The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Stardock and Demigod Community

what we can expect and what not!

By on October 19, 2009 10:45:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dear fellow Demigods, dear Stardock Crew

im not a big poster, but have to give my 2 cents to the one or another topic.

In several posts the last weeks i have seen that the CEO of Stardock was brought into situations where he had to defend or at least declare himself and the state of "his" company.

Im a 34 year old gamer that has about 25 years gaming experience.

1. I have NEVER EVER seen a company that was so close to its costumers, u can write to the CEO, u can play with them, u can ask them personal questions and they will answer you. Ive been in various betas, closed alphas etc. but their way of Engagement tops everything. Thats outstanding, not usual.

2. The fact that Frogboy and his Crew are communicating with us is very dangerous for them, they know about it and they feel confident to handle it. Every sentence Frogboy says will cause pro`s and contra´s in the community, making them attackable.

They want to stay in close contact but they have to watch out not getting trapped in flaming, insulting, ignoring, etc....

Please keep that in mind when u want to contact the CEO of UBI or Sierra and the others.....

3. As far as ive recognized some of the Demigod players feel very related to Frogboy and Co., forgetting that every comment of Stardock is pure good will to the community. Sometimes u should just say "Thx" instead of "F*** Y**"

4. The patches are taking long, the game was not finished after release, issues issues issues....

I have bought games that were never finished, that were unplayable after release, that didnt have the options for refund, and so on and on....

I had my moments where i was frustrated from DG aswell, but incomparison it developed alot and they still show effort to improve even more.

keep up the good work Stardock, keep improving ur software, keep the courage of facing the community, keep us up to date...

da micro

+13 Karma | 12 Replies
October 19, 2009 10:52:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think Stardock is doing a good job. I can't say the same for GPG.

October 19, 2009 11:06:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stardock has clearly gone way beyond what a normal publisher would do for a game.  Frogboy in particular has come back to us time and again despite some of the incredibly rude people posting here.

Thanks for sticking with us, Frogboy.

October 19, 2009 11:39:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zygwen,
I think Stardock is doing a good job. I can't say the same for GPG.

I feel like stardock has done quite well at taking care of us, I too am unsure about GPG's commitment.

October 19, 2009 11:39:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This behaviour is more typical for smaller companies. Blizzard also does this and they're a giant company. Perhaps not their CEO but their lead game designers will often post and take part in forums discussions with their players. It's dangerous like you said. Sometimes they really do get sick of it by all the negativity but eventually deal with it. This is how it works I guess...

I assume there are other companies that do this as well though.

October 19, 2009 12:00:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,

Quoting Zygwen, reply 1I think Stardock is doing a good job. I can't say the same for GPG.

I feel like stardock has done quite well at taking care of us, I too am unsure about GPG's commitment.

I tend to sometimes get complainy, but I've come to realize GPG's commitment is translated through Stardock's community involvement. I know Frogboy considers Chris Taylor and company as his friends.

I'm giving Stardock the benefit of the doubt, as they deserve it.

October 19, 2009 12:18:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

All good points MicroStar!I'm 42 with a few years of gaming under my belt and have never seen a game company communicate with there customer base as much as Stardock.GPG allows Sorian to post blogs about his work there,the post are very informative and interesting reads.The link to his blog http://soriandev.blogspot.com/.

I have to give Karma to Microstar for a good post and Poly for using the word complainy.

October 19, 2009 12:44:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah - Sorian has been decent at keeping his blog updated and he's sharing a bit of behind the scenes info. 

October 19, 2009 1:10:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Both companies are doing great I think. Especially since they aren't exactly big names. Considering the game - lets admit it - needed maybe a months more time both companies have been working hard to try and do the best they can improving the game

Thumbs up for the lot of them

Thumbs down for anyone who says otherwise

October 19, 2009 1:42:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting _Golgoth_,
Both companies are doing great I think. Especially since they aren't exactly big names. Considering the game - lets admit it - needed maybe a months more time both companies have been working hard to try and do the best they can improving the game

Thumbs up for the lot of them

Thumbs down for anyone who says otherwise
Honestly, I am quite happy with the support. Yes, there are problems, but I feel like they are working to fix them. Also the community involvement is nice.

October 19, 2009 2:44:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Both companies are indeed doing great. The only reason people feel like GPG is slacking is because of SD's constant communication and support. But just because GPG is quiet doesn't mean they aren't working just as hard. If you read Sorian's blog you'd see that GPG is most certainly working hard on getting everything worked out.

So to everyone having doubts about GPG and such, just because a company isn't as open and talkative as SD does not mean they are forgetting about DG or not working on it.

October 19, 2009 3:04:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you all for Support! I hope SD gets encouraged by ur comments to continue and improve in the same great way.

October 19, 2009 3:06:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorian blog is certianly awesome and makes me think GPG hasn't forgot us afterall.  Brad should add them to the dev journals on the main page.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.