The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Windows 7 is... happy?

By on September 11, 2009 12:21:23 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
+41 Karma | 5 Replies
September 11, 2009 10:46:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah, it is a bit wierd.

That said, I've been liking the windows 7 RC I've been running, it's great

September 11, 2009 11:20:38 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Makes me think of the Paranoia RPG.  

September 11, 2009 12:22:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

for some reason having a child, that can't pronounce the words she is trying to use, make a decent looking slide show with fairly epic music completely destroys any credit that commercial might have for me.  I could suspend disbelief for a resteraunt or something a small child might get excited seeing, but not for a new OS.  I love windows 7, and if I wasn't so deticated to buying it this commercial might make me NOT buy it.  

Its like, if they have a solid product, why much they be reduced to such a low marketing scheme as "we'll have a small child.  And the child will call windows 7 and its reviews 'happy'."   I just imagine some super dirty marketing department rubbing their hands together and saying "yes, the ignorant masses can't resist children.  They will eat it up"

September 11, 2009 2:06:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Have wanted to try it, a friend has it on their laptop, way cool!!! 

Of course, its well... haha, not quite here yet, and my laptop doesnt have an upgrade option, so

that means.... hmmmm..... buying it at retail. I have thought of going back to xp. but doesnt have

all the software for the different programs on it, and so dont know about that.

Anyway,    Might be a nice difference from Vista though.  Faster maybe, ahhhhh.... now that would be nice! 

-Teal

September 16, 2009 6:47:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

for some reason having a child, that can't pronounce the words she is trying to use, make a decent looking slide show with fairly epic music completely destroys any credit that commercial might have for me.

Haven't seen the little kiddos that populate Bellevue and Redmond public schools, have you?  Many are scary smart.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000063   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.