The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

I Just Can't Stand Demigod Anymore

By on October 22, 2009 5:28:31 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

CallTheVoid

Join Date 04/2009
+23
Y'know, between the lack of patches and fixes, the one-sided play, the total lack of thought given by other players on your team, the lag, the low server populations... yup, my last straw. It had its month, but I will no longer try to support this game, and I will no longer play it. To bad... it could have been great.
Locked Post 40 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 22, 2009 5:45:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i feel u bro.

October 22, 2009 6:11:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im with Stacked_Actr on this one...I tried and I tried...but not matter what every game I ever join lags

October 22, 2009 6:40:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ppl need to accept this.

This game wont get any better. Btw the lag is due to terrible NetCode

October 22, 2009 6:59:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Your rage quit post is subpar. It doesn't even include how HoN/LoL is better.

October 22, 2009 7:13:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The problem is they aren't better, it's a real bad time for this game to die because there isn't much else in the way of multiplayer games out there, or coming anytime soon.  It's pretty depressing.

October 22, 2009 7:15:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

..between the lack of patches and fixes
Like the patch we recieved two days ago to help deal with PUG Stomping?

the one-sided play, the total lack of thought given by other players on your team
Dumb people? On the internet? STOP THE PRESS!

the lag
Get a better internet connection or play with people geographically closer to you.

Btw the lag is due to terrible NetCode
As you obviously have no understanding of any kind on any level of this issue, please refrain from speaking out of your ass.

the low server populations
I think low sever populations might have to do with the fact that Demigod doesn't use servers.

yup, my last straw. It had its month, but I will no longer try to support this game, and I will no longer play it. To bad... it could have been great.
Can I have your stuff?

October 22, 2009 7:40:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ROFL.

October 22, 2009 7:45:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oh yeah.... so the game is perfect in every way right ZehDon?

October 22, 2009 8:19:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,

That's because it's understood, why would he need to say it?

October 22, 2009 8:29:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Look at me, I'm quitting.

Really, I am.

For reals!

Seriously!

Really, really!

ad nauseum

October 22, 2009 8:30:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not that I am a blind follower, but I see what ZehDon's getting at. He'd be the first to admit that the game has serious flaws since day one. What he is countering, is the inaccuracy of the statements in the original "I'm leaving" post.

Personally, I see no point in creating such threads other than to inject one last bit of venom into the community before leaving. The game definitely has issues to complain about, but at least complain about them accurately and constructively.

Just as we may be tired of the issues with the multiplayer infrastructure of the game (and giving a chance for them to be patched), we are probably even more tired of such rhetoric.

Some of us are willing to wait, some aren't. Wouldn't it be better if those two aren't can be a tad nicer about it?

October 22, 2009 8:45:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just do what I do and play every now and again, I just started playing atlantica online and liking it (yea I'm a ff fan)

October 22, 2009 9:02:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,
Just do what I do and play every now and again, I just started playing atlantica online and liking it (yea I'm a ff fan)

I'm a big FF fan so I'm going to check this out.  Thanks for mentioning it.  I still enjoy Demigod, warts and all.  So long as I have the time and can still enjoy playing, I'll be playing.  Hope to see you again further down the road or in another game, void.  Cya!

October 22, 2009 9:11:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Seeing all the players throw their hands up in frustration is pretty frustrating. I paid $40 for this shit and now you guys are leaving? Ehh whatever. Video games won't satisfy you for eternity.

October 22, 2009 9:42:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

CRYBABIES.....Please do stop playing this game and go elsewhere. It's so embarrassing listening to all these whiny, pitiful emo remarks. Go play dance dance revolution or whatever it is that won't rub your tender v--ginas the wrong way, just GO AWAY. Is the game perfect: no. Does it kick ass and is it a lot of fun? Hell yes. Until Supcom2 comes out this is the game for me. Take some midol, and your friends elsewhere. Good riddance.

October 22, 2009 10:44:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You forgot to mention the seemingly endless number of shills and lackeys that keep telling us the problems with Demigod aren't really problems, they are either features or our fault.

October 22, 2009 10:51:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,

Quoting synnworld, reply 12Just do what I do and play every now and again, I just started playing atlantica online and liking it (yea I'm a ff fan)

I'm a big FF fan so I'm going to check this out.  Thanks for mentioning it.  I still enjoy Demigod, warts and all.  So long as I have the time and can still enjoy playing, I'll be playing.  Hope to see you again further down the road or in another game, void.  Cya!

The game it self isnt really FF, but the game play gives me the ff feeling.

October 22, 2009 10:54:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sadly yes the netcode is horrible.... not good with high latency and or slow bandwith.

This type of game could have worked with those problematic bandwith and League of legend is the proof. I mostly never lag. Only happen if Riot server have a problem (mostly never happen compared to DG).

Still DG is a verry fun and cool game.

October 23, 2009 12:26:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Wagnard,
Sadly yes the netcode is horrible.... not good with high latency and or slow bandwith.

This type of game could have worked with those problematic bandwith and League of legend is the proof. I mostly never lag. Only happen if Riot server have a problem (mostly never happen compared to DG).

I'll be nice, and just remind you that Demigod uses a Peer 2 Peer connection system, while LoL and HoN use a Client/Server connection system. Demigod can only run as fast as the slowest computer and internet connection in the game, while LoL and HoN run as fast as the sever allows. Demigod's Netcode is fine and doesn't create any of the latency problems you're experiencing, it's the people in the game.

Quoting morpheas768,

Hardly; a Team orientated game that launched with no Team Features? A community focused game that launched with no Replays? Pathing that sends my Minions to my enemies via the neartest third world nation? The game has other issues and bugs/quirks, but all games do. None of them are close to being as bad as the morons on the forums like to pretend they are with perhaps the exception of the TB Fire AA one - but that's poor game design rather than a glitch - and frankly I'm sick of hearing "ZOMG HON LOL IS DA BETTAH GAME, ROFLCOPTER, DEMIGOD IS FAILZ, ACCOUNT CANCELLED" bullshit threads.

If you don't like Demigod, don't play it. Nothing mentioned so far in this thread is new, and all of it has been acknowledged.

October 23, 2009 1:19:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,

Quoting Wagnard,
reply 19

I'll be nice, and just remind you that Demigod uses a Peer 2 Peer connection system, while LoL and HoN use a Client/Server connection system. Demigod can only run as fast as the slowest computer and internet connection in the game, while LoL and HoN run as fast as the sever allows. Demigod's Netcode is fine and doesn't create any of the latency problems you're experiencing, it's the people in the game.

Quoting morpheas768,
reply 8

Hardly; a Team orientated game that launched with no Team Features? A community focused game that launched with no Replays? Pathing that sends my Minions to my enemies via the neartest third world nation? The game has other issues and bugs/quirks, but all games do. None of them are close to being as bad as the morons on the forums like to pretend they are with perhaps the exception of the TB Fire AA one - but that's poor game design rather than a glitch - and frankly I'm sick of hearing "ZOMG HON LOL IS DA BETTAH GAME, ROFLCOPTER, DEMIGOD IS FAILZ, ACCOUNT CANCELLED" bullshit threads.

If you don't like Demigod, don't play it. Nothing mentioned so far in this thread is new, and all of it has been acknowledged.

zehdon once again proving himself as one of the smarter and cool headed people on these forums

October 23, 2009 2:33:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,

Quoting Wagnard, reply 19Sadly yes the netcode is horrible.... not good with high latency and or slow bandwith.

Quoting morpheas768, reply 8oh yeah.... so the game is perfect in every way right ZehDon?

You arent telling us anything new buddy.

Frankly if i started listing the game's problems and bugs now i would fill 2 pages alone.

But let me tell you about 2 of them (the most critical);

1. The infamous Invalid Gamestate Error exploit/desync

and 2. the never ending connectivity window where 2 ppl DC from each other and they need to drop in order for the game to resume.

i have seen many of your posts Zehdon in the forums and you almost make me think that you are somebody from Stardock/GPG telling us that everything is alright. What makes you the Demigod problems expert?

Your 49 online games?

If somebody doesnt play much online how can it be possible to see many connection problems? For example the invalid error, lets say it is a matter of luck, (assuming that it isnt somebody who simply hacks the game which most of the times that is the case) somebody might get it even 3 times in a row, while someone else might get it 1 time in 30 games.

And you are Australian. I assume (correct me if i am wrong) that Aus has the smallest and most decent community from what i hear at least. No offence to anybody. So Aus players might never use the invalid error hack/exploit.

Now is the part where u tell me that i am 100% wrong, dellutional and that the game doesnt have any major issues....

October 23, 2009 2:38:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,
..between the lack of patches and fixes
Like the patch we recieved two days ago to help deal with PUG Stomping?

the one-sided play, the total lack of thought given by other players on your team
Dumb people? On the internet? STOP THE PRESS!

the lag
Get a better internet connection or play with people geographically closer to you.

Btw the lag is due to terrible NetCode
As you obviously have no understanding of any kind on any level of this issue, please refrain from speaking out of your ass.

the low server populations
I think low sever populations might have to do with the fact that Demigod doesn't use servers.

yup, my last straw. It had its month, but I will no longer try to support this game, and I will no longer play it. To bad... it could have been great.
Can I have your stuff?

And dont let me started about the new patches.

Everyone knows that new patch = new bugs. Every god damn time

October 23, 2009 2:47:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This has been sadly true.  The latest endless connectivity screen has been particularly nasty.  On a positive, I don't think the update to the overlay caused any new issues...

October 23, 2009 2:53:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,

This has been sadly true.  The latest endless connectivity screen has been particularly nasty.  On a positive, I don't think the update to the overlay caused any new issues...

Actually i think i think it might have caused an issue.

Yep i witnessed a brand new problem yesterday. But i am not sure it was due to the new update... i need to confirm it 1st

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time: