The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

What is the best RPG.....?

By on October 27, 2009 6:38:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What is the best RPG of all time you have ever played? That includes MMORPG, Action RPG, pure RPG.... etc.

PC games of course.

For me it is "The Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion".

+160 Karma | 108 Replies
November 11, 2009 4:27:28 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Neverwinter nights the system was cool.

Neverwinter nights the *campaign* was . . . way too depressing - <G>. Well Written, and fun to play through the first time, but good lord. The most uplifting part of the game is *after* you've become trapped in hell - <G>.

Though at least having your own demi-plane is fun "Greetings Sojourner . . ."!

November 11, 2009 4:35:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I fired up Neverwinter Nights the other day, and still love it.  Monk FTW!

November 16, 2009 8:40:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Dragon Age: Origins ... well, assuming it had a long story, and didn't end when **spoiler** **spoiler** and **spoiler** so frikken early.

November 16, 2009 8:43:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,
KOTOR

This or ff7 or oblivion or fable or...or...or *overloads*

November 16, 2009 9:46:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ultima IV - In what other game would you refrain from stealing from the blind merchant because you need to increase your honesty or deflect credit for your heroic deeds to establish humilty.  While the lack of modern graphics would keep anyone from returning to that adventure; if we are judging each game in it's time period, Ultima IV is unmatched.

November 17, 2009 3:42:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ultima IV - In what other game would you refrain from stealing from the blind merchant because you need to increase your honesty or deflect credit for your heroic deeds to establish humilty. While the lack of modern graphics would keep anyone from returning to that adventure; if we are judging each game in it's time period, Ultima IV is unmatched.

Couldn't agree more.  I still have a working Atari ST 1040 with copies of Ultima 2-6(4 being the best, but they're all great).

November 17, 2009 4:41:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Question: KOTOR. Those I know who have played it say although it is epic say it was terrible because it wasnt finished. Is this true?

November 17, 2009 4:48:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting _Golgoth_,
Question: KOTOR. Those I know who have played it say although it is epic say it was terrible because it wasnt finished. Is this true?

No it is not true. This applies to KOTOR 2 where.... it left u thinking that an expansion will come out soon and the story will continue.

I dont know what the publishers had in mind but KOTOR 2 was kinda unfinished. While KOTOR 1 is perfect, IMHO.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000063   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.