The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: v1.20 Partial Change Log

By on November 11, 2009 10:31:55 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Demigod v1.2 has passed what we call our tech QA and is now in consumer QA (i.e. compatibility and such).

Here’s a partial list of what’s in this build:

Notable Bug Fixes:

· Fixes a serious desync that could potentially resolve a number of problem cases in MP.

Citadel Upgrades

• Graveyard Citadel Upgrade: Increased bonus from 10/20/40% to 15/30/50%

Favor Item Changes:

• Samm-El’s Cloak: Buffed cap from 25% to 15%
  • Dark Crimson Vial: Reduced cast time from 2 to 1 seconds
  • Staff of the Warmage: Increased mana from 700 to 800
  • Magical Coin Pouch: Buffed cost reduction from 10% to 15%
  • Horn of Battle: Increased health regen from 10 to 25

New favor items:

Spirit of the Fallen: Assassin only

5000 Favor Points

1000 Health

8 Health Per Second

Haste Anklet: Assassin only

5000 Favor Points

17% Increased Movement Speed

Pendant of Prescience: Generals only

5000 Favor Points

15% Dodge

20% Minion Dodge

Tome of Champions: Generals Only

5000 Favor Points

800 Health

5 Health Per Second

150 Minion Health

Items:

• Hex Scroll: Reduced cost from 500 to 250
  • Capture Lock: Increased cast time from 1 to 2 seconds
  • Combat Health and Mana Potions unchanged – we were afraid to tweak this one
  • Duelist Cuirass: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2500
  • Theurgist’s Cap: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2000
  • Hungarling’s Crown: Reduced cost from 6500 to 5500
  • Ironwalkers: Reduced cost from 3750 to 2750
  • Desperate Treads: Reduced cost from 5000 to 4000
  • Gauntlet’s of Despair: Increased mana drain from 200 to 300
  • Doomspite Grips: Increased weapon damage from 30 to 40
  • Forest Band: Increased minion armor from 200 to 300
  • Warlord’s Punisher: Unchanged
  • Ring of the Ancients: Reduced cost from 3500 to 2500
  • Parasite Egg: Reduced cost from 4000 to 3000

Game Mechanics:

• Dodge Cap increased from 30% to 40%

Queen of Thorns:

• Summon Shambler: Summon Shambler now increases health and damage of Shamblers as you gain new ranks. The values are 5/10/15 damage and 125/250/375 health.
  • Entourage: Shamber buff decreased to compensate for Summon Shambler’s boost. Damage reduced from 10/20/30 to 6/12/18 damage and 250/500/750 health to 165/330/495.
UPDATE:

·         Fixed TB’s ability to attack while moving in Fire Mode.

I’ll have a more complete list shortly.

Commenting is enabled to allow people to complain about the balancing since you can blame me for it. I read through the comments and various threads and compiled a list of requested changes along with my own experiences from playing.  So you can see a lot of things have been made less expensive. The new favor items are largely just “upgrades” (requiring a lot more favor points) to the existing ones. I tried to request items that could be realistically added.  So in other words, don’t flame GPG. Flame Brad (me).

The modding is going to become a big deal I believe as I am hoping we will be able to have our own mods that players will be able to distribute here on the game site or that we’ll eventually bundle with the game if they’re popular enough.

+897 Karma | 280 Replies
November 14, 2009 4:49:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well, you may believe that. i don't know if it is true but it is no excuse for me and as i said, it even does not matter at all as the be it asassins only or not is still a stupid thing.

November 14, 2009 4:50:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can we just go ahead and get refunds on this game?

THIS is the list of updates in the patch?  This is complete garbage.

Still no additional characters in site.  GPG is garbage and has ruined my taste for Stardock.

November 14, 2009 4:52:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Geofferic,
Can we just go ahead and get refunds on this game?

THIS is the list of updates in the patch?  This is complete garbage.

Still no additional characters in site.  GPG is garbage and has ruined my taste for Stardock.

Read: PARTIAL

November 14, 2009 5:41:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And again, I'm sure that is because they ran out of UI room on the generic favor tab.
We already have at least one item that works the same way. Staff of Renewal is only available for Assassins. If a general wants to have such an item too, he can use the weaker version, the Diamond Pendant. The new favor items would create a similar situation, if they are indeed limited to Assassins/Generals. SotF would only be available for Assassins. If a General wants to have an item like that too, he can use the weaker version, the BotF.

At least that would be my guess about the thought process behind the limitations and the new favor items in general.

November 14, 2009 6:10:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

....Read: PARTIAL

Yeah, after what, 6 months, we get a PARTIAL balancing patch and no confirmation on the state of our other two Demi Gods?  

How about a partial refund every 6 months we wait??

November 14, 2009 6:20:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Geofferic,
....Read: PARTIAL

Yeah, after what, 6 months, we get a PARTIAL balancing patch and no confirmation on the state of our other two Demi Gods?  

How about a partial refund every 6 months we wait??

Oh for God's sake, do people not know how to read anymore?

partial list

As in this is an incomplete list of what's going in v1.2, and does not list all of the changes. Jesus, this isn't rocket science.

November 14, 2009 6:33:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol

Well, I think that with the way they've completely dropped the ball and ruined their credibility, they'd be SCREAMING that they have finally completed the game! lol

Sheesh, n00bs.

November 14, 2009 6:40:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Geofferic,
Well, I think that with the way they've completely dropped the ball and ruined their credibility, they'd be SCREAMING that they have finally completed the game!

What would screaming do? We're on an internet forum, unless they posted a video I have no way of knowing what they say. I can't hear them.

Sheesh, n00bs.

You express a complete lack of reading comprehension and have only 10 online games, the earliest of which dates back to August, yet you actually call others noobs. Right.....

November 14, 2009 6:54:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Geofferic,
inane rambling

Yeah, you can go ahead and leave now. Thanks for visiting!

November 14, 2009 8:59:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can't believe how many people here are happily enduring the incompetence of GPG.

You are enablers.  It's amazingly sad.

November 14, 2009 9:11:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Geofferic,
Nag nag nag

Wow whine much.

November 14, 2009 9:11:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can't believe how many people here are happily enduring the incompetence of GPG.

Yeah, given that it's so easy to just abuse the anonymity of the Internet, come online to a public forum, and completely forget all manners of civility - a little like what you did, though there are worse examples.

These people are as annoyed by the issues as you are but are "enduring" them because they know it helps much more to discuss these issues calmly than to just let their impatience get the better of them.

If GPG could wave a magic wand and fix all these issues in a second, they would have used that magic wand to develop the game in the first place.

The issues were brought to light, they know the problems and are fixing it. We just have to give them time. Repeated complains about it will not make things any faster or better. Those that find it in themselves to be more patient are the ones that really do care enough about the game to be willing to wait for it to get better, beyond just being a paid customer.

November 14, 2009 9:22:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So what you're saying is that it is perfectly acceptable to pay for a beta version of the game, then wait (what, a year?  how long will it be?) forever for the thing to be completed.

Yes, you guys are REALLY helping the cause of those of us who want to enjoy the game.  Patting them on the hand, telling them it will be ok, praising them for any effort - even if it's mild, ineffective, and counter-productive.

I believe I have found the results of the 'no wrong answers' education system.

November 14, 2009 9:29:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Geofferic,

So, let me get this straight. You don't read the OP(or the freaking title) and assume that that's the entire change log, I correct you, you then call me a noob, and I point out how hypocritical it is for you to call others noobs when you have 10 online games that only go back as far as August. And somehow, that means that I am "enduring GPG's incompetence."

Yep, airtight logic.

I can list 3 things amazingly sad in this thread:

1. Your lack of reading comprehension.

2. Your continued attempts to save face for above-mentioned lack of reading comprehension.

3. The fact that it took you 2 hours to come up with such a mediocre response.

Yes, you guys are REALLY helping the cause of those of us who want to enjoy the game.  Patting them on the hand, telling them it will be ok, praising them for any effort - even if it's mild, ineffective, and counter-productive.

Because, you know, bitching about how "GPG SUX" gets so much accomplished, especially when you don't even bother to read about what they're doing.

This coming from someone who can't even read and comprehend a thread title.

November 14, 2009 9:32:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Geofferic,
So what you're saying is that it is perfectly acceptable to pay for a beta version of the game, then wait (what, a year?  how long will it be?) forever for the thing to be completed.

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" - Shigeru Miyamoto

November 15, 2009 2:06:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Geofferic,

I don't believe anyone paid for the retail release and received the Beta version by mistake, so if this has happened to you you'll need to contact either [email protected] or [email protected] and get them to into your issue. I paid for the game that was released and this is what I've received, so I can't offer any advice on how to correct your issue.

Best of luck!

November 15, 2009 2:10:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,

Quoting Geofferic, reply 263So what you're saying is that it is perfectly acceptable to pay for a beta version of the game, then wait (what, a year?  how long will it be?) forever for the thing to be completed.
I don't believe anyone paid for the retail release and received the Beta version by mistake, so if this has happened to you you'll need to contact either [email protected] or [email protected] and get them to into your issue. I paid for the game that was released and this is what I've received, so I can't offer any advice on how to correct your issue.

Best of luck!
I hear beta had a even stronger qot, I wanr bera.

November 15, 2009 6:00:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"A delayed game is eventually gooda bad game is bad forever" - Shigeru Miyamoto

QFT 

November 15, 2009 3:22:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

does anyone still play this game? I logged in yesterday after not playing for like 4 months, and no one is ever on. If this patch ever comes out, I'm down to give this game another shot...

To the people who are upset about "purchasing a beta", you didn't purchase a beta, you purchased a failed product backed by a dev team who lies to its community by large mediums.

November 15, 2009 3:41:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Demalii,
does anyone still play this game? I logged in yesterday after not playing for like 4 months, and no one is ever on. If this patch ever comes out, I'm down to give this game another shot...

To the people who are upset about "purchasing a beta", you didn't purchase a beta, you purchased a failed product backed by a dev team who lies to its community by large mediums.
It mostly depend on the time of day, many of us actually use R2P now so ya we schedual games.

November 15, 2009 4:38:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i use r2p but ive never been invited or got a game going with it.

November 15, 2009 4:43:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ive been invited to 2 one was random the other was with frogboy, sadly the second one never got started.

November 16, 2009 11:10:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just wanted to make a quick post for everyone who is not happy with the change's etc...

give the game time you cannot expect it to get better in a year or 2 example's of great game's over time would be classic's such as diablo 2 and starcraft they took time and patch after patch to get to a balanced and enjoyable state

this game is still pretty new and if you're not happy with the way things are being done then there's a simple answer Play different game's for awhile unti'll thing's do get fixed to an enjoyable level for you to be happy with there's plenty of time for demigod to rise to greatness and believe me it's well on it's way

November 16, 2009 11:28:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You seriously call that a buff on QoT? That is pathetic to say the least. Even with her shamblers I can still kill her easily with just about any Demigod. As for the favor items youre just repelling new players and promoting health stacking. And buffing the Horn of Battle just makes minion Erebus even better than he already is...at least my version of the minion Erebus.

Also as other people have said, items that already useless have been made even more useless. Overall, bad bad bad bad balance updates.

On the positive side good getting rid of some of the bugs and good news for TB.

November 16, 2009 11:31:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Heya, just my 2cents on the favour items, if anyone's interested in my opinion - I see "long time player awards" as a bad idea, DG was supposed to be "casual", and additional game experience is already big enough an advantage for veteran players, further items are not needed for that.

New favour items - sure, but not "veteran favour items" that trump the cheaper stuff.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000360   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.