The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Demigods prepare to go out to the public

By on October 17, 2009 1:44:30 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

image The two new Demigods are getting close finally. And we’re very excited to start playing with them.  Since we’re going to want to do some “play testing” to nail down the balance before they end up being foisted out on everyone, we’ll be releasing an update to Demigod in the next couple of weeks that will allow us to add these new ones to a person’s Demigod account.  They’ll be able to play it online in regular games with others and we’ll see how they work out.  As we nail down balance and such we’ll expand out access to it until everyone who has Demigod can access it.

+912 Karma | 163 Replies
October 20, 2009 9:07:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CelMare,
no spooky, you think of the wrong thing. i dont talk of using an abilities so after it you need to right click again. i talk of the following situation:

1. right click on enemy dg... the generals hits him ones (if at all) and then moves to another creep around.

2. or you already right clicked on an enemy dg, and this one starts to retreat. you automatically start to follow him but on the way your general stops and switches to attack a nearby tower or creep or what ever.

this happens all the time.

addiionally it often even does not responds to your right-click order.

but to continue with the many many generals bugs:

idol priests getting stucked in citadell, so you need to port to get them back?

there are some more bugs of this kind. and they all are known since beta and surly easy to fix!

Right with you CelMare!

i can think of more than 30 times when i right click and my demigod just stands there and looking the almost dead enemy demigod fleeing with less than 200-300 hp, and with me constantly right clicking in the hopes that he will get unstuck.

unfortunately no matter how many times u right click it wont fix until a few seconds later when the enemy is free.

i found out that in generals, if u select ur demigod ONLY (without any minions) and right click really fast then he will resume the chase, and u spare urself the most annoying bug in the game.

October 20, 2009 9:09:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good work on the new Demigods SD/GPG

I wish u had them ready for us sooner but,

oh well

October 20, 2009 9:42:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Morpheas, Sorian is on it! I think he has fixed it already and it coming with 1.2

October 20, 2009 10:34:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
Morpheas, Sorian is on it! I think he has fixed it already and it coming with 1.2

Thats fantastic news! 

Anyways, i know everyone is looking forward to the new assassin but i cant wait to play the new general

j

October 20, 2009 10:40:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
Where does all this hate come from? I've seen some cheaty money grabbing moves by game studios in my time and the amount of hate does not even come close to this. While Demigod is just fine and is even GIVING AWAY Demigods. 

tl;dr Celmare shut up, you don't even give arguments for your hatepoasts.

Most game forums have people who act like this, regardless of how good or bad the customer support is.  Just ignore them, Stardock is doing a great job.

October 20, 2009 10:53:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Makeshift-D,

Quoting lifekatana, reply 99Where does all this hate come from? I've seen some cheaty money grabbing moves by game studios in my time and the amount of hate does not even come close to this. While Demigod is just fine and is even GIVING AWAY Demigods. 

Most game forums have people who act like this, regardless of how good or bad the customer support is.  Just ignore them, Stardock is doing a great job.

Oh yeah everything is PERFECT!

umm excuse me but where is this Utopian Demigod u are imagining?

i cant see it

October 20, 2009 2:29:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't recall saying that this game is perfect, but then again how many games actually are perfect?  Believe me, there are much less responsive companies than Stardock.  There are plenty of games where a company would have tried to release something similar to the new Demigods as a $30 expansion pack. 

There are also many companies that don't respond to forum posts and suggestions.  I'm in fact still skeptical that the "Frogboy" responding to forum posts really is Brad Wardell, the CEO of Stardock.  Maybe I just haven't been as lucky as you've been at finding great games and customer support, but I suppose if I had found a perfect game, I wouldn't be wasting my time playing Demigod and posting in the Demigod Community Forums.

October 20, 2009 3:00:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Makeshift-D,
I don't recall saying that this game is perfect, but then again how many games actually are perfect?  Believe me, there are much less responsive companies than Stardock.  There are plenty of games where a company would have tried to release something similar to the new Demigods as a $30 expansion pack. 

There are also many companies that don't respond to forum posts and suggestions.  I'm in fact still skeptical that the "Frogboy" responding to forum posts really is Brad Wardell, the CEO of Stardock.  Maybe I just haven't been as lucky as you've been at finding great games and customer support, but I suppose if I had found a perfect game, I wouldn't be wasting my time playing Demigod and posting in the Demigod Community Forums.

If u put it that way then i agree with you.

And i am skeptical about Frogboy too^^

October 20, 2009 5:52:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Keep up the good work, Stardock.

And i am skeptical about Frogboy too^^

This sounds like an immediate request for suggestive pictures.  "I need... proof."

All joking aside, Stardock has to be the most responsive company ever. This company actually (sort of) listens to the whining. I remember how bad this game was right after release, and now it's one of my favorites.  I pity the people who got the refund... They're missing out on some great games and the new demigods.

Now if only Stardock could patch my life to give me more free time for video games.

October 21, 2009 4:09:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I tried ownloading it and it wouldn't let me

October 21, 2009 4:58:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
Where does all this hate come from? I've seen some cheaty money grabbing moves by game studios in my time and the amount of hate does not even come close to this. While Demigod is just fine and is even GIVING AWAY Demigods. 

as i already have given the arguments you seem to ignore over and over again, here for your ignorance to be ingored again:

- plenty of bugs (many easy to fix) that persists since beta.

- worst mp-infrastructure a modern mp-title ever had, nearly all of the must-have infrastructure features missing (e.g. automatches, teamed matches, ...)

- one of the easiests things to do : ladder and stats still not working reliable and correct

- at least for me: no support. still waiting for over a weak an answer from the support why i allways get a "databease error" when i try to add a player note

- worst networkt code ever! lags, stuttering, connection problems

- new demigods promised for august. where are we now? (if it were this alone wouldn't bother me much)

- we get the promise for modding tools while all the above problems still persist - this is hilarious!

- with nearly every new patch we got more new bugs then got fixed. the last ones seem to be an example par exelance!

this you call a good job? i call this one of the worst i ever saw in games history! there maybe others even worse of course.

but somehow you are right. there are always the fanboys with an ignorance greater then the universe. i really love this gameplay. it's the best game for years, but i started to hate gpg and afterwards stardock for there BAD behaviour and ignorance of the problems. it is like a facepalm that instead of fixing the most important things they are wasting their time with modding tools!

enough arguments? i bet not. ingorance is unbreakble.

p.s. the give away demigods is THE LEAST they can do for compensating this mess! it is no where near for makeing this up!

edit: indeed stardock responses to forumpost more then most other companies. but what did this helped with the above problems? NOTHING. i just saw frogchild behaving like a bad educated child as soon as he faced unsatisfied customers. at least the other stardock members here in the forums earned my rtespect for how they acted. but the problems still persists and this for very long long time without major changes!

--------------------------------

to the generals bug morpheus described. this is one of them. the other is that generals often stop during chasing wihtout a command issued. they simply stop when they get near a tower to switch automatically the target to it. it does not happen everytime but it happens.

October 21, 2009 6:57:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting MixMagic,

Quoting lifekatana, reply 99Where does all this hate come from? I've seen some cheaty money grabbing moves by game studios in my time and the amount of hate does not even come close to this. While Demigod is just fine and is even GIVING AWAY Demigods. 

i agree.... and btw to ryan... i got LoL now and HoN....and u say HoN is trouble free? it took me 4 hours of fucking around just to be able to log in...look at their forum and what do u see? CONNECTION PROBLEM....CONNECTION PROBLEM...LOG IN PROBLEM SOLVED....<---oh wait it wasnt solved i see that 4 times.... and buggy....OMFGZOR its bugged big time....i couldnt even get the skill list to disapear it just kept over lapping each one.... man for somone who is baggin demigod the one ur comparing it to is sure in alot more trouble then demi if u ask me.

Hey mix, I got that HoN beta, and hate that game. Sucks nuts really. Demigod is a Great game, and yes I paid in full prior to release in AU. Love the game, Love playing it!!!!! OMFG I love demigod....So yeah not being able to play it is kinda a bummer sorry I cannot put a positive spin on that.

My paint analagy took all of 1/2 second thanks Sevenix....Not everything takes an hour(like starting a DG game) on this side of the world...... now time to race around the back yard on my purple three wheeler..... WHEEEEE! 

I AM optimistic and hopeful **fingers crossed** that the fixes come and I can get some decent gaming....but Christmas is coming and boy am I gonna put a different game on santa's list....then bye bye die hard DG fans.

October 21, 2009 7:03:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oh... just checked derver stats to see what games might possibly be up...

they tell me 1035 people "online" but that's surely just the R2P auto loading on people's pc, not people in DG.

there's 1 game hosting waiting with Russia host... no hope there.

There's 10 games currently running with a grand total of 35 players playing at this moment WORLWIDE.... I'm not even gonna try tonight....

Time for some Company of Heroes!!! (and maybe ride around in my shiny purple three wheeler.

October 21, 2009 8:41:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting The_Butcher,
oh... just checked derver stats to see what games might possibly be up...

they tell me 1035 people "online" but that's surely just the R2P auto loading on people's pc, not people in DG.

there's 1 game hosting waiting with Russia host... no hope there.

There's 10 games currently running with a grand total of 35 players playing at this moment WORLWIDE.... I'm not even gonna try tonight....

Time for some Company of Heroes!!! (and maybe ride around in my shiny purple three wheeler.

What are you?

Like 8 years old?

October 21, 2009 9:05:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Unfortunately CelMare u cant list all the problems and bugs of Demigod in 1 post.

Or u could but it would take 2 pages. But u are absolutely right in everything u said.

and dont mind the fanboys. ppl who play 1 or 2 games per day cant possibly know about the game's major issues.

Have ur Sila get them Cel!

October 21, 2009 12:30:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey man, Id love to test the new godz

October 21, 2009 12:50:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is it me or does the new demon assassing look like a mix between a Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction pirate and Legolas?

Looking sexy though

October 21, 2009 1:27:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

omg...did not they produce them until now?Oo

it is actual ridiculously =/

this game will begin to be good only after 20 DGs...and they only do only two in a year ??_??

it must them be ashamed for such low productivity =/

interestingly will somebody reminisce this game when will Icefrog produce a new DotA with valve or not?

biggest DotA-copy fail...

October 21, 2009 1:41:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ScythianUA,

this game will begin to be good only after 20 DGs...and they only do only two in a year ??_??

interestingly will somebody reminisce this game when will Icefrog produce a new DotA with valve or not?

too bad the demigods in this game are actually balanced and not horrendouslly OP or extremely under powered like Dota/LoL/HoN well actually havent played HoN but the dota/LoL is really imbalanced also qaulity is greater than quantity the demigods are much more interesting and diverse than the borefest that is LoL unispired 13 year old kid sketches that probably came from a middle schooler in class being bored and doodleing

October 21, 2009 7:31:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ScythianUA,

What? Why would you think that the game would only be good after 20 DGs... that's like saying Team Fortress will only be good if it has 20 different classes. And that is completely ridiculous.

October 21, 2009 8:01:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Celmare
ingorance is unbreakble

Did you seriously just type that in?

October 21, 2009 11:02:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cool I can't wait for to play it.

October 22, 2009 1:47:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ScythianUA,

ur so stupid i got LoL and HoN ...and everyone picks the same heroes...theres nothing special about having 40 heroes that are all exactly the same as DOTA just with new names and graphix.

p.s DEMIGOD ISNT A DOTA COPY....

October 22, 2009 4:04:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ScythianUA,

game will begin to be good only after 20 DGs...and they only do only two in a year ??_??

Lol?

Personally I would love to see 20 demigods   But I would prefer 10 that are actually balanced

Was Demigod even based on Dota at all? I mean I had never heard of it until I played this game. Same with the other two mentioned games

Quoting Spooky__,

biggest DotA-copy fail...What? Why would you think that the game would only be good after 20 DGs... that's like saying Team Fortress will only be good if it has 20 different classes. And that is completely ridiculous.

Dear lord imagine the chaos of that

October 22, 2009 4:50:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting _Golgoth_,

Was Demigod even based on Dota at all? I mean I had never heard of it until I played this game. Same with the other two mentioned games

of course it was. but not like hon or lol it is only based on it. instead of being more or less a copy of it. dg has some strategic additions the original and hon/lol does not have, like flags, portals warrank, cit-upgrades... on the other side there are less items and heros, especially less heros.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.