The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

A few quick answers about v1.2

By on November 17, 2009 7:41:18 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

We’ve been reading feedback and play testing for the past couple of weeks. Here are some quick questions about the upcoming update.

1. We have removed the new favor items based on player feedback. Going forward, the effort will be to make the existing favor items more equally powerful but in different ways.

2. Horn of Battle has been changed to provide 50 health per second to minions for 20 seconds.

3. We will have a sample mod to hand out for people to get the hang of making mods. 

4. The sample mod is called “Boots of Better Speed”.

5. The way mods work is if you enable them in the mod manager you can use them single player. In Multiplayer, they will only work if others players have them installed.

6. Epoch 3 will probably start next week (stats are reset but we will keep favor points around).

7. The two new Demigods are not part of v1.2 but will be enabled to players relatively quickly.

8. We anticipate releasing v1.2 this week. Lots of moving parts to nail down as it’s a lot of changes under the covers.

Hope this helps.

Locked Post 76 Replies +4
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 18, 2009 11:02:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ha!  I played MOM on my commodore 64 and thought it was the best thing since Bard's Tale.  Be careful, Frogboy, you're dating yourself.  That might fly with us old-timers, but the "I don't trust anyone over 30 crowd" may turn on you.

Oh yea? How's this for dating: Chris Taylor made Hardball 2 and Kellyn Beeck (one of my other co-conspirators over at GPG) wrote Defender of the Crown.

November 18, 2009 12:25:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for not adding the new favor items!

November 18, 2009 1:37:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Oh yea? How's this for dating: Chris Taylor made Hardball 2 and Kellyn Beeck (one of my other co-conspirators over at GPG) wrote Defender of the Crown.

SHHH! Im 17, you'll ruin the dream!!!!

on topic:
Thank you for cancelling new favour items, this is looking good. Get those DGs finished

November 18, 2009 1:56:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ,
We’ve been reading feedback and play testing for the past couple of weeks. Here are some quick questions about the upcoming update.

1. We have removed the new favor items based on player feedback. Going forward, the effort will be to make the existing favor items more equally powerful but in different ways.

I agree w/every1 else this is good news, but I've been puzzled since the initial announcement, & even moreso now after the quick decision reversal:  what was the initial reasoning to justify the new favors items to begin with?

Thanks for the updates Frogboy, you & every1 @ Stardock and/or GPG deserve a really big "thanks" for the constant jcommunity involvement, even if it's not "perfect" to some! 

November 18, 2009 2:17:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Ha!  I played MOM on my commodore 64 and thought it was the best thing since Bard's Tale.  Be careful, Frogboy, you're dating yourself.  That might fly with us old-timers, but the "I don't trust anyone over 30 crowd" may turn on you.

I played a Bard's Tale on a old apple II.  Brought back awesome memories

November 18, 2009 2:20:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good stuff.

November 18, 2009 5:27:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CelMare,

Also the new favor items deleted along with plans for balancing existing favor items is great.
wait, the problem was that it seemed HoB will be 20 seconds and 200HP/s.

the poriginal HoB was not overpowered. and the new one with 20s and 50HP/s maybe a bit weak.

and considering how long we are waiting for this and many other fixes still missing they are extremly slow. yes i compair them to others and till now they are the slowest and worst. sry... i get out of topic. i stop it here.

CelMare stop being negative all the time. They listened to us about the favor items and about HoB and this is really good.

Be positive for a change

November 18, 2009 5:59:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ,

Thats probably the best decision you could make. Those item would be good to have, but they would just steal all the fun with other favor items. Its really good to see they are canceled.

Futher i hope instead to see some nice balancing on the other once, which is the best thing you can do. Favor items allow alot diffrent tactics when they are usefull. So it will bring some much more depth into the game when you balance favors.

A good idea for example: Give the "teleport favor"(even forgot the name) a small hp bonus, without any hp/second regen. It would allow some new tactics, only for one item.

Or add some more stats bonuses to weak items, maybe small bonuses but if you make one item have 4 or 5 small bonuses, it also allows new tactics already. Im thinking of an item to reduce -10% cooldown but also raises +5% runspeed and also +5% atk speed. Something like that. Its just a quick thought, would need to get more thoughts but it looks not overpowered but very useful.

November 18, 2009 6:08:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Thundercles,
WarlokLord: Would you like to play chess with me sometime?  I play a lot, so I'll get to use two queens where my bishops would usually be.  Would you enjoy playing chess under these conditions?  I personally don't feel it would be much fun for either of us.

This is my argument against "long term favour" items... they are not fun, and they are not fair, and would destroy the custom game community.  If you want some sort of sense of achievement from playing a video game, I would suggest you look elsewhere because having favor items that are simply better than the others is not good for this game in any way.

Show me a single player who does not have their pick of every favour item on the table at any point in Demigod play now... charging favour points for favour items is meaningless when you essentially can amass as many favour points as you want.

November 18, 2009 6:13:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting WarlokLord,

Quoting Thundercles, reply 33WarlokLord: Would you like to play chess with me sometime?  I play a lot, so I'll get to use two queens where my bishops would usually be.  Would you enjoy playing chess under these conditions?  I personally don't feel it would be much fun for either of us.

This is my argument against "long term favour" items... they are not fun, and they are not fair, and would destroy the custom game community.  If you want some sort of sense of achievement from playing a video game, I would suggest you look elsewhere because having favor items that are simply better than the others is not good for this game in any way.

Show me a single player who does not have their pick of every favour item on the table at any point in Demigod play now... charging favour points for favour items is meaningless when you essentially can amass as many favour points as you want.

Pick any noob who jsut started playing, because they can't have their pick when they don't have any favor points. There I just showed you now I win.

November 18, 2009 7:58:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just some more love here for Frogboy, GPG and SD for taking player feedback seriously. I'm really excited to see more balance, and hence variety, in the favor items. This will definitely keep me mixing DG games in with L4D2!

November 19, 2009 2:43:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wow nice

That was simply awesome of you guys to change the new favour items and Horn of Battle

November 19, 2009 12:53:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting insidious420,

quoting post

I agree w/every1 else this is good news, but I've been puzzled since the initial announcement, & even moreso now after the quick decision reversal:  what was the initial reasoning to justify the new favors items to begin with?

Thanks for the updates Frogboy, you & every1 @ Stardock and/or GPG deserve a really big "thanks" for the constant jcommunity involvement, even if it's not "perfect" to some! 

Seems my post got lost/ignored in successive posts, but I'm really interested in knowing why GPG/Stardock thought the new favor items were a good idea and/or what their reasoning behind them was?  Especially since GPG/Stardock so quickly reversed the decision based on community feedback.

It just seems odd, like there wasn't much thought put into the new items, or their rationalization for them isn't something obvious to us, or they just didn't see suggestions about favor items until after feedback from the new items.

November 19, 2009 1:06:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can answer that for you.

It was a matter of copy + paste with some number changes and maybe a new icon =P

November 19, 2009 5:33:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you for making those changes by removing the favor items. The one question I still have however is the status on QoT's buff. From what was stated before, the change only made the Shamblers themselves somewhat useful while making Entourage a waste. Has there been any progress in allowying QoT to heal buildings?

November 19, 2009 5:46:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Where is 1.2?

November 19, 2009 6:04:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1.2 is on impulse now!

November 20, 2009 8:01:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just a wuick question about the Tournaments in Single Player:

1) Will we still be able to play as every (New and previously loved) Demigod in them?

2) Erebus and Rook. Are they still there or am I missing a huge part of this update?

All in all though, I can't wait to play as the one I've been looking forward to for soo long: The Demon Assasin.

Ever since I saw the skillset you guys had planned, and the concept art, I've been waiting and speaking with friends about it. They're still doubtful about him actually existing though. 

November 20, 2009 11:33:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Holy crap, I can't believe they actually removed the new favor items. First time I've ever seen a developer actually reverse a desision based on feedback.

You guys are awesome.

November 20, 2009 12:50:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting BrownieTheOne,
Just a wuick question about the Tournaments in Single Player:

1) Will we still be able to play as every (New and previously loved) Demigod in them?

2) Erebus and Rook. Are they still there or am I missing a huge part of this update?

All in all though, I can't wait to play as the one I've been looking forward to for soo long: The Demon Assasin.

Ever since I saw the skillset you guys had planned, and the concept art, I've been waiting and speaking with friends about it. They're still doubtful about him actually existing though. 

Erebus and Rook are still there. Use your mouse wheel to scroll down. They are both available. Just the developers forgot to add a scrollbar in this screen.

Same thing applies for the achievement screen.

You can scroll down with the mouse wheel.

November 20, 2009 6:12:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hoory for the patch...

However you are vile for making the 2 new generals greyed out. Taunting me....

November 20, 2009 7:41:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hello,

While alot of the additions have been good to see, one thing I am looking forward to is maybe getting some more maps at some point.  Maybe about  more, so if there are new ones, they dont get beat to death.  Just an idea though.  

November 21, 2009 9:08:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It feels to me like Unclean Beast has been nerfed somewhat in 1.2. Not sure, just a feeling. Anyone else? It might be that foul grasp is broken slightly.

November 21, 2009 4:12:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome! I really want to new demigods to bad they are not open to players yet.

How will it be with new maps?

November 21, 2009 8:23:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hotifx fire TB's aa chasing issue!  Sorian fixed it now give it to us!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000719   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.