The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Demigods prepare to go out to the public

By on October 17, 2009 1:44:30 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

image The two new Demigods are getting close finally. And we’re very excited to start playing with them.  Since we’re going to want to do some “play testing” to nail down the balance before they end up being foisted out on everyone, we’ll be releasing an update to Demigod in the next couple of weeks that will allow us to add these new ones to a person’s Demigod account.  They’ll be able to play it online in regular games with others and we’ll see how they work out.  As we nail down balance and such we’ll expand out access to it until everyone who has Demigod can access it.

Locked Post 163 Replies +4
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 17, 2009 7:32:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As, always, I am Ready 2 Play!

October 17, 2009 7:40:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Neoauld,
you've released 2 new demigods, 0 maps, an overlay, and no extra contact or fixes for the atrocious netcode in the time S2 has released 4-5+ Heroes, features, balance fixes and so on.  Why not just admit the games being abandoned because your sales have sucked due to a poor release, and terrible netcode that you *CANT* fix

none the less, ill try the new DG's ...

You are aware that the entire company of S2 is working on HoN because it's in Beta which is why they're releasing more content - and considering the absolute ease at which content can be developed due to the low complexity of their Graphics engine they're actually working very slow, right?
If you like HoN so much go to their forums and bug them. Seriously, people like you simply aren't welcome here. Leave.

October 17, 2009 8:14:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm, I send my request for Ready to Play to you when Frogboy posted about it the first time. Haven't got it yet...

I'll try again.

October 17, 2009 9:04:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
Well, at first the only people who will have them will be people from Stardock and GPG.  From there, it'll be largely people who volunteer and have Ready to Play set up so that we can get ahold of them to try them out.

If you don't already have Ready to Play, sign up on that page with the email your Impulse account is set up on and we'll add you prior to the Demigods being ready for handing out to people.

Hehe - definitely one way to get more people on ready to play. 

I volunteer as well and will gladly play the crap out of the new dgs and provide balancing suggestions. 

October 17, 2009 9:13:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting regabond,
uh Neoauld, this is not the place for individual problems or personal issues. The majority of the players have no problems getting games going and running smoothly bar the odd person with 55kb internet connection or running DG on a calculator. The game is not dead or dying. Please take your offensive self elsewhere.

Also I can't wait to play with or against the new DGs. I'm pretty excited to see just what they can do.

sarcasm much

just about 90% of the DG players ive talked to ahve said this games lag is horrid

its got a great graphics engine n all, but crippled by the fact that this gametype is meant for multiplayer, and its netcode looks like it was written by grade 10 computer science students

theres no excuse for how bad that part of it was designed, and the fact that development/bug fixes have been so SLOW prove theyve put this on the back burner, those 2 DG's theyre releasing that have taken a LONG time, are the last youll see for this game, this game will not be getting content after that

October 17, 2009 9:20:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,

Quoting Neoauld, reply 20you've released 2 new demigods, 0 maps, an overlay, and no extra contact or fixes for the atrocious netcode in the time S2 has released 4-5+ Heroes, features, balance fixes and so on.  Why not just admit the games being abandoned because your sales have sucked due to a poor release, and terrible netcode that you *CANT* fix

You are aware that the entire company of S2 is working on HoN because it's in Beta which is why they're releasing more content - and considering the absolute ease at which content can be developed due to the low complexity of their Graphics engine they're actually working very slow, right?
If you like HoN so much go to their forums and bug them. Seriously, people like you simply aren't welcome here. Leave.

the graphics are fine for what it is

and they release mostly FREE games, and HoN they have HoN preorders setup but not many have preordered, yet they put MORE effort into their games than has been put into DG

And you arent in any position to say whos welcome, people like who you eat whatever company throw at you are why companies can release games that are sub par and get away with it.  Dont get me wrong i like DG, its nice to have the same playstyle has HoN but with 0 complexity to just relax and not need to worry about most of the stuff you in HoN, but at the same time, all theyd have to do is FIX the netcode to get this game to be competitive with the others again

And btw, ive seen Frogboy say content will be released depending on sales, so expect this to be the last content update, cause DG was never high on sales, and its fallen even below that

October 17, 2009 9:27:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogtastic

October 17, 2009 9:29:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting eternalspirit23,
I've been sitting back just watching the forum over the months and I feel it's time to start posting a bit. Really looking forward to using the new demigods, keep up the great work!

My thoughts exactly (when it comes to the whole "watching" bit and how they should keep up the good work). Also, I can't wait to use the Demon Assassin. It gets a tad bit boring using UB most of the time and playing with TB once in a while.

October 17, 2009 10:02:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

why not dish out the new demigods to everyone. Everyone will post forth their ideas on them in forums. For something that is so badly wanted by 'everyone', you are limiting it to a group of people which i find odd. but i have to say the tactic behind it is a great way to promote 'ready to play'.

It doesnt really worry me if i dont get to play the new demis while others do even if it means while that little while longer, at least that way i know i get a more finalised version of the character when i do have access to them.

Frogboy, thx for the update on whats going on. These posts are greatly appreciated.

October 17, 2009 10:26:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

count me in to try them out early!

October 17, 2009 10:26:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Othello,
and when are they going to the public? i'll volunteer and already have 'ready to play' set up and installed.

MEEEEEEE TOOOOOOOOOO!

October 17, 2009 10:29:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,

Quoting Neoauld, reply 20you've released 2 new demigods, 0 maps, an overlay, and no extra contact or fixes for the atrocious netcode in the time S2 has released 4-5+ Heroes, features, balance fixes and so on.  Why not just admit the games being abandoned because your sales have sucked due to a poor release, and terrible netcode that you *CANT* fix

WOW couldnt put it better my self Zeh ^.^

October 17, 2009 11:06:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

awesome news. 

October 17, 2009 11:11:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
why not dish out the new demigods to everyone. Everyone will post forth their ideas on them in forums. For something that is so badly wanted by 'everyone', you are limiting it to a group of people which i find odd. but i have to say the tactic behind it is a great way to promote 'ready to play'.

It doesnt really worry me if i dont get to play the new demis while others do even if it means while that little while longer, at least that way i know i get a more finalised version of the character when i do have access to them.

Frogboy, thx for the update on whats going on. These posts are greatly appreciated.

If the demigods are ridiculously overpowered, we would hate Stardock for giving us them without first testing them.  Better to wait for them to be balanced than to have an exploit.

October 17, 2009 11:23:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Neoauld,
the graphics are fine for what it is

Never said they weren't - I said they were basic, and compared to Demigod's that's exactly what they are. This allows additional content to be produced far easier than for Demigod, and yet what we're seeing is merely replica heroes straight out of DotA being added in.

Quoting Neoauld,
and they release mostly FREE games, and HoN they have HoN preorders setup but not many have preordered, yet they put MORE effort into their games than has been put into DG

What they've released in the past has no bearing on HoN's release - it's going to be a retail release and you're going to have to pay for it. They're putting less effort into HoN than Demigod because they have DotA as the blueprint - Icefrog and his ilk did the ground work some time ago when DotA was created - HoN has literally copied that and expanded on it ever so slightly with a fresh coat of paint. Argue as you will, this is a basic fact that has both been admitted to by S2 games, and is evident the moment you join a game. Demigod is a completly original take on the same idea - this is why I prefer Demigod.
And as stated above, due to the simplistic engine that HoN uses it takes less effort to create for than Demigod does, so Demigod by extension requires more effort than HoN. I thought this would be obvious?

Quoting Neoauld,
And you arent in any position to say whos welcome, people like who you eat whatever company throw at you are why companies can release games that are sub par and get away with it.  Dont get me wrong i like DG, its nice to have the same playstyle has HoN but with 0 complexity to just relax and not need to worry about most of the stuff you in HoN, but at the same time, all theyd have to do is FIX the netcode to get this game to be competitive with the others again

Their NetCode is fine - if you're experiencing network issues please post about this in the appropriate forum, or contact [email protected] for help. I won't be drawn into discussion on the gameplay difference here - but I am certainly in a position to say who and who is not welcome here - I'm a member of the community and you're bitching, moaning and complaining in a developer Journal that is giving a bit of a heads up to the community that our new Demigods are nearing completion, and soon we'll have a chance to road test them and help balance them correctly. Did you honestly think your bullshit would be tolerated?

Quoting Neoauld,
And btw, ive seen Frogboy say content will be released depending on sales, so expect this to be the last content update, cause DG was never high on sales, and its fallen even below that

I can quite confidently say that you're not in a position - of any kind - to comment on the total Sales of Demigod, the "10 Top" charts mean little. But, while we're on the topic, you must have missed where Frogboy also commented that Demigod continues to sell well and so additional content outside of th 12 month window is possible, despite the fact that we're getting ever closer to receiving offical Mod Tools and so we'll be able to develop our own Content.
But that wouldn't concern you, since HoN is superior in every way. In fact, I can't imagine why you've even stopped playing it for a second to post on the forums of a game that's dying, abandoned by it's developers and publisher, and isn't even able to be played online due to it's horrible net code! Quick, run away, before the suction of Demigod dying drags you down with it! Run!!

October 17, 2009 11:54:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Colonel_Jessep,
Hmm, I send my request for Ready to Play to you when Frogboy posted about it the first time. Haven't got it yet...

I'll try again.

check ur email? im sure you have... i have 1 for my and 5 for friends in my email if you would like one?..

http://www.stardock.com/products/readytoplay/regrtp.asp once you have the cd key this website will explain step by step how to install it.

October 18, 2009 12:21:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

its got a great graphics engine n all, but crippled by the fact that this gametype is meant for multiplayer, and its netcode looks like it was written by grade 10 computer science students

I was going to ignore your boring, exaggerated rhetoric and just concentrate on your point, but ZehDon beat me to it. Post feedback or issue reports to Stardock (so that they may be passed to GPG) to help improve the game.

And you arent in any position to say whos welcome, people like who you eat whatever company throw at you are why companies can release games that are sub par and get away with it.  Dont get me wrong i like DG, its nice to have the same playstyle has HoN but with 0 complexity to just relax and not need to worry about most of the stuff you in HoN, but at the same time, all theyd have to do is FIX the netcode to get this game to be competitive with the others again

A "don't get me wrong i like DG" won't negate the toxic in the rest of your post. If you "like" DG as you claimed, do something more constructive for it than spout non-constructive criticism and comparisons with a game that is of the same genre but obviously offers a different enough experience to render such comparisons pointless.

Here you sound like you're taking it so personally that you're just pulling stuff from thin air. I've seen the same article claimed by ZehDon where Frogboy mentioned continued good sales on Demigod that's enough to drive more content to be made. Either learn to control your anger issues, or just leave and go to HoN which you so love. The only person you're going to convince with your rhetoric is yourself.

October 18, 2009 12:55:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
Well, at first the only people who will have them will be people from Stardock and GPG.  From there, it'll be largely people who volunteer and have Ready to Play set up so that we can get ahold of them to try them out.

If you don't already have Ready to Play, sign up on that page with the email your Impulse account is set up on and we'll add you prior to the Demigods being ready for handing out to people.

Make sure you give the demigods to the most experienced players for balancing before there entire release. I would like to get the balance good if not excellant before complete release so a quick fix doesn't need immediate attention.

October 18, 2009 1:04:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great!

October 18, 2009 1:30:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Signed up to Ready To Play, ready to get my butt kicked online.

Btw, I`ve played Heroes Of Newerth in beta. I like it, but honestly, that game would be far easier to design & develop for than something like Demigod, where imbalances are more apparent and more critical; a finer eye is required for this. I enjoy the 'adventure' A.I. aspects of HoN, but I wish for more gameplay experiences in a coooperative vein versus that A.I., ala Left4Dead or Killing Floor. That makes for a doubly enjoyable group evening/afternoon.

Anyway, the more Demigods the better.

October 18, 2009 1:31:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I hope the guy that runs demigoddb.com will add them. He hasn't done anything in a long time.

October 18, 2009 2:46:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Epiphenomenon,
I hope the guy that runs demigoddb.com will add them. He hasn't done anything in a long time.

i think alot of people are banking on this seeing as theyu gonna be 2 new demigods... im sure he would be up to date with this hehe

October 18, 2009 2:47:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I forgot to mention if anyone would like a Ready To Play Beta Key, please let me know via the PM System. I don't know if this will guarantee you access to these new Demigods, but it certainly can't decrease your chances.

October 18, 2009 3:59:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,
I forgot to mention if anyone would like a Ready To Play Beta Key, please let me know via the PM System.

My "Ready to Play" has "Associated with Impulse account" in a place of serial number. Do I still need "Ready to Play" beta key?

October 18, 2009 4:14:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Leon108,

Quoting ZehDon, reply 48I forgot to mention if anyone would like a Ready To Play Beta Key, please let me know via the PM System.
My "Ready to Play" has "Associated with Impulse account" in a place of serial number. Do I still need "Ready to Play" beta key?

yes i did...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time: