The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

List of People who noob/pug stomp.

By on October 11, 2009 5:39:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I see that people want a list of premades, but to me that seems pointless as many of them are good people who want a good game.

I propose that we list premades that primarily pug/noob stomp here.  Additionally we could put in people who are pugs, but habitually host games and try to stack their side.  These are the people that are causing issues in the community, not honest premades who are looking for good matches.

Oh and btw I am a pug exclusivly, and I have had many good matches vs premades.  Infact I had a good one today, and wait for it........, My team of pugs won.

+4 Karma | 31 Replies
October 11, 2009 7:49:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Belier13 and Apika.

They both have 99(!) win percentage.

They always play in the same team.

They even do it in Pantheon matches.

They are also known to use exploits as even Frogboy experienced once.

They also behave very immaturely by throwing around insults in the lobby and in the ingame chat.

And they're still not banned...

On a side note, I'd also really like to know the names of players who have >60% winrate after more than 100 games and still join "noob only" games.

Stat overlays will improve the game experience for the average player so much. Next week they're official.

October 11, 2009 9:26:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you Cosmoe, that is a great start to the thread. 

October 11, 2009 10:27:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great idea...

October 11, 2009 10:31:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a very useful thread... it allows us to police our own community... CosMoe's post is an excellent start... perhaps, these abusers (as >90%-win pro's, who join Noob-only games surely are) will soon be banned?

October 11, 2009 10:38:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Prussian-Havoc,
This is a very useful thread... it allows us to police our own community... CosMoe's post is an excellent start... perhaps, these abusers (as >90%-win pro's, who join Noob-only games surely are) will soon be banned?

You can't ban for that.

And I find it amusing that you ask for people who abuse the system to be banned.

October 11, 2009 10:38:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Belier and Apika aren't noob stompers, they play good players all the time. They just lose over and over again and cheat to prevent the losses from being recorded.

October 11, 2009 11:20:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Belier and Apika aren't noob stompers, they play good players all the time. They just lose over and over again and cheat to prevent the losses from being recorded.

Yes.  SD was TALKING about banning them - including Frogboy (as they even pulled their crap on him), but nothing has been done.  I don't expect them to post a thread saying they were banned, but I do expect to STOP seeing their stats.  Their last game was today so nothing has been done yet. 

October 11, 2009 11:24:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can ban for system abuse however though like pacov suggests.

October 11, 2009 11:28:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Belier and Apika aren't noob stompers, they play good players all the time.

Good players only fight them once...

October 11, 2009 11:37:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wait how exactly are there loses not being recorded?

October 11, 2009 11:49:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

how to cheat... a tutorial... hmm...

October 11, 2009 11:54:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
how to cheat... a tutorial... hmm...

Tell or notyour decision not like it's going to stop me from playing the game and enjoying myself instead of being obssessed with this or that.

October 12, 2009 12:21:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just not the best idea IMO to advertise how to cheat the game.  Probably won't exactly help our player base any, either.

Here's something from another thread that is applicable. 

However from what I have seen there are certian premade who go so far as to put "noob only", or "no premade" in the title, or refuse to boot noobs so that the teams are more fair. I cannot name any offhand, but I think we should all start to take note of them, and single them out. THEY are the problem. Not the vast majority of the community.

I completely agree with this... intentionally deceiving (eg lying in your game name) is not cool.  I've recently had a premade join a PUG ONLY game I had up.

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/1012700/player/28414/ (US) XvX PUG ONLY - They even called us a premade after getting beat.

More examples from this team:  http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/928605/player/11557/ (DE) EU 2vs2 beginner

This team does not typically outright lie by hosting/joining PUG/NOOB only games (a quick look at their games list should make that clear http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/games/player/21167/), but they have done it in the past.  In short, I wouldn't necessarily be all that much on the lookout for their team, but this is an example

October 12, 2009 1:40:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,

And I find it amusing that you ask for people who abuse the system to be banned.

now poly... as a 91.1% winner yourself, you must know about new player victimization... let's look at you earlier matches... hmmm, here is a noob only match, there you are as a winner and your %wins at the time... hmmm... you are not quite the stainless player yourself... are u

October 12, 2009 2:07:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Prussian-Havoc,
now poly... as a 91.1% winner yourself, you must know about new player victimization... let's look at you earlier matches... hmmm, here is a noob only match, there you are as a winner and your %wins at the time... hmmm... you are not quite the stainless player yourself... are u

Skimming through Polynomial's game list I don't see a single match titled noobs only. Try posting a link, instead of baseless slander.

October 12, 2009 2:39:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Skimming through Polynomial's game list I don't see a single match titled noobs only. Try posting a link, instead of baseless slander.

IMO, pug stompers are people who very specifically focus on trying to fight weak opponents (and I don't know of anyone currently that fits that bill).  I know from past chats, etc, that Poly's biggest problem was finding 5 man premades to play against (not all that common).  If a 5 man team wasn't available, they'd play people who were willing to play against them.  I'm sure he'll answer for himself if he sees this thread, though. 

October 12, 2009 2:42:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JagerJack,

Quoting Prussian-Havoc,
reply 14

the link you requested is included above... as you can see the players poly fought at the time were new players... i never stated it was a match titled "noobs only"... calm yourself down, as a new player yourself at 2 : 3, you should welcome efforts to balance this game experience, you and i will both benefit...

October 12, 2009 2:54:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Prussian-Havoc,
the link you requested is included above... as you can see the players poly fought at the time were new players... i never stated it was a match titled "noobs only"... calm yourself down, as a new player yourself at 2 : 3, you should welcome efforts to balance this game experience, you and i will both benefit...

You said "here is a noob only match." But the title is "4 fun ", it is hardly Poly's fault if new players joined his game. Considering that he has joined a good number of Pro games, and a couple of premade vs premade games, Poly hardly comes across as the type of person that victimizes new players. So yes, it was baseless slander and a poor attempt at trying to defend yourself.

And I'm not a new player, try looking at my game list. I have over 80 recorded matches, and have been playing the game since April.

October 12, 2009 5:55:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CosMoe,

On a side note, I'd also really like to know the names of players who have >60% winrate after more than 100 games and still join "noob only" games.

i do this sometimes but i allways ask if i may stay or leave. sometimes i join them to experiment, test some stuff or a new dg. but i allways inform them and am prepared to leave if they wish. i think this is ok.

edit: but i prefere mid-range games if there are any open.

October 12, 2009 10:50:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok for some reason my screnie didnt record and im a bit pissed about it.

I just played a game vs Nightlex who is apparently friends with pyeek, and a pug named vrednuga.  I will leave out vrednuga as he didnt seem to get invovlved althought they did move around so they  were all on the same team.

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/1020878/player/43878/  So that is the game I lost.  I knew going in that we would lose as Nightlex ans pyeek are like 80-90% win rate, ans the other guy was about 60%

My team was a guy below 30%, a guy at 40% and me at like 44%.   

So the next game I op in the lobby, and they all three move so they can be together.  I say (and here is why I am pissed my screenshot didnt save) I asked if we couls even the teams up.... the responce is no.  So i ask if all they want to do is stomp lesser players and and Nightlex said yes.  The allowd the other side to fill up with far lesser players and when I asked them agian if all they wanted to do was noob stomp i was kick.

It may be an Isolated incident, but I wont play with them agian after that.

October 12, 2009 3:36:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CelMare,

Quoting CosMoe, reply 1

i do this sometimes but i allways ask if i may stay or leave. sometimes i join them to experiment, test some stuff or a new dg. but i allways inform them and am prepared to leave if they wish. i think this is ok.

edit: but i prefere mid-range games if there are any open.

i agree i got a pritty good % and sometimes i admit i know its a stacked team...but most of the time being a aussie player how friggen hard is it to find a game...if tehres a newb game with 350 pings that will let me play man im in there...i love this game and more and more aussies have left since not enough updates and fixes have been done...so excuse me if i join a newb only game (and i ussually try something new..) im yet to play erebus i think iv done him once or twice...and QoT. Also another problem is ...how many times have i played with USA players and we host it saying VENT GAME 3v3 4v4...ect ect and no one comes yet we host a game just saying 3v3 4v4 and it fills up.... so u know its a very touchy one...but i do understand what u are getting at. there are people that will only play stacked teams and purposly play with newbs... my problem with newbs is that some choose not to learn? u give hints tips u ask things...the ones that listen ussually the games close and even win but the ones that choose not to...well u get the shizzles with them.

blah blah blah

October 12, 2009 4:02:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting obscenitor,

Had this just happen to me in Pantheon. They dropped when the game was lost and the game is not recorded.

Apika played QoT and Belier played Erebus.

October 12, 2009 5:09:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting tperge,
Ok for some reason my screnie didnt record and im a bit pissed about it.

I just played a game vs Nightlex who is apparently friends with pyeek, and a pug named vrednuga.  I will leave out vrednuga as he didnt seem to get invovlved althought they did move around so they  were all on the same team.

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/1020878/player/43878/  So that is the game I lost.  I knew going in that we would lose as Nightlex ans pyeek are like 80-90% win rate, ans the other guy was about 60%

My team was a guy below 30%, a guy at 40% and me at like 44%.   

So the next game I op in the lobby, and they all three move so they can be together.  I say (and here is why I am pissed my screenshot didnt save) I asked if we couls even the teams up.... the responce is no.  So i ask if all they want to do is stomp lesser players and and Nightlex said yes.  The allowd the other side to fill up with far lesser players and when I asked them agian if all they wanted to do was noob stomp i was kick.

so.. if you want even teams against a premade.. WHY DONT YOU GET SOME FRIENDS AND HOP ON THE PUBLIC VENT AND PLAY THEM?  It's not hard.  It's really not.  Hey, you don't even have to make friends first.. just go hop on the vent.  Hop in a channel.. say "play with me".. wait for them to get out of a game.. BAM.

You bring it upon yourself imo. "I pug exclusively!"  yet you want premades to split up and even teams.  "Hey, I know you guys are good, so you can't play together.  I'm not going to make my own team, just gimme one or two of your guys and that'll work.  You've already done the work of finding people you play well together with, and I'm not going to bother with that.  I pug exclusively yet demand premades split up teams to serve me. Thank you."

Same thing I said in another thread.. I don't mind kicking people who are complete and utter noobs (i.e. 0% wins, 5 games played).. but if someone is 129 games, 45% wins... I'm not going to kick them for you (you being every pugger who asks) just because you want someone better.  Chances are, the next 5 players who join are going to be about the same, you won't be satisfied with these ppl either, and in the end, the lobby will crash from people dropping and joining.  What I will do is kick anyone on the other team so you can bring friends in.

Honestly.. the game is more fun when you have people to bullshit on vent with.  Why do so many people refuse a free service?  ANYONE can make their own free 8 man vent server.. ANYONE can go join the demigod public vent and not even have to setup a server.  It's not a virus, it's not complicated (you're playing video games and reading a video game forum... you should be able to figure out how to set it up), and it makes the game better.

So .. my question for you Tperge:  After 217 games, why have you not found friends to play with that you enjoyed playing with in a pug, and bring them along when you join premade games?

October 12, 2009 9:22:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rawrrrr you got it all wrong man.  I dont have a desire to set up a team, I will play wither others i like if I see them on, but as it stands, I just want to play a quick game.

I dont want all premades to split up, and remember this isnt all about premades, its about  pugs who stack teams too. I enjoy playing  premade teams they can make for good games, but I do not what to play agianst a team that is all 80% vs a team that is all 30%.  In that case, the 30% most likely stand no chance.

I have no problem with the vast majority of premades who are willing to try and have at least somewhat ballanced teams.  This thread is to call out the dishonest pugs and premades who only want to play lesser players.

October 13, 2009 2:40:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

One of my beefs is the host stacking good players on one team instead of trying to balance a team.  Its the same as noob stomping, just a variation of it.  Sometimes the host will go to one side of the team, then ask the good players to move with him, leaving the other side with newer or bad players.  Or the host just move players around.

Premades that go to a pug host game are annoying too, although with new tools will help with that issue.

Patheon automatches is just horrible.  I like Patheon because of the good vs evil theme, but the matchups are just silly.  90% of the time it won't be an even matchup.  Two people with 500+ games between them is obviously going to beat a team with one player only played 10 games.  If its a team vs AI, the computer should look at the stats of the players and insert Normal, Hard or Nightmare level AI.  They may still be stupid AI, but at least on Nightmare, its more of a challenge with the ridicules buffs.  

I'm a big proponent of inserting Hard or Nightmare level AI in games.  If a person drops, it does not mean automatic loss.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.