The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Is it me or is game still broken. . .

By on November 13, 2009 2:26:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Seems so many things need to be fixed. I might not come back till 1.3 it seems. Oak still has look I chase till 200 hp. Sheild. TP. You can't stop this. . .

Tower spam still effective at holding lanes. . .

UB still needs a slight bit of a nerf. . .

3 classes worthless in a good game. Reg, TB, QoT. . .

Not to mention HP stack is still the best build for most characters. Unless your Reg. Then HP stack just kills your lane control. . .

Till I see an improvement I feel GPG is a fail. . .

YES I FLAME A GAME THAT I PAID FOR TO FIND OUT IT WAS IN THE SHITTER BEFORE THEY EVEN LAUNCHED THIS GAME.

0 Karma | 27 Replies
November 13, 2009 3:00:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're right about some things, but ultimately your strategy on that last game was to literally just snipe me every single cooldown. You skipped mines and mark of the betrayer, you had no snares and even when reg is losing, Shrapnel Mines helps him get his head back above water from 10-12'ish.

That's not to say you didn't snipe a lot... You sniped me at least 15 times before I got the first kill. You sniped at least 26 times total before deciding to afk at the crystal... I understand where you're coming from, I agree that priests are too strong, that HP totals in general are too high, etc. but when it comes down to it I sat behind a tower for almost half the game because of your snipe pressure alone.

You and I drew very different conclusions from that game. It turns out both of us were very frustrated and until the end of the game when you really got upset I had no idea you were so annoyed. The kills I got on you (there were only two in spite of it being a 20 minute game) were revenge to me, a hard-earned reprieve from your plinking away at me all game. In fact, I couldn't even safely leave my tower until I was able to buy both bishops and a fair amount of additional HP.

Also TB isn't worthless. Fire TB might be quite competitive next patch, and hybrids as well as deep frost builds are already quite effective in team games.

But again, the balance on this game certainly isn't perfect, but you seriously played that character with only two tricks: Snipe and autoattack. It's just not a good build.

November 13, 2009 3:12:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We ought to be able to fix some of this with modding. I'm willing to give DG another try with 1.2.

November 13, 2009 3:15:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That isn't even my build lol. I normally go with heavens wrath. Tower lane control Tower push. I play him support cause his damage doesn't scale for shit. . . They should make things do % of damage for him. Maybe have his snipe do 5/10/15/20/25% max hp so it scales. Or something of that nature. And so many tricks in this game that broken. Just like the sedna build where you can have 125hp/sec without even getting an artifact or priests. So many fails in this game. Once GPG saw problems they bailed. Everyone I talk to dislikes this games machinics. It might look nice but not alot to offer. I was in hopes it would turn around. Guess not. This might be one of the biggest blunders of 09.

November 13, 2009 3:24:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

xenogen is the name of a geek in the current australian beauty and the geek

November 13, 2009 3:45:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

that is awesome!. Not me though

November 13, 2009 3:56:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tower Rook should be an effective build.

Acclimation is the only thing that needs nerfed related to UB.

QoT is the only useless choice.

But HP stack is the best way to go right now. And with these new favor items it looks like that will only be more emphasized in 1.2.

November 13, 2009 6:32:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Xenogenic,
It's you But anyway, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a Tower Rook beeing effective at holding a lane.

November 13, 2009 6:55:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It is most definitely you the game isn't broken just bent a little. The fact you call reg/tb/qot useless I expect you tried these demigods and failed epically at them doesn't make them useless. Not every demigod is as easily played as Ere and UB that doesn't make them useless, just means you need to improve with them. A good queen in any game can out survive any outcome and protect her allies, a good tb can easily control a game and a good reg is just plain annoying as hell.

Yes tower spam is effective and annoying whether used properly or not, I find those who don’t use it properly easier to beat.

If what obscenitor said was true and you just tried to snipe him to death than you really need to learn how to use reg.

November 13, 2009 7:09:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

im just happy about every enemy rook that doesnt use towers.

November 13, 2009 7:51:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

After reading the partial 1.2 changelog I now expect the balance of the Demigods get even worse. Those Demigods who were already strong will be even stronger with the new favor items, the weak ones even weaker. Quite dissapointing, as I was intending to return to playing Demigod with the after the patch.

Personally my only hope now is a balance mod made by the community.

Moreover, the guys who exploit desyncs and boast about it here on the forums are still playing.

November 13, 2009 8:30:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CosMoe,
After reading the partial 1.2 changelog I now expect the balance of the Demigods get even worse.

I may honestly stop playing after that patch is released. They literally bitched slapped QoT with the change to her most useless skill, and the over powered items.

November 13, 2009 10:50:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They should make things do % of damage for him. Maybe have his snipe do 5/10/15/20/25% max hp so it scales.
That'd be fun against citadels.

November 13, 2009 1:15:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Myles,

Ooze?

November 13, 2009 1:30:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Makeshift-D,

Quoting Myles, reply 6

Ooze?

you are kidding?

November 13, 2009 1:32:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tower spam still effective at holding lanes. . .

I Disagree, One TB dropping two circle of fire drops most towers.

3 classes worthless in a good game. Reg, TB, QoT. . .

Well Keep QoT, TB and Reg are very playable Gods. Regulas plus mines is very annoying against General Gods add  TB with Circle of Fire and Fire Nova and your minon are all gone.  Regulas also has that super annoying snipe which I hate, and he can take down towers early in the game which pays later on.

UB still needs a slight bit of a nerf. . .

This Depend on your point of view... I have complete owned UB players and Been owned by UB players in the end I feel UB is one of the power Gods in the Game, but Erebus is the hand of a master is just sick to watch. Bite, Batswarm, Charm, and Bite again all while his minons are pounding on end in your death and if you live through that and try to run... Batswarm again

I did this today to some poor Rook and a UB in the Pantheon... EMO RAGE QUIT 4tw

November 13, 2009 1:41:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's suicide against a good rook though. He should just sit on his boulder until you move into tower range to cast.

November 13, 2009 1:43:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The game works great. Try some different tactics.

November 13, 2009 5:17:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CelMare,

Quoting Makeshift-D, reply 13
Quoting Myles, reply 6

Ooze?
you are kidding?

Nope.  A remotely decent Ooze UB beats anything late game.  It's not the damage that bothers me, it's the nasty -40% attack speed.  Try a non tower Rook build, a spirit Oak build, or essentially any build that doesn't rely on spells vs UB, and you'll see what I mean.  It makes their damage output look pathetic.

November 13, 2009 5:27:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Makeshift, a Sedna can beat UB. I think she does a good job of countering him.

November 13, 2009 5:52:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really feel UB crushes Sedna. You've just gotta move on top of her monks at thestart of the fight.

November 13, 2009 5:56:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's suicide against a good rook though. He should just sit on his boulder until you move into tower range to cast.

Well there is that of course, but I failed to mention that you would need help to pull this off...

I have done this against low and some mid level players but needed help against the high level guys.

oh btw props on the last game we played, I learned loads on the replay..

I obscenitor

November 13, 2009 6:21:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Those are mostly balance issues that is rather subjective. The bugs and glitches have so far been ironed out so I wouldn't call the game "broken."

November 13, 2009 7:44:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting obscenitor,
I really feel UB crushes Sedna. You've just gotta move on top of her monks at thestart of the fight.

I can micro my monks. If UB follows, there is a risk of gank. Plus, I can resummon them.

November 13, 2009 7:56:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can micro my monks. If UB follows, there is a risk of gank. Plus, I can resummon them.
You still don't do DPS remotely comparable to UB.

November 13, 2009 8:17:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You still don't do DPS remotely comparable to UB.

That is correct. What usually happens is that we stand deadlocked for about 15 seconds until he runs away from me. I never really use Pounce in these situations (although I always level it first), because Heal is more mana efficient. In my experience, my health regen is better than his damage, and my damage is better than his health regen.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.