can wait for them i just hope they don't end up being OPed 

November 17, 2009 11:38:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am happy about not having those new favor items as well, espcially the spirit of the fallen which i believe would hurt the balance between UB and generals.Thank you..

November 18, 2009 12:30:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

looks like, the new Demi does not come out until the new year.

but still thank you for the work.

November 18, 2009 12:42:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

All hail the frog indeed!  And, no more new favor items as well... Stardock really does care.  I kinda feel bad about all my trolling and snide remarks.

November 18, 2009 1:27:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Allow me to be a lone dissenter re.: new favour items.

I was and have always been a proponent of both long-term item aspirations and greater variety in item arrays. The news that long-term favour items have been removed is bad news to me. I would argue that any drawback to such items is inherently due to the lack of favour point resets in Pantheon and 'campaign' play: right now, once you achieve 'X' points (and therefore items), you`ve got them until the end of time.

All the concern for competitive contest play, and yet favour points are permanent achievements.

November 18, 2009 1:40:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the update. I hope the new demigods will be out soon. Looking forward to seeing them in action.

November 18, 2009 1:41:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's great that you take feedback seriously SD/GPG! Thank you for the info Forgoboy!

November 18, 2009 1:54:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

WarlokLord: Would you like to play chess with me sometime?  I play a lot, so I'll get to use two queens where my bishops would usually be.  Would you enjoy playing chess under these conditions?  I personally don't feel it would be much fun for either of us.

This is my argument against "long term favour" items... they are not fun, and they are not fair, and would destroy the custom game community.  If you want some sort of sense of achievement from playing a video game, I would suggest you look elsewhere because having favor items that are simply better than the others is not good for this game in any way.

November 18, 2009 2:01:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Thundercles,
WarlokLord: Would you like to play chess with me sometime?  I play a lot, so I'll get to use two queens where my bishops would usually be.  Would you enjoy playing chess under these conditions?  I personally don't feel it would be much fun for either of us.

This is my argument against "long term favour" items... they are not fun, and they are not fair, and would destroy the custom game community.  If you want some sort of sense of achievement from playing a video game, I would suggest you look elsewhere because having favor items that are simply better than the others is not good for this game in any way.

Agreed.

November 18, 2009 2:35:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Going forward, the effort will be to make the existing favor items more equally powerful but in different ways.

omg... YES!

November 18, 2009 6:22:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thats all great news!!

November 18, 2009 6:31:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

now this are some good news.

i just wonder a bit if HoB now is not a bit too weak. but this remains to be seen.

November 18, 2009 7:16:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ferazel,
Thank you Frogboy for listening to the community and removing those favor items. I'm now looking forward to EVERYTHING about this patch.

Also, I'm VERY happy to hear that you plan on balancing favor items against each other to make them unique. Now, please ditch favor points to purchase items, and use them for NON-gameplay related materials. How about coupons towards demigod coupons, desktop images, in-game icons, alternate textures/colors, or anything superficial. Stuff that won't necessarily force people to grind away to be able to play at the same level as another player.

Thanks again!

So the stats are being reset this patch?

November 18, 2009 7:46:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i wonder if they manage this time to reset my stats too. last reset they fully survived.

November 18, 2009 7:53:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So it's Wednesday does it look good for patch today?

November 18, 2009 8:36:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Silverdust,
Thank you Frogboy.

Many players old, new and the hardcore are really anxious for this patch.

The points you describe above are really wise descissions.

They also show that it DOES matter what thecommunity thinks

and you (GPG/Startdock) do SUPPORT the community and the game.

Even looking more foreward to the patch now .

Wonderfull news!

Indeed. SD/GPG really listen to the community, and that is absolutely brilliant!

I did some whining these past days, about HoB, the new favor items etc etc. But you guys probably have the best support!

Never have i seen such understanding, and listening to the gamers voice, from a publisher.

1. We have removed the new favor items based on player feedback. Going forward, the effort will be to make the existing favor items more equally powerful but in different ways.

2. Horn of Battle has been changed to provide 50 health per second to minions for 20 seconds.

Totally agree with all changes, awesome patch, hope you release it real soon, great support, and stats reset also good job!

November 18, 2009 8:45:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting morpheas768,

Indeed. SD/GPG really listen to the community, and that is absolutely brilliant!

I did some whining these past days, about HoB, the new favor items etc etc. But you guys probably have the best support!

Never have i seen such understanding, and listening to the gamers voice, from a publisher.

don't exagerate. compaired to what issues still remain, from the community mentioned since beta it is only a very small step. and concidering that they must have totally ignored the last months to even get the idea of this items they wanted to include in 1.2 you really really exagerate extremly.

November 18, 2009 9:00:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CelMare,

don't exagerate. compaired to what issues still remain, from the community mentioned since beta it is only a very small step. and concidering that they must have totally ignored the last months to even get the idea of this items they wanted to include in 1.2 you really really exagerate extremly.

Maybe, but not many publishers do that. We whined in a thread about HoB and they changed it within days. Let me remind you that HoB was intended to be 25 seconds and 80hp/s at 1.2. They nerfed it to 50h/s and 20 seconds. i think that was fast.

Also the new favor items deleted along with plans for balancing existing favor items is great.

November 18, 2009 9:07:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you for you dedication to this 
can't wait!

November 18, 2009 9:31:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CelMare,

The point is they listen.  We are the players and they have competing requests.  Sure they have to listen to us if they want us to continue playing, but they also have to make tough decisions that we have no visibility to.  Overall the point is they do a good job, and they continue to try and improve.  They will never have the ability to listen to everything we want, they've taken a step to let us help ourselves with Modding and I'm sure the start of that will be rough; but the fact they've done it at all speaks volumes. 

I for one am very happy with the game and although I'm frustrated at times with waiting for patches or some of the MP stuff, at the end of it all its because they've made a REALLY GREAT GAME and I just want to play the crap out of it.  If they had developed a substandard game, I wouldn't care... but its so good that I just want more of it

All in all, Thanks for the update Frogboy.  Looking forward to the update and keep up the good work.

ThanatosESC.

November 18, 2009 9:32:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Grat, now where are my answers? My questions weren't about modding or favorn items. My question is how are you going to fix QoT's bugs and shamblers problem?

November 18, 2009 9:43:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting irek1988,
I dont know however if reseting stats without putting in new  demigods/favor/items have any sense? Would like to hear some toughts about that.

Also is it possible to make unraked games in multiplayer mode? Just an option in lobby or something. We need place to test new builds, mods and so on.

Last think. Will games using mods will count towards rankings? i dont think they should as it could be easily abused.

Some good points.  Yes, it would seem best to reset stats after new demigods and favor items were released and balanced a bit.  Otherwise, if anything is OP, it will skew stats right from the get-go.  Also, Epoch 3 would also seem the time to think about scrapping the light/dark division in Pantheon so that more games get started without AI.

I also like the idea of unranked multiplayer games.  That way, new players--which is what we want, right?--can come to the game and not have to worry about stats or being kicked as they are learning the game. 

The question about modded games counting in rankings seems important, too.

November 18, 2009 9:56:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting morpheas768,

Quoting CelMare, reply 42

Maybe, but not many publishers do that. We whined in a thread about HoB and they changed it within days. Let me remind you that HoB was intended to be 25 seconds and 80hp/s at 1.2. They nerfed it to 50h/s and 20 seconds. i think that was fast.

Also the new favor items deleted along with plans for balancing existing favor items is great.

wait, the problem was that it seemed HoB will be 20 seconds and 200HP/s.

the poriginal HoB was not overpowered. and the new one with 20s and 50HP/s maybe a bit weak.

and considering how long we are waiting for this and many other fixes still missing they are extremly slow. yes i compair them to others and till now they are the slowest and worst. sry... i get out of topic. i stop it here.

November 18, 2009 10:10:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting the_hunger,

Quoting irek1988, reply 24I dont know however if reseting stats without putting in new  demigods/favor/items have any sense? Would like to hear some toughts about that.

Also is it possible to make unraked games in multiplayer mode? Just an option in lobby or something. We need place to test new builds, mods and so on.

Last think. Will games using mods will count towards rankings? i dont think they should as it could be easily abused.
Some good points.  Yes, it would seem best to reset stats after new demigods and favor items were released and balanced a bit.  Otherwise, if anything is OP, it will skew stats right from the get-go.  Also, Epoch 3 would also seem the time to think about scrapping the light/dark division in Pantheon so that more games get started without AI.

What tired of all the godly demigods only fighting for darkness? Open your heart to darkness, all shall soon return to the void.

November 18, 2009 10:58:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is indeed great news.

Big up FB!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.