The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Locked out

By on November 9, 2009 11:56:31 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm not sure how this happened, and I'm really trying to refrain from being paranoid, but for some reason, I am unable to respond to any thread started by vStyler -- in effect I'm being gagged....without notification.  I find that very interesting.

+704 Karma | 62 Replies
November 9, 2009 12:10:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Forums are acting a little weird this morning, Karen. I don't think anyone would ever be blocked without prior notification. PM'ing Jafo might be a better way to go...

November 9, 2009 12:27:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

PM

November 9, 2009 12:28:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It was all 404 errors for me, for a while, but it's back to normal now.

November 9, 2009 12:30:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I don't think anyone would ever be blocked without prior notification

Wrong.. it was done to me and sydneysiders and perhaps others by another member here or, on their behalf, without notification.

November 9, 2009 12:31:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well I checked and I can have the ability to reply to all other threads, just not ones started by vStyler.  I will PM Jafo and see what the issue is.

November 9, 2009 12:32:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It was all 404 errors for me, for a while, but it's back to normal now.

Bara was doing some updates, but it looks like one of the servers didn't wake back up after the nap. He's looking into it.

November 9, 2009 12:35:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting vStyler,

I don't think anyone would ever be blocked without prior notification

Wrong.. it was done to me and sydneysiders and perhaps others by another member here or, on their behalf, without notification.

even an official (i think it was frogboy) mentioned here that they don't see reason to notify people if they take such messures.

November 9, 2009 12:41:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

No one is being or can be "gagged" from certain threads only. It's simply not possible.

Either you can post on the forum, or not at all.

November 9, 2009 12:54:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It's possible to blacklist someone from JU or Impulsedriven, but that functionality is not enabled on WC.

November 9, 2009 12:56:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Obviously, I can post to the forum.  I can post here -- I can start threads.  However, every thread that was started by vStyler is missing the reply and quote buttons and the Quick Reply section.  I have tried logging out, clearing cookies, everything I can think of to refresh the forums.  It started last night.  I figured it was just a hiccup in the forum.  But then I find today the issue has persisted.  Since it persisted, I checked every thread started by vStyler and those buttons and options for replying are missing in every thread he has started.

November 9, 2009 12:59:37 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting Snowman,
No one is being or can be "gagged" from certain threads only. It's simply not possible.

Either you can post on the forum, or not at all.
Not true Mon Ami.

Using the blog functionality via Impusledriven.net or Joeuser.com anyone that has setup a "blog" has the ability to "blacklist" any other user. A once you blacklist someone they will be unable to respond to any threads you author whether created by forum or blog functionality.

If you're convinced that someone is being a troll or their only purpose in responding to you is to be a pain in the ass then this is a perfectly reasonable response.

November 9, 2009 1:02:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If you're convinced that someone is being a troll or their only purpose in responding to you is to be a pain in the ass then this is a perfectly reasonable response.

November 9, 2009 1:06:39 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I can post here
There is no place called "here". Given the cross-posting that exists across all of Stardock's 12 separate forum/blog sites what you call "here" is not where people are reading this from.

The forum Issues forum in particular is accessible from almost, if not all, of Stardock's 12 sites, all of which share a common database. Your "here" and my "here" is only the site where we currently happen to be reading/posting from which is more likely to be different than not.

November 9, 2009 1:08:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I am unable to respond to any thread started by vStyler

how ironic tho huh?

November 9, 2009 1:08:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well...I guess that settles that.  My suspicions have been confirmed.  I will let all other members decide for themselves whether I was or was not being a troll, and whether I was just getting a little too close to showing somebody's true character to the entire community and needed to be stifled.  

Everyone have a nice day.

November 9, 2009 1:14:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Simple, you were levelling accusations with no proof. If you have proof, you can state so, right here. It's your thread.

I'm sure you'll say, "i didnt mention any names" yeah, you ddin't, so if it wasn't aimed at me, then who was it?

A sincere apology would change things. Otherwise, yes to me, you were trolling. I tried to be your friend, I tried to help you.

I will let all other members decide for themselves whether I was or was not being a troll,

November 9, 2009 1:23:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I saw the proof, and the proof was forwarded to a moderator; since I was not directly involved in the issue, but simply a person who saw the proof, I decided to let the one involved in the issue and the moderator deal with it, and to a careful reader, it WAS brought out that you were the director of an orchestrated attack, with statements by the moderator that this occurred because HE had the proof.  

I'm really sick of the way you dominate this site, as if you were the owner, just because you have uber master skills.  You're arrogant, and egotistical.  You bully people, and you intimidate.  I can't tell you the amount of people who have privately contacted me and told me to watch out for you.  Do you enjoy being caustic?  Nevermind...don't answer that.  Your behavior tells me all I need to know.  

Thanks for blocking me.  It makes it easier for me to sweeten my life.  Good day, Sir.

November 9, 2009 1:25:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I would suggest taking it to PM if you really care enough to try and get un-blocked.  Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it much. 

Lets not have another thread turn into a "he said/she said" thing again. 

November 9, 2009 1:31:29 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Sigh...

November 9, 2009 1:34:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks ID.  I'm done with it.

November 9, 2009 1:35:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Fuzzy, it is just that the moon is full...........

November 9, 2009 1:39:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Fuzzy, it is just that the moon is full...........

Yeah, full of.........what? 

November 9, 2009 1:40:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yeah, full of.........what?

Green cheese the last I heard...

November 9, 2009 2:22:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Green cheese the last I heard...

Sometimes it's full of shit.

November 9, 2009 2:30:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Which "moon" are we referring to?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.