The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Patch 1.2: Horn of Battle time for effect increased from 10 seconds to 25 seconds.

By on November 16, 2009 5:17:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dear Frogboy please have GPG remove this change! I have said it before and I think most of the experienced players will agree that Horn of Battle is already very useful as it is if properly used. Minion Erebus with HoB is extremely powerful and 10 seconds of near immortality for Nightwalkers is more than enough! You can easily take down a tower.

I assume the cooldown of 45 seconds for HoB hasn't been changed. This means that Erebus' minions are basically unkillable for most Demigods. 25 seconds will not only be enough time to attack a demigod defending a tower but to chase him away and destroy the tower. Only Rook, Regulus and Torchbearer have a chance to kill Erebus minions under the influence of HoB.

I'm afraid this change will make Erebus an unstoppable force and he can just take down one tower after another because his minions are untouchable for more than half of the time!

Please test this change against an experienced minion Erebus player and you will see what I mean. Thanks.

+46 Karma | 82 Replies
November 16, 2009 5:19:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

PS: I like the other balancing changes exept for the new favor items and I'm looking forward to modding support. However, the HoB change might cause a serious imbalance IMO.

November 16, 2009 5:22:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree. I don't see at all what would justify an increase of 250% for the time of effect of the Horn of Battle.

November 16, 2009 5:23:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am not completely sure but I think it means that Horn of Battle will now heal the same total amount it did before over a longer time period... I mean the way you put it would be total madness so I can't imagine they did it

November 16, 2009 5:25:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think TBO might be right.

November 16, 2009 5:28:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TheBigOne,
I am not completely sure but I think it means that Horn of Battle will now heal the same total amount it did before over a longer time period...

Ah, that would be fine, I think.

November 16, 2009 5:35:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ooooooooooh, that's what this change meant. So minions will get 80 HPS for 25 seconds...?

November 16, 2009 5:41:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's better but it would still mean the minions are regenerating 80 HP/s. I honestly don't think that's fine. Think about it, which skills actually allow you to overcome that kind of regen on a pure minion build? Ooze certainly wont be enough, same with Mist. Keep in mind, this will basically be active every time you go near the minions and will last for 25 seconds - way more time than you can afford to spend taking the damage the Nightwalkers can deal!

November 16, 2009 6:50:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did Frogs forget to say that they were removing towers from all maps?...or does minions erebus get an easy 300 gold every 45 seconds now?

November 16, 2009 7:02:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't like this either, why buff an item thats is already very good?

also I think the new favor items might be OP too :/

the rest of the changes are very good though, but why screw them up by adding new OP stuff and imbalances

November 16, 2009 7:13:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TheBigOne,
I am not completely sure but I think it means that Horn of Battle will now heal the same total amount it did before over a longer time period... I mean the way you put it would be total madness so I can't imagine they did it

Almost positive this is correct. Horn says X health over Y seconds.  They want to increase Y, which means less Hit poitns per second.

November 16, 2009 7:22:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zechnophobe,
Almost positive this is correct. Horn says X health over Y seconds.  They want to increase Y, which means less Hit poitns per second.
No, the Horn of Battle description says:
Minions gain +200 Health Per Second for 10 seconds.
(unless this was changed in a patch in the past) as opposed to "Minions gain 2000 health over 10 seconds."

Anyway I think so too (and I hope so) that it is actually "Minions gain 2000 helaht over 25 seconds." now (or "Minions gain +80 Health Per Second for 25 seconds." respectively).

November 16, 2009 9:53:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Since the alternative is so far off into crazy land, I assumed the moment I read the new notes that TBO's take was what it meant.

November 16, 2009 10:03:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Still minion LE is pretty OP, not sure he needs any buff.

November 16, 2009 10:07:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,
Still minion LE is pretty OP, not sure he needs any buff.

But this would qualify as a nerf.

November 16, 2009 10:41:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really like HoB the way it currently is.  What was the reason behind this change?

November 16, 2009 10:44:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Makeshift-D,
I really like HoB the way it currently is.  What was the reason behind this change?
Probably because currently it makes your minions effectively invulnerable for 10 seconds.

November 16, 2009 11:25:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, now they are 25 seconds out of 45 almost invulnerable. And 25 seconds are enough to take out 2 towers close to each other. Even if the regen is cut to 80HP/s it's enough to NOM through any defense. Well, at least Erebus' minions can be stopped by mines but just think how much this will change the rules for Oak on some maps. Ghost with 25 seconds of invulnerability to towers? Good luck defending your citadel on Levithan or Crucible...

November 16, 2009 11:38:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think double towers will grind them up actually, not to mention if you have a DG there to help defend. Honestly it's not like undefended towers were ever much of a deterrent for minions after level 7.

November 17, 2009 12:00:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Only with 25 seconds of regen you can take down a tower much earlier and with fewer minions, you don't have to wait till level 7 anymore. Not to mention that the downtime is now shorter than the effect of HoB. So you are basically constantly fighting minions with a 80HP/s regen. And you can probably save one or two skill points in Conversion Aura early on and get bite or something.

But why was HoB changed at all, it was fine, maybe slightly too strong but there was no need to make changes of this extend to the item.

November 17, 2009 12:04:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ffs

November 17, 2009 12:19:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have to agree it's not a good change, not really sure what the thought process behind it is. If you lose your towers before you get rank 3 or 4 of your primary AoE you're doomed, if you keep them up it's a significant nerf. I really wish they'd change this to a % of the units' maximum health rather than a static amount.

November 17, 2009 1:03:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Colonel_Jessep,
Only with 25 seconds of regen you can take down a tower much earlier and with fewer minions, you don't have to wait till level 7 anymore. Not to mention that the downtime is now shorter than the effect of HoB. So you are basically constantly fighting minions with a 80HP/s regen. And you can probably save one or two skill points in Conversion Aura early on and get bite or something.

But why was HoB changed at all, it was fine, maybe slightly too strong but there was no need to make changes of this extend to the item.

Who waits to level 7 I start hitting towers at level 2 with horn when I got 6 nightwalkers and 2 priests

November 17, 2009 7:31:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting abuggeredhedgie,
ffs
Please elaborate...

Quoting obscenitor,
I have to agree it's not a good change, not really sure what the thought process behind it is.
I think the idea might have been to rebalance HoB in light of the Parasite Egg. Problem is: Erebus doesn't need to stick around to activate HoB, he can do that savely from behind his own towers which makes Parasie Egg an expensive and rather useless counter unfortunately.

Quoting HorseRadish,
Who waits to level 7 I start hitting towers at level 2 with horn when I got 6 nightwalkers and 2 priests
And I can't think of any good way to stop a minion Erebus who can regenerate his minions for more than half of the time. What do you think Radish, does it make HoB stronger or weaker? I think it will make HoB a lot more dangerous than it already is.

November 17, 2009 7:46:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Colonel_Jessep,

Quoting HorseRadish,
reply 22
Who waits to level 7 I start hitting towers at level 2 with horn when I got 6 nightwalkers and 2 priestsAnd I can't think of any good way to stop a minion Erebus who can regenerate his minions for more than half of the time. What do you think Radish, does it make HoB stronger or weaker? I think it will make HoB a lot more dangerous than it already is.

Well it will make Generals play like generals and be aweful difficult to stop.  You better not leave a tower unguarded. HoB will be the go to item for both Oak and Erebus

November 17, 2009 9:10:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Horn of Battle: Increased health regen from 10 to 25

I think this is about passive hps regen of Demigod holding Horn of Battle. (Note: Its removed from updated changelog but still in partial one)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000796   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.