The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod, I cant play it...

By on August 31, 2009 8:04:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

invadermugwi

Join Date 08/2009
+1

Hey...I bought the game today, and I went to start it up. I was hearing no sound through the intro things, and when I finally got the the intro movie, the sound would skip. I just skipped it, and when I went to Tournyment under single player, I clicked new, and the Tourch Bearer started talking, and I hear something along these lines :    "I i i i i i i i sh sh sh sh shal bur bur bur bur burn this wor wor wor wor wor world."   You get the idea...I just skipped it after trying to fix it, went into the game, and got to play at like...2 fps....My computer -can- handle the specs, and I know it. I even bought an extra gig of ram to play it with. My question is....what the heck is wrong?

Locked Post 50 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 1, 2009 2:30:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you can have XP legally, take that. Windows 7 isn't too far away, and is superior to Vista in every way possible.

September 1, 2009 2:36:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting invadermugwi,

Quoting Sly_Squash, reply 24Yes, you will need a 400W or higher with your new system.

Ah, got ya. Ok, Ill have to search Newegg for one. How bout my Edit Question? Im thinking its just a matter of preferance, but I could be wrong.

Edit : Found a nice cheap one, 430W :  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153023

Power supplies are items that get heavily discounted regularly.  If you have time to wait, keep checking newegg and you'll find better ones ($100) that are like $50 off instant rebate then $30 off mail in rebate probably within a week or so.

Buying a cheaper one at 430W is fine IMO (not in everyone's opinion), so don't worry if you wanna pick up that one.  Just expect that it may die in a year or two.

Quoting ZehDon,
If you can have XP legally, take that. Windows 7 isn't too far away, and is superior to Vista in every way possible.

If you check the OS quote that was linked, it was Vista x64 Home Premium with an upgrade coupon for Windows 7. 

@invadermugwi: This is a Good Thing because Windows 7 roxors but you can't buy it on the market yet.  However it is a Bad Thing in that you'll need to reinstall your OS in a few months.  Buying Vista with an upgrade ticket to Windows 7 is the way to go... don't get anything with Vista on it if they don't give you the ticket...

September 1, 2009 2:41:26 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ah, didnt see that. Alright, Ill have to stick with that then, lol. Extra 100$ bucks, but it sounds worth it. And I think Ill go with the Cheapo PS. It may break down in a year, or it may not, I could get lucky, and it looks like a nice deal. Without a Case, Im sitting at about 609$ for the comp

http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Submit=view if you want to take a look. Seems like a nice one, Im wondering if I cant just use my old case for it. (I know, Im being really price picky, but I dont have too much to work with xP)

September 1, 2009 2:43:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I stand corrected; sorry, didn't notice the upgrade ticket. Sly is correct.

September 1, 2009 2:47:07 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting ZehDon,
I stand corrected; sorry, didn't notice the upgrade ticket. Sly is correct.

Man, dont apologize, this is the most helpful and friendly forum community I have every seen, lol. I thank you sincerly for all the help ive been getting

September 1, 2009 3:00:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That case/PS combo actually doesn't look too bad for the price.  It's a refurb, so it may have scratches or fail a bit quicker, but I've never had problems with refurbs and I think that will work well for you.

September 1, 2009 3:03:07 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ya, and I just put together a quick fund thing. At the end of it all, before I get my next check, Ill have  $371.84 / $627.93 for the comp

And if I really wanted to just use XP (Though the windows 7 thing seems better) Can make it a whole 100$ cheaper, lol.

Not too bad for putting together in a day I dont say, eh guys?

Edit : Think Ima head to bed for now though. Again, to everyone who posted : You all rock, you were very helpful and I appritiate it all. Im glad to know more kind human beings still exist out there. Thanks so much. Will check postings tommorow

September 1, 2009 3:11:32 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Also, quickly while Im thinking about it, the motherboard I was linked : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186168

Has 4 RAM slots, and the ram that was suggested with it was the DDR3 Ram http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231180

I was wondering if Id be able to put in the DDR2 Ram I just bought to go with it. IDK if it would conflict or anything, but its a nice brand new stick of DDR2 1GB Ram

1GB , DDR2, PC2-5300, 667MHz are the specs of it.

September 1, 2009 3:13:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you're heading to college (or in college) you will probably be getting Windows 7 for free or at a big discount through the school, so sticking it out with a copy of XP you have on hand for a while is a fine choice.

Edit: The motherboard you linked only accepts DDR3 RAM.  You will not be able to use DDR2 RAM with it.

September 1, 2009 7:26:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

that colllection of components is a really cheap gaming computer when put together...except that I left out the optical drive,...no, sorry the ddr2 is incompatible...There are a lot of user errors commited by people, often, when there is a problem, it's the builder (like a first time builders) fault. Not that they are doing anything terrible, but sometimes the reviews are full of grievances that they brought on themselves. IDK about that guys case. I have the same card in my office computer, it runs demigod at 1680x1050 @4xAA at a very playable framerate, with a much older cpu (older athlon dual core).

September 1, 2009 9:22:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting invadermugwi,

Edit : Found a nice cheap one, 430W :  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153023

Great choice.

You don't need a sound card as all motherboards come with a sound card and lan on the board.  Not sure your budget, but if it is around $500-600, then this is the best you can do:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclock-e5200-radeon,2144.html

This article should give you a great base.  I built my sisters computer from this and it is far better than mine, easily overclackable to 3.2GHz.  To the point I don't need to worry even though it is 2000 miles away from me.  Alot of the components are now cheaper, and you can tweak it how you like.  The 4870, which is a kick ass card can now be had for $110 with MIR, $120 w/o MIR, where they have it listed for $200.  If you are willing to be patients, I usually rob newegg.com on Thanksgiving Black Friday Sales.

September 1, 2009 9:38:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorry, didn't see the second page.  Obviously you can't install DDR2 into a DDR3 motherboard.  Some motherboards support both types, but you can still only install one at a time.

September 1, 2009 10:08:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sly_Squash,

Power supplies are items that get heavily discounted regularly.  If you have time to wait, keep checking newegg and you'll find better ones ($100) that are like $50 off instant rebate then $30 off mail in rebate probably within a week or so.

Case in point.

September 1, 2009 10:25:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BTW, can't see your cart.  You need to post it as a public cart or wish list or something, forgot which.

September 1, 2009 10:41:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,
BTW, can't see your cart.  You need to post it as a public cart or wish list or something, forgot which.

Fixed.

September 1, 2009 10:57:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sly_Squash,

Quoting Trigeminal, reply 40BTW, can't see your cart.  You need to post it as a public cart or wish list or something, forgot which.
Fixed.

Not you, I meant invadermugwi cart.

September 1, 2009 11:00:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My brother was having a similar issue, after 3 months of tinkering and talking with Stardock tech nothing worked so I just reformatted his harddrive and that got it working. I know its a pain, but if it's been awhile since you gave your computer a fresh install, it might be worth it.

It also wasnt a video/sound card issue, as we swapped parts for his machine with newer cards and it would still kick into an audio loop then crash.

September 1, 2009 11:08:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Bloodsoda,
My brother was having a similar issue, after 3 months of tinkering and talking with Stardock tech nothing worked so I just reformatted his harddrive and that got it working. I know its a pain, but if it's been awhile since you gave your computer a fresh install, it might be worth it.

It also wasnt a video/sound card issue, as we swapped parts for his machine with newer cards and it would still kick into an audio loop then crash.

Not to be rude, but if you had bothered to read the first page, you would have likely noticed the ingrated NVIDIA 6Series chip as the only graphics processor.  I don't care what he does, hell install a $1000 core i7, and he isn't going to run demigod with that chip.

A defrag or worst case scenario, a frech install, can of course help a system preform a bit better, especially if there is a driver issue or hardware conflict, but that is clearly not the case here.

September 1, 2009 11:57:04 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Cool. Well, I wish I new how to make my Cart Viewable, but its basically everything that Aias Linked to me on the first page. All together its gonna be about 630$ For meh new Computer. Gonna start savin! Thanks for the help everyone! If your sitting around with nothing to do and happen to find an upgrade to something thats a good deal, post it on here, Ill be sure to check it out, and ill definatly be comeing back here for any questions I may have!

September 1, 2009 12:35:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Let us know closer to when you are about to purchase it, depending on when that is a lot of things can change.

September 1, 2009 5:35:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,

Not to be rude, but if you had bothered to read the first page, you would have likely noticed the ingrated NVIDIA 6Series chip as the only graphics processor.  I don't care what he does, hell install a $1000 core i7, and he isn't going to run demigod with that chip.

A defrag or worst case scenario, a frech install, can of course help a system preform a bit better, especially if there is a driver issue or hardware conflict, but that is clearly not the case here.

I did

Perhaps I wasn't as clear. What I was implying is that my brother had an older video card, we upgraded that, and he was still running into those same issues until we reformatted. I don't think whatever is causing this particular audio loop is an issue with the age of video card. I'm sure the card being as old as it is will cause it's own set or issues, but I believe this bug is being cause by an unknown source.

September 2, 2009 5:45:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Bloodsoda,

Quoting Trigeminal, reply 44

I did

Perhaps I wasn't as clear. What I was implying is that my brother had an older video card, we upgraded that, and he was still running into those same issues until we reformatted. I don't think whatever is causing this particular audio loop is an issue with the age of video card. I'm sure the card being as old as it is will cause it's own set or issues, but I believe this bug is being cause by an unknown source.

An unknown source really? Given that his video card is that old and he's on an older single core processor AND he didn't list a separate sound card do you want to bet a MILLION GAJILLION dollars he was using integrated sound on the MoBo and that just isn't gunna cut it on such an old system either...

*sigh* kids these days...

September 2, 2009 11:38:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Lugh,

*sigh* kids these days...

I tell you what, if Invadermugwi switches his video card and his audio loop is fixed, I'll buy you an adult drink of your choosin or MILLION GAJILLION dollars. Whichever you think you're most likely to recieve. If not, you owe me some apple juice in a sippy cup.

December 7, 2014 2:10:24 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This is a serious problem,you should find a professional person to help you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url=http://www.ourcase.co.uk][color=#393333]phone accessory[/color][/url]

[url=http://www.ourcase.co.uk/category-sony-xperia-m2-accessories-14.html][color=#393333]sony xperia m2 case[/color][/url]

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time: