The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Consolidated list of bugs in 1.19

By on September 23, 2009 1:55:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In an effort to have to read less I am asking people to please post all found bugs in version 1.19 in this thread please.

Please keep posts to reporting bugs only. I don't want to have to sift through a bunch of posts discussing bugs, or whether something is a bug or not, or how much you hate that bug too. The less reading I have to do the easier it is for me to bring bugs to the attention of the proper people and the higher the chance they might get fixed for 1.2.

+27 Karma | 105 Replies
September 23, 2009 2:20:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

All still present bugs I got listed here.

Replays
- Replays freeze sometimes, possibly related to DG switching or speed adjustment
- Replays graphics become dark (happens when task switching or changing video options, low-medium)
- Replays fail to update skill-quickbar when switching dg
- Replays act weird when selecting demigod while dead (show another demigod or none)

September 23, 2009 2:30:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Replays have a bug were when you change from one character to observer you can see the persons abilities and cooldowns of the last person you clicked on

this also occurs when switching between demigods(rook has erebus's abilities):

September 23, 2009 2:42:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Does this take precedence over or is it complementary with Star Dock’s official Issue/Bug list?

Do you wish us to post all bugs, or just the ones that come from the main features of 1.2?

September 23, 2009 3:24:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi,

• Spells or Abiliy "zone" sometimes not showing up (you know, the circle that shows, for example, the limits of a fireball, or Bat swarm).

September 23, 2009 8:01:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Endless connectivity screen in game.  Playing a 4v4.  The connectivity screen popped up.  We could all chat.  No movement on the screen.  The connectivity screen stayed up.  We wait 5-10 min.  Nothing happened.  Someone disconnects.  Nothing happens.  Someone else disconnects - we see desync message and game ends. This behavior is new and appears to be caused by desync handling in 1.19. 

September 23, 2009 8:21:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting FidelCastrol,
Hi,

Spells or Abiliy "zone" sometimes not showing up (you know, the circle that shows, for example, the limits of a fireball, or Bat swarm).

this happend to me even before 1.19. but i never have seen this happening 2 weeks ago or before.

September 23, 2009 8:35:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Replays

• Shadow fidelity stuck at Medium even when set to High in options. (observed while viewing a replay in Cataract)
  • Mouse over unit HP panel doesn't normally appear when in observer mode. If the user switches focus to a player, the mouse over unit HP panel appears correctly. However, if the user subsequently switches back to observer mode, the mouse over HP panel still appears in the colours theme of the previous player in focus. Request mouse over HP panel to appear in observer mode too, but in neutral colours.
  • Not sure if it's intended, but mini map is empty is observer mode.

September 23, 2009 8:36:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this happend to me even before 1.19. but i never have seen this happening 2 weeks ago or before.

Same here. I was playing on Crucible and noticed that the Warping ability of the Cloak of Night was suddenly missing the range circle when I was trying to use it.

September 23, 2009 9:18:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

watching over this replay bugs i wonder if the replay function has ever been tested before release. this bugs do not seem to be rarly occuring things that may have not been able to observe during the development.

September 23, 2009 9:32:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

watching over this replay bugs i wonder if the replay function has ever been tested before release. this bugs do not seem to be rarly occuring things that may have not been able to observe during the development.

I can only conclude that these didn't surface during their internal testing.

Whatever the case, we can help catch these bugs with such helpful threads. It's not completely 1.2 yet. I kinda regard this 1.19 as a public beta of the eventual 1.2.

September 23, 2009 10:15:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

HP and mana numerical values sometimes do not show up over the bars at the bottom of the interface. It seems to require that I die before they start showing up again. In the meantime mousing over the bars does make the values pop up but they vanish again once the pointer leaves the area.

September 23, 2009 10:19:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Does this take precedence over or is it complementary with Star Dock’s official Issue/Bug list?

Feel free to note any new issues, I'll scratch off the fixes and update the sticky after I go through the Elemental reports.

September 23, 2009 11:29:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not sure if this is a 1.19 issue, I recall having this problem sometime before, but it was very repeatable yesterday after 1.19.

Join custom game

Try to move slots to opposite team

To YOURSELF, you look like you moved, but to the rest of the players, you moved down for a moment and then was bounced back to your original spot.

Others can not move to the slot you tried to moved to.

anyone else see this problem?

September 23, 2009 3:32:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Replays: If the character you are observing in a Replay dies, the 'death sound' that normally plays when you are dead starts playing.  However, it doesn't stop playing ever, and will be in the background of the music until end of game. To get this to happen, you MAY need to switch to observing another player while 'dead' so that the come back to life event never triggers.

Replays: Shop and citadel screens popping up... This is likely not a bug, but it may be a bad idea.  You can't see what they purchase (Screen doesn't refresh) so it won't help you observe their actions.  It DOES let you know they visited that place, but that's about it.

Normal Game: I bought an item, narmoth's ring.  Then died before I ever brought up my character window.  While dead, if I bring up my character window, the ring doesn't show up in my inventory.  After I revived the item reappeared.  Note that the buff from the ring seemed to be working fine. I'm guessing the 'check for items' method isn't being run to get new item lists while the person is dead.

September 23, 2009 8:07:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

after 1.19 patch i was droped to the desk top 4 times and froze on a grey screen twice it happened again today. i did not have this issue before the patch when it freezes on the grey screen i have to hard shut down to get back in the game. i am fine in the lobby but this has happened both in the custom game load  screen and in the pantheon load screen also mid way through the game thought it might be my connection but speed test before and after at 3.68 dl and .84 up

September 23, 2009 9:26:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fixed unable to join dialog/tooltip.

i still get "success" or "no text at all" messages when i join a game.

September 23, 2009 10:42:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi,

when I went back to the healing crystal (played Oak) one of my monks stucked at the citadel and then the Monk went into the citadel and disappeared. The Monk didnt get out until i used a teleporting scroll.

Looks like it is possible again to send Minions into the citadel. If u need the replay, PM me so I can send it to you.

It is reproducable, happened each game since update.

September 23, 2009 10:56:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Alterschism,
HP and mana numerical values sometimes do not show up over the bars at the bottom of the interface. It seems to require that I die before they start showing up again. In the meantime mousing over the bars does make the values pop up but they vanish again once the pointer leaves the area.

They have been like this for me from the start.... values never show except when I hover cursor over them.

I dont know if this is a bug, or intentional - but Demigods cannot walk past minions. If theres a stack of summoned minions in a lane and you turn to flee you get trapped underfoot by them. IMHO a demigod should get right away of pathing because he is bigger and meaner than a minion. Many times I get caught on a corner because a priest or other is stuck there, and blocks my DG path.

September 23, 2009 11:00:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First, let me apologize for the replay UI bugs. I did most of the work on that and did my best to try and track down every little bug, but apparentlky I missed some. I stayed late tonight to make sure to get those fixes in for 1.2, and I am pretty sure I got them all.

The minimap issue is a little different because that requires someone to create new textures for the minimap, so that may or may not happen. I have a request in, so we will see what happens.

Zechnophobe: Shop and citidel screens will pop-up if the person you are viewing (including AI) visits a shop while you are watching them.

Alterschism: Health and Mana bar text (the numbers) is not supposed to be viewable unless you hover over it. If I am not understanding you correctly, please let me know.

The minion item stacking issue is my next project (there are a few of them). The problem is it will have to go through a balance check first. It should not be a problem, but you never know. If it doesn;t make it into 1.2 rest assured we know about it and are working on fixing it.

September 23, 2009 11:09:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting -Sorian-,
First, let me apologize for the replay UI bugs. I did most of the work on that and did my best to try and track down every little bug, but apparentlky I missed some. I stayed late tonight to make sure to get those fixes in for 1.2, and I am pretty sure I got them all..

Great to see you posting here. Please do not apologize. Replays were released in a good state and the bugs I have encountered are minimal compared to the benefit they bring the community.

Good job on this one.

September 23, 2009 11:45:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting -Sorian-,
First, let me apologize for the replay UI bugs. I did most of the work on that and did my best to try and track down every little bug, but apparentlky I missed some. I stayed late tonight to make sure to get those fixes in for 1.2, and I am pretty sure I got them all.

The minimap issue is a little different because that requires someone to create new textures for the minimap, so that may or may not happen. I have a request in, so we will see what happens.

Zechnophobe: Shop and citidel screens will pop-up if the person you are viewing (including AI) visits a shop while you are watching them.

Alterschism: Health and Mana bar text (the numbers) is not supposed to be viewable unless you hover over it. If I am not understanding you correctly, please let me know.

The minion item stacking issue is my next project (there are a few of them). The problem is it will have to go through a balance check first. It should not be a problem, but you never know. If it doesn;t make it into 1.2 rest assured we know about it and are working on fixing it.

Be sure to check the modding TRAC site. If you can't get code, you ususally can get info on some bugs and solving ideas. Some things are really awesome... like the selfcast with Crtl+# done by gunblob.

September 24, 2009 1:10:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2 new bugs I noticed today. (don't know if they were there before.)

1. When you have idols and sell them as I did to get gold for a citadel upgrade, the summon idol icons remain and also when you click them they cast. Though no minions summon, and I don't think I lost mana.

2. I won the game, and Omen was my teammate. Omen got 5 kills in the game. I got 4 kills in the game. For the awards in the victory screen, we BOTH got the Kills award. our 3rd teammate also got 4 kills like me, but did not get the kills award.

September 24, 2009 1:56:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

found another bug that i have only encountered in this patch. this could be due to a different language, im not sure. i will remove if this is the case.

September 24, 2009 2:10:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

QoT's shamblers generally won't close into firing range against stationary or fleeing targets. They must manually be guided into range.

September 24, 2009 6:04:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

On multi-monitor configuration mouse can move freely to another monitor during game. Annoying.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000781   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.