The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Algorithm for pre-mades

By on August 30, 2009 3:57:26 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

Now, I don’t have a problem with pre-mades (teams who play together online). That’s a great thing in fact as long as the other side understands that.

What I would like to see is something like the above. Where it looks at the player’s record and sees how many games this person has had the other people on that team in their game. Just information so people can make choices.

Locked Post 55 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 2, 2009 3:39:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Some of these posts have this idea of a premade %, or, in OP, "on this team %".  How do you define that?  Is it just all the games with that exact combination of players?  What if you have a team of 4 players where 3 usually go a pub-stomping but they decide to 4v4 with some extra person?  Still a premade?  Would it be unfair to the other team to say it's not a premade?  Premades are really just too hard to define fairly.

Besides, premades are usually not the problem; it's the people they play against.  Premades don't even need team skill to win most of their games; the chances of a pug having a noob are quite high.  A measure of experience is what's most needed (don't use the silly one in stats pages).  For lack of a better idea, #wins, #games played (or #losses), and #games left (I hate leavers) would be pretty useful, and if you still want to try to determine premades, #wins/#games played with each person on their team (maybe also put the number of games played AGAINST that person, because eventually I might have 50 games with Player X, which would make it look like a premade, but I also have 100 games against him so we really just play at the same time of the day).

September 9, 2009 3:22:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What if % premade was only counted in the past 10 games.  I have 200+ games under my belt, and only 20-30 of the most recent with a premade, no more then 10 with the same 2 players (10+ people I play with).  If you didn't see my clan tag it would not be obvious by stats that we're a premade.

If 3 or more of your past 10 games were with the same person you are a premade...  you both know how each other play and can coordinate better then 2 random people.  Instead of listing percent (easily skewed) you would post "premade size"  0,1,2,3 or 4 of the players on my current team have been on my team in 3 or more of my past 10 (or 20, ect) games.

One more thing, is that I need to be able to qualify the sim speeds of players before starting a game. I have been in a number of games, where the sim speed of players was 1 at the beginning of the game. Needless to say, as the game progessed, it became a slideshow. Too many players are making all players suffer because they chose a map or graphics setting for which their system isn't suitable.

I will paypal you $20 Frogboy if you get us "% games with negative simspeed" in there as well

September 24, 2009 12:01:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Instead of all these calculations... why not make something similar to skirmish mode, but you can join with a team. This way its pre vs pre. And the community will frown upon pre's in custom games. This means pre's have a place to play, and pugs have a place to play.

All the Alt + tabbing to check stats, game historys to find pre's etc. is a pain, also considering DG is most likely to crash in the lobby, and most likely when you try to alt + tab back into the game (atleast it's like that for me, and everyone I play with, and most people I've talked to, but who knows).

September 24, 2009 11:51:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

to playgroundlegend:

to aviod crashes play in window mode

September 24, 2009 2:39:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But I have this sweet wide screen monitor

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.