The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Patch 1.2] Petition

Help me to persuade the developers for saving the game...

By on August 26, 2009 3:21:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

GPG and Stardock, please take your time for the next patch. Include Modding support, the 2 new DGs, better balancing and bug fixes without producing new ones. Enable a premade Pantheon/skirmish search. Slightly improve connection stability. If you include all these things in the next patch, there will be a wave of new players, and many old players will return. Just believe us. It is better than releasing a bugged patch every 2 weeks only to release another patch the next week fixing the bugs of the former one.

+1 Karma | 24 Replies
August 26, 2009 3:39:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it will not happen. And this post will probably be closed as well.

August 26, 2009 4:11:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This might have been good advice for before they even released the game.

At this point I say just get the stuff out ASAP and see what happens.

August 26, 2009 4:22:40 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Just wait and see.

August 26, 2009 6:14:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like making presumptions aswell... and i too would like a huge content mod support patch... but i'll wait and see what GPG delivers in this next patch before i decide what it is or isnt.

August 27, 2009 2:05:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I haven't expierenced bug's with any Demigod patch, 2 week patches or 2 month patches.

August 28, 2009 6:59:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In the next patch i only care about 1 thing. And if i don't get it i'm leaving and will not encourage any one to buy this game.

1. Stability. i want this game to crash less. I never want to see a desync problem again.  I don't want to crash in the lobby (how is that even possible!!!)

I dont care about new demigods or maps. I just want the damn game to work better.

Now if i was going for number 2. It would be to have more players. Get ride of skrmish so we can get more palyers in custom. Give the game away or at a great discount so we can get more players. i'm tried of playing with the same 30 people each night. I should ever know the name of ALL the players that join at any given time.....

August 28, 2009 11:35:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, rushing things is not a good ideea. But i think SD/GPG took their time with this one and will deliver as promised.

August 28, 2009 3:28:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

/signed

August 29, 2009 7:20:09 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting wraid,
Yeah, rushing things is not a good ideea. But i think SD/GPG took their time with this one and will deliver as promised.

I truly hope you are right.  I don't want to flush this product down the proverbial toilet just a few scant months after I purchase it.

September 6, 2009 4:04:39 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hey guys, was just checking to see if 1.2 was releasing as it was said everywhere in August.. Nope, just like everything else this game has brought us.. I stopped playing about 2-3 months ago because everything that was promissed was a lie, so just like them to do it again. Was looking forward to the 1.2 patch, maybe i would play again, but 6 days overdue, I'll pass on being the bug tester for this game anymore. bye!

September 6, 2009 5:22:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Your an idiot, please don't come back.

September 6, 2009 6:16:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I play LoL closed beta and have much fun. Lets see what lol is like when its released. m aybe itll be shit because of micropayment...

September 6, 2009 7:20:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorry man... I think we all have different priorities and perspectives for this game.

All I really care about is two things:

1. No more AI when someone dcs.  I don't want to hear Frogboy talking about "Oh, well GPGs is maybe going to look into instituting a systeme where the players can vote on how much gold you get for killing an AI..."  Jesus, just get rid of the Demigod and give the remaining players the gold he'd be earning.  You'll probably still lose being a man down, its not perfect, but it would be WAY better than what it is and GPG might actually be able to pull it off for the next patch.

2. Show the stats on how many games played.  We could actually know the games going to be competitive and beginners can be sent to a beginner game where they'll have alot more fun than being yelled at in a "Pro" game.

Sorry bro, you can keep your modding.  Heard its not possible without 12k worth of software anyway.

September 6, 2009 11:17:24 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Modding is definitely going to be possible. What you are referring to is creating new Demigods. Creating new Demigods is going to reauire a Granny3D exporter, which is expensive.

September 6, 2009 11:25:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorry bro, you can keep your modding.  Heard its not possible without 12k worth of software anyway.

Technically, all you need is an unpacker software (7zip or WinRAR will do) and a text editor to start modding. The snag appears to be applicable only to modding in new Demigods or maps perhaps since Granny 3D is required. We've already seen several mods, including bman's excellent UI mod that shows the HP/MP of your team mates. All that's required is for the game to actually support these online gracefully.

Also, having seen that youtube video where the author made a new Demigod resembling a bottle of pills shooting flaming capsules, I've little doubt that we would eventually see a healthy pool of modders inventing new Demigods and such.

September 6, 2009 3:03:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're asking for a lot in your post, that's about 2 years in GPG time.

September 6, 2009 3:41:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,

Ironic that there's two grammatical errors in a post where you insult someone else's intelligence. 

OT: Yeah, I'm glad they're taking some time with this.  I hope that the new assassin demigod is at least semi-balanced or we'll be seeing another era of meaningless stats...

September 6, 2009 8:28:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sly_Squash,
Ironic that there's two grammatical errors in a post where you insult someone else's intelligence.

A lack of grammatical understanding doesn't imply nor preceed low intelligence, however pointing out a grammatical error as a sign of low intelligence for no reason other than to make yourself look more intelligent than person who has made the error is the sign of someone with nothing of note to say.

TL;DR: Troll.

September 6, 2009 9:38:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,

A lack of grammatical understanding doesn't imply nor preceed low intelligence

Actually it kinda does, which is why there is so much emphasis for academic publications, thesis, and dissertations to be spot-on.

Quoting ZehDon,
however pointing out a grammatical error as a sign of low intelligence for no reason other than to make yourself look more intelligent than person who has made the error is the sign of someone with nothing of note to say.

See the "on-topic" part of my post.

Quoting ZehDon,
TL;DR: Troll.

No this is trolling:

Quoting ZehDon,

I'm calling out the trolls and asking that they be more respectful with each other so that the community stops scaring the devs off.

So stop.  That's all there is to it.  kthxbai.

September 6, 2009 9:48:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've already told you to PM as opposed to making these kinds of posts.

September 6, 2009 9:53:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can't tell me to do anything; you can ask.  You want PMs, you PM me.

Thank you.

Good luck with this petition!  You have my support.

September 6, 2009 9:58:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

September 6, 2009 10:06:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fair enough.  Hopefully that's done.

As part of the stability fixes, I'm hoping for a fix to the alt-tab bug w/ sound notifications while alt-tabbed to indicate joiners.  The community is small so often games take a long time to get going.  It's almost inevitable that I'll want to alt-tab while I wait, but it would be nice if I could make it back to the game more often. 

September 6, 2009 10:41:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sly_Squash,

As part of the stability fixes, I'm hoping for a fix to the alt-tab bug w/ sound notifications while alt-tabbed to indicate joiners.  The community is small so often games take a long time to get going.  It's almost inevitable that I'll want to alt-tab while I wait, but it would be nice if I could make it back to the game more often. 

+1 to that. I've played other games as well where it took awhile for the game to fill and wished for the samething.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.