The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

No Demigod update this week

By on November 13, 2009 12:46:20 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

image We’ve got the build staged and we’ve been playing it like madmen. But we’re not quite ready to send this out into the wild, especially on a Thursday with the weekend coming up.

Did have a good game tonight. I was Erebus and my partner was the Demon Assassin and the other side was an Oak with another demon assassin. It played well enough and some of the new item changes were very welcome.

Lots of moving parts in this update so we want to just do more run-throughs.

That said, I will still be on this weekend playing Frogboy 3 on 3 games if you guys have questions, feel free to join me there or ask in the comments area.

Here’s some video footage of the game (I die at the end of the video):

Locked Post 101 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 15, 2009 1:37:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i didnt ask can you quote me frogboy for 5 times. i asked does anyone know when patch 1.2 will be released. understand that i already read frogboy quote before.

80 games is nothing, some people would still call you a noob and you would be kicked from pro games.

So again if u dont work for stardock or gpg or have any knowledge about how much work for patch 1.2 is completed i dont need your opinion/quote or anything that dosnt contain reliable facts in it.

i just hope they spending time deleting that stupid item:

Spirit of the Fallen: Assassin only

5000 Favor Points

1000 Health

8 Health Per Second

Imagine someone who buys this game, how long would it take him to get any favor points (not to mention 5000) to cope with beast who will have almost 3000hp at the start +15% hp flag on cataract= 3450 when you can only get charm of life +400 hp

November 15, 2009 2:02:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting irek1988,
i didnt ask can you quote me frogboy for 5 times. i asked does anyone know when patch 1.2 will be released. understand that i already read frogboy quote before.

You asked a question, I gave the answer. In this case, the answer was a quote from Frogboy, who directly answered the question.

80 games is nothing, some people would still call you a noob and you would be kicked from pro games.

Then those people would be idiots, although I don't see what that has to do with the release date of v1.2 or problems DG has.

So again if u dont work for stardock or gpg or have any knowledge about how much work for patch 1.2 is completed i dont need your opinion/quote or anything that dosnt contain reliable facts in it.

How in the hell is a quote from Frogboy that directly answers your question not a reliable fact? It was said the release date would be given when v1.2 was done. It's obviously not done yet, as they otherwise would have released it this week or at least given a release date already and updated the change log post to make the list of changes complete. None of those things have happened, which means v1.2 isn't done yet, which means that we're not getting a release date. This isn't opinion, it's common sense based on Frogboy's above quote.

i just hope they spending time deleting that stupid item

This, at the very least, we can agree upon.

November 15, 2009 2:03:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting irek1988,
...so just stfu and let someone with little more knowledge answer.

They won't answers someone who posts insulting people for detailing the facts; it's close, and we should expect to see it within ten working days. This is the only answer you're going to get.

November 15, 2009 2:26:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ZehDon

i had feeling u wont miss this one. 'we should see in within ten working days'? on what knowledge u base that date? Do you something we dont?

Jager Jack

Let me rephrase my question:

What percentenge of 1.2 patch pack is completed? would be ready to be released this month?

November 15, 2009 2:47:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting irek1988,

Jager Jack

Let me rephrase my question:

What percentenge of 1.2 patch pack is completed? would be ready to be released this month?

In this case, I have no definite answer. I would say this month, based on FB making a list of changes in v1.2, showing off a few of the changes, and the fact that they were considering releasing it the past Wednesday. That, however, is mostly opinion based and wishful thinking. But as I explained before, I doubt your questions or anyone elses will be provided with a specific answer when it comes to the release status of v1.2.

November 15, 2009 4:21:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well thing is, all this stuff was meant to be out at PAX, which was a fair while ago now. How could they get their dates so wrong?

ever since then, the only answer weve had in regards to the patch and the new demis and their time of release is "SOON".
I mean, why give urself a deadline when you can just say "soon". its just so convenient.

"itll be done when its done" - classic quote, easiest way to get out of having a deadline set. imo there should still be a date to for release. That way it pushing ppl into gear to get things donw within a certain timeframe. i understand that there are bumps in the road in development but release dates should cater for this time also.

November 15, 2009 5:00:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting irek1988,
On what knowledge u base that date? Do you something we dont?

I only know what I read on the forums; a combination of common sense and a general understanding of the basic operations of QA. The patch was ready; said and done and ready to go when at the 11th hour a glitch was found that seemed to cause the units to move slower. Assuming the entire QA effort is then directed to this glitch in order to get the patch out ASAP, this should be completed very soon - as in within days. However, I doubt the entire effort will be re-directed, and so this should take a two weeks to correct. Say, two days to nut it out, seven days to correct it, two days to test it - being as they will be looking at a single issue as opposed to the entire host of changes and their side effects - and one day grace period. I'd be surprised if it took much longer.

There is no magic answer; you seem to be looking for new ways to continually say that no one knows when it's coming out, as if this is some closely guarded secret that we're all denying. Let me make it nice and clear for you; no one knows when it will be done. It will take as long as it needs to take, and it won't be released in a rushed state. My guestimate of ten working days is still a guess and an estimate. Then again, this is what has been said all along; what more were you hoping for?

November 15, 2009 5:17:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Everything. You can read about what Stardock still wanted to see fixed before the final release in -Sorian-'s blog.

November 15, 2009 5:35:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no one knows when it will be done. It will take as long as it needs to take, and it won't be released in a rushed state.

hmmm.... so thats why demigod was released early? (with bugs, connectivity issues etc).

if im not wrong, demigods release date was changed twice and still the game seemed to be unfinished.

guess this moto dont work too well...

November 15, 2009 7:19:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Every game would be perfect, if the developers have an infinite amount of time to make it and test it.

November 15, 2009 8:18:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,

guess this moto dont work too well...Every game would be perfect, if the developers have an infinite amount of time to make it and test it.

so why is it taking so long to dish out the new demis in that case?

umm ... why are u trying to defend something that was clearly released at an unsatifactory level? the proof of satisfaction is here in the forums. By unsatisfactory, im talking about the amount of bugs, connectivity, lack of content etc. (Quality of gameplay is very satisfactory though.)
They are still developing the game, are they not, with things that shouldve been in from the very start. I just think it was pushed onto the shelves a lil too early (even though it was delayed several times).

im not saying every game out there is perfect but they tend to be more stable with a minimal amount of issues.

but anyway, im just hoping that when the new demis are officially released to the public, they have VERY minimal amount of issues.

November 15, 2009 8:54:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

umm ... why are u trying to defend something that was clearly released at an unsatifactory level?
? I was just pointing out that with even more time on the developers hands, less issues would be in the final game, naturally. You are saying yourself, that the game was 'clearly' released at an unsatisfactory level.

November 15, 2009 10:13:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree that the launch product wasn't tested thoroughly enough, and a lot of the game's issues could have beena avoided entirely if an open beta, or extremely large, international closed beta, had of been conducted. However, hindsight is 20/20. We can argue the bleedingly obvious - that Demigod wasn't released in tip-top condition, and that the game currently has a few issues that are frustrating the percentage of the player base that they affect - however this simply uses up forum bandwidth and doesn't serve any purpose because no one is saying anything new; we're just seeing repeated posts over, and over, and over.

Demigod will never set the world on fire, it will never take over the world and become an online sensation - it's far too niche for that, as the less cerebral HoN has shown. Every issue could be corrected this very second, and people would still bitch and complain, and Demigod still wouldn't become the highest selling game of all time. But, we've seen things improve drastically from launch and we'll see things improve over time further still. No one - including me - is saying Demigod is perfect, however stating the game has issues, making the same 'points' over and over and continually reminding everyone of what we already know is annoying, plain and simple. I'm fairly sure all of this is well understood by the people who need to know for things to happen. If it's not, and judging from Frogboy's posts it most certainly is, then Demigod would have larger issues than simply glitches and bugs.

November 15, 2009 5:06:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Whats larger issuse for game then bugs? what it will keep uninstaling iteslf, stole my credit card? u make no sene man

'
I only know what I read on the forums; a combination of common sense and a general understanding of the basic operations of QA. The patch was ready; said and done and ready to go when at the 11th hour a glitch was found that seemed to cause the units to move slower. Assuming the entire QA effort is then directed to this glitch in order to get the patch out ASAP, this should be completed very soon - as in within days. However, I doubt the entire effort will be re-directed, and so this should take a two weeks to correct. Say, two days to nut it out, seven days to correct it, two days to test it - being as they will be looking at a single issue as opposed to the entire host of changes and their side effects - and one day grace period. I'd be surprised if it took much longer.

There is no magic answer; you seem to be looking for new ways to continually say that no one knows when it's coming out, as if this is some closely guarded secret that we're all denying. Let me make it nice and clear for you; no one knows when it will be done. It will take as long as it needs to take, and it won't be released in a rushed state. My guestimate of ten working days is still a guess and an estimate. Then again, this is what has been said all along; what more were you hoping for?

'

as i stated fev posts back i dont need your assumption, that question was pointed is someone knowledgeable (working in gpg or stardock) who can see progress of the work and can inform us how things going. I dont see any reason u felt its asked to you... i other words u dont need to anserw it. plain and simple

November 15, 2009 5:11:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,
I agree that the launch product wasn't tested thoroughly enough, and a lot of the game's issues could have beena avoided entirely if an open beta, or extremely large, international closed beta, had of been conducted. However, hindsight is 20/20. We can argue the bleedingly obvious - that Demigod wasn't released in tip-top condition, and that the game currently has a few issues that are frustrating the percentage of the player base that they affect - however this simply uses up forum bandwidth and doesn't serve any purpose because no one is saying anything new; we're just seeing repeated posts over, and over, and over.

Demigod will never set the world on fire, it will never take over the world and become an online sensation - it's far too niche for that, as the less cerebral HoN has shown. Every issue could be corrected this very second, and people would still bitch and complain, and Demigod still wouldn't become the highest selling game of all time. But, we've seen things improve drastically from launch and we'll see things improve over time further still. No one - including me - is saying Demigod is perfect, however stating the game has issues, making the same 'points' over and over and continually reminding everyone of what we already know is annoying, plain and simple. I'm fairly sure all of this is well understood by the people who need to know for things to happen. If it's not, and judging from Frogboy's posts it most certainly is, then Demigod would have larger issues than simply glitches and bugs.

Iv put in bold everything important out of this.

November 15, 2009 5:24:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like cake

Can we stop arguing now?

November 15, 2009 5:53:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmmm.... so thats why demigod was released early? (with bugs, connectivity issues etc).

if im not wrong, demigods release date was changed twice and still the game seemed to be unfinished.

The only real problem Demigod had on release was that its servers couldn't handle the amount of MP traffic.  

The game wasn't "rushed" to release. It had a public, open beta program where the consensus was that the game was ready.

No game is perfect. People tend to have an exagerated sense of what constitutes a "buggy" game.

November 15, 2009 5:53:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

dont look at me

November 15, 2009 5:57:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting irek1988,
dont look at me
*stares*

November 15, 2009 6:23:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

frogboy nice to see you here. care to give us estimate when 1.2 goes live? just rough one... Since u want new favors will u reset stats?

November 15, 2009 6:43:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

frogboy nice to see you here. care to give us estimate when 1.2 goes live? just rough one... Since u want new favors will u reset stats?

My estimate is this Wednesday.

We could have gone out last Wednesday but given the amount of effort that's gone into this, we didn't want to go out as long as there were any question marks. The weird slow down I mentioned only happened on one machine (not even a QA machine) and cleared up after updating its video drivers.

But looking at the posts, sometimes you'd think Demigod was released as some sort of bug fest.  That's like saying World of Warcraft or any other game that has ever been released without sufficient server side support was somehow a bug fest.  

The only way Demigod's launch would have gone smooth really (with hindsight) would have been to have a very very large open beta with a MP stress test.  

It was certainly a problem for people for the first few weeks but anyone describing Demigod as "buggy" in the bigger scheme of things needs to get out more.  I can list hundreds of little imperfections in any game I play but that's the way it is on anything that's remotely complex.

If you go back and read forum posts labeled "this game isn't done!" most of them have to do with people who just lost online complaining about how some other demigod is over powered.

Then you get the people who complain about the net code. And nearly every time we debug it, it turns out that someone in the game had bittorrent or something going in the background.  

The reality is, and I say this as a game developer of going on two decades, there are just a lot of whiney people online who just like to bitch.

Even when I say "and to be clear, I'm not promising" you'll still get people saying "he promised!" (like us saying we were going to release v1.2 last week - we NEVER said that. On the contrary, I explicitly said that we hoped to but we weren't promising since it still had to go through consumer QA).

The reality is that Demigod is a fantastic game. It does what it is supposed to do. I play it almost every day and it's still incredibly fun even after all this time.  That doesn't mean it'sperfect or it's all things to all people. But it is a really good game.

November 15, 2009 7:08:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for anserw i look forward to wednesday. Other question if u want new favor items and changed prices of other items will you do stats reset? it would seem reasonable if u will fix Pantheon AI games exploit.Thats another question: will AI pantheon exploit be fixed?

November 15, 2009 7:25:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hey any news is better then no news at all. so keep us updated. thanks

November 15, 2009 7:47:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the estimate!  I check here a few times a day incase it's been released heh.  Guess I'll ease off until wednesday then.

Looking forward to it!

On another note, I don't know why people keep feeding the trolls over and over.  It's usually the same people defending the game and whilst the intent is honorable don't get me wrong, it just keeps the negative issues rolling again, and again, and again...  

November 15, 2009 8:05:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

My estimate is this Wednesday.

We could have gone out last Wednesday but given the amount of effort that's gone into this, we didn't want to go out as long as there were any question marks. The weird slow down I mentioned only happened on one machine (not even a QA machine) and cleared up after updating its video drivers.

But looking at the posts, sometimes you'd think Demigod was released as some sort of bug fest.  That's like saying World of Warcraft or any other game that has ever been released without sufficient server side support was somehow a bug fest.  

The only way Demigod's launch would have gone smooth really (with hindsight) would have been to have a very very large open beta with a MP stress test.  

It was certainly a problem for people for the first few weeks but anyone describing Demigod as "buggy" in the bigger scheme of things needs to get out more.  I can list hundreds of little imperfections in any game I play but that's the way it is on anything that's remotely complex.

If you go back and read forum posts labeled "this game isn't done!" most of them have to do with people who just lost online complaining about how some other demigod is over powered.

Then you get the people who complain about the net code. And nearly every time we debug it, it turns out that someone in the game had bittorrent or something going in the background.  

The reality is, and I say this as a game developer of going on two decades, there are just a lot of whiney people online who just like to bitch.

Even when I say "and to be clear, I'm not promising" you'll still get people saying "he promised!" (like us saying we were going to release v1.2 last week - we NEVER said that. On the contrary, I explicitly said that we hoped to but we weren't promising since it still had to go through consumer QA).

The reality is that Demigod is a fantastic game. It does what it is supposed to do. I play it almost every day and it's still incredibly fun even after all this time.  That doesn't mean it'sperfect or it's all things to all people. But it is a really good game.

i completely agree with this. ppl do tend to take things way out proportion and context, and then exaggerate on top of that.
players are complainers, until they know what 'game making' involves.

The only thing that i was trying to point out was that it seems like everything thats about to be released to us gets delayed, and for some unknown reason. All ive been asking for this whole time is for more communication from you (telling us whats going on). Not saying you havent alrdy but there are times when we have been left in the dark, trying to seek out answers.

i hope you know where im coming from now.

and btw, demigod IS a fantastic game to play. i wouldve even loved to have been apart of its development process (getting into the games industry is my ambition).
- the pace of the game is nice
- not such a huge learning curve
- graphics are AWESOME (big fan of this department)
- and all-round great concept

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.