The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Favor item ideas

By on August 22, 2009 4:41:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im just gonna make a list of favor item ideas that come to my head and edit progressively.

ALSO, Exxcentric is willing to mod these into the game (when he has the time) so we can test them. So if anyone is interested in testing these items just post in this thread and post the items ur most interested in. Then we'd pick the most popular ones and go from there.  

1. Dejavu Essence
Passive
+400 max mana
+6 mana regen

Use
For 5 secs, the next skill you activate costs 25% less mana and recharges 50% faster.

2. Steel Skin
Passive
+300 health
+400 armour

You have a 10% chance on being hit of reflecting 75% dmg back to the source. (Does not work against skills)

3. Ice Shard
Passive
+25 attack
+ additional 25 dmg against structures.

Use
For 5 secs, nearby enemies move and attack 20% slower.

4. Searing Stone
Passive
Grants Aura of +5% attack and movement speed.
+ 15 attack

You have 10% chance on hit of causing 250 health degen over 3 secs.

5. Static Orb
Passive
+10% movement speed

Use
Stun target for .5 secs dealing 100 dmg.

6. Water of Life
Passive
+10 health regen
+5 mana regen

Use
For 10 secs, you gain 100% mana and health regen. Using a skill will break this effect.

7. Symbol of Growth
Passive
+10% max health
+10% max mana

Use
Target ally or structure heal for 600 health over 5 secs.

8. Mirror of Judgement
Passive
+10% attack speed

You have a 5% chance on hit of striking target for x2 critical dmg.

9. Scales of Fortune
Passive
+8 currency
-10% exp gained from minions

10. Empathic Amulet
Passive
+500 armour

Use
For 4 seconds, dmg dealt to target ally is divided in half between the two of you. The amount of dmg you recieve from this is then reduced according to how much armor you have.
(Amount of armour is turned into a percentage. 100 armour = 1% dmg reduction. eg. If you wore Nimoths Chest Plate (grants 1500 armor), you will negate the dmg you recieve by 15%. You gain another 5% dmg reduction due to this item).

11. Bleeding Heart
Passive
+300 max health
-5 health regen

You deal 25 dmg per second around you. (Ooze range)

12. Eye of Dominance
Passive
+60 dmg to enemy grunts

Use
Target enemy grunt is instantly killed, and deals AoE (slightly smaller than TB's circle of flame) dmg (50% of targets max health eg. if grunt had 500 health it would deal 250 dmg to nearby enemies).

13. Eye of Revelation
Use
For 3 secs, fog of war disappears. Enemies recieve 15% more dmg in this time.

14. Eye of Grace
Passive
+200 max health
+10 health regen

Use
For 8 secs, you gain 2 health regen for each minion in sight (caps at 15 minions).

15. Alchemist's Sceptor
Passive
-15% cooldown
+10% benefit from all potions
10% chance on hit to recieve 150 mana.

16. Eye of Guidance
Passive
Items that have a chance of activating an effect have a 25% higher chance to activate.

Exxcentric's collection of Item Ideas (i just modified a few slightly, for originals see exxentrics post #18)

Ether Stone:
Passive
Affects all creeps and allied demigods in range (radius size of bat swarm 1)
Regen Mana +20 aura
Regen Health +20 aura
(negative effects of this item only effect the user)
-7.5% total health
-7.5% total Mana

Gloves of Wonderment:
Passive
+5 % attack speed
5% chance to stun .5 sec on attack

Boots of Wealth:
Passive
+5% movement speed
+15% bonus income from kills, assists and creeps

Architects necklace:
Passive
+12.5% structure repair aura (size of bat swarm 1)
+12.5% structure damage aura (size of bat swarm 1)
+12.5% structure attack speed aura (size of bat swarm 1)

Use
regen mana +20 and + 35% for 8 seconds. Damage will break this effect. 45 sec cooldown.

Creature Creator:
Passive
+400 health
+20 minion health regen

Use
Spawns a lvl 3 random idol. Cooldown 45 secs.

Wand of Silence:
Passive
Decreases skill cooldown by 10%

Use
For 10 secs, Enemy demigod's next skill takes 100% longer to cooldown. CoolDown 30 sec.

Armourment:
Passive
+ evade 15%

Use
For 8 seconds you have increased armour +20%, evade +25% but lowered movement speed by -15%, (regen 45 sec)

Minion Commander: (general)
Passive
+5% minion movement speed
+15% minion damage
-10 % minion health

Use
For 15 seconds 15 % of damage you take will be distributed to your minions/idols, in this time, minion heals will be 10% more effective  (1 min regen)

Buckler of Shielding: (assasin only)
Passive
-400 health
+10 mana regen
+5% movement speed

Use
Summons a sheild (like Qot) that can absorb 1300 damage and removes negative effects (recast 45 seconds), cannot be cast on other demigods

Cap lock cloak:
Passive
+10% movement speed

Use
Cast time 2 secs. Cap lock (regen 1 minute)

Cloak of experience:
Passive
+15 % experience of all forms

Use
Aoe 300 damage, similar to heavens wrath but limited range (Max lvl batswarm range), regen same as HW.

Vile Falichon:
Passive
15% damage is armour piercing
+ 5% attack speed
+ 25 damage

Wand of Fast Casting:
Passive
+10 mana regen
+ 5% evade

Use
For 5 secs, you next spell casts 30% faster.

Furious Staff
Passive
+10% attack speed

Use
For 8 seconds spell damage is increased by 20% (regen 45 seconds)

Other ppl's ideas!

1. Bracelet of Echoes (Wraid)
When you hit an enemy, you will have a 20% chance to transfer that damage to any nearby enemies (range is a bit larger than sednas pounce).

2. Gem of Strength (XaviorsFist)
Passive
+15% max health
+15% dmg

+32 Karma | 67 Replies
August 22, 2009 4:58:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

that looks very nice gkrit, maybe steel skin is a bit too powerful but others are good. I especially like static orb which can be very valuable for reg or qot that dont have a stun/interrupt.

August 22, 2009 5:51:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thanks.  yeh i wasnt too sure about how much % chance i should make it. Maybe 50% reflected dmg?

August 22, 2009 7:26:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was thinking maybe reducing it to 5% chance and maybe 65% reflected?

I like the water of life idea, sounds just like the sort of item I would pick

I do think the static orb could be an interesting one but after doing some quick calculations I think searing stone is a bit too powerful

August 22, 2009 8:08:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

for steel skin i wanted the effect to occur often to make it seem slike it does something. but ill drop its chance a lil.

August 22, 2009 11:54:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like your Steel Skin idea too, though I think a small drop in the damage-reflection percentage wouldn't diminish the fact that it can be an extremely useful item. That extra +400 Health and +300 Armor would be very, very useful in the early stages of the game, and the damage-reflection would be quite useful in the later stages of the game, when enemy Demigods are starting to hit for alot more DPS. This seems like one item that can be really helpful throughout all of the game-stages. Nice idea.

August 22, 2009 7:46:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very very very good ideas. Steel Skin I agree is too strong. How about a 10% chance to negate all damage done by that attack. This would be a great tanking item which we are greatly lacking.

August 22, 2009 9:30:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thanks cypher and xavior, didnt think id get such a positive response lol.

xavior - what u posted there was my original idea. I changed it to reflect dmg coz i thought it would make this item more interesting and not make u an ELITE tank, coz end game some ppl rlly do get tanked and taking em out takes ages. With the dmg being reflected im making it so that u still get the full amount of dmg but 75% of that hits ur attacker. And it may not be as OP as u think (or more OP than I think lol) end game, if someone attacks for 300 dmg there is a 1 in 10 chance of 225 dmg being reflected bak. Also take into consideration that the less dmg you take the less effective the dmg reflection will be. I could be wrong though. If you still feel strongly about it being OP then ill change it up a bit more.

Cypher - yeh it would be good if favor items served their purpose throughout the entire length of the game but not be too OP.

August 24, 2009 3:42:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the steel skin. You could have the ability and just remove the stats maybe and it would be balanced I think.

August 24, 2009 3:58:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Its not an ability lol. its a passive effect. but ty

August 24, 2009 11:56:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Scales of fortune....doesn't an extra 2 gold from minions seem too little?

Got an ideea for an item too:

Bracelet of Echoes: When you hit an enemy, you will have a 20% chance to transfer that damage to any nearby enemies (range is a bit larger than sednas pounce).

August 25, 2009 4:02:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeh it does seem like a small amount but i tried to cater for fast spawn option, so that its not too OP. but i think im gonna change it now lol.

Ill put ur idea up top.

August 25, 2009 8:07:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah scales of fortune is a really weak one up there. That 20% xp could change the game while 1k gold isn't. Maybe take away the xp debuff and make it +8 gold a minion. This would allow maybe 4 or 5k extra per game which makes up for the disadvantage you would have for not having an overly useful favor item in the begining.

How about a health item with a 15% health increase with a +20 damage stacked on it.

August 26, 2009 1:40:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i added your idea up top just modified it a bit.

I also changed scales of fortune to give +8 currency instead of 2. I kept the exp debuff coz i think in the long run if they rlly wanted to counter it ... all they need is to buy the upgrade in the citadel and keep the exp flag capped). +8 is a big benefit imo.

August 26, 2009 4:31:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

3. Ice Shard
Passive
+25 attack
+ additional 25 dmg against structures.

Use
For 5 secs, nearby enemies move and attack 20% slower.

5. Static Orb
Passive
+10% movement speed

Use
Stun target for .5 secs dealing 100 dmg.

-------------------------------------------------------------

IMO these 2 would be OP because they would be completely battle changing. Otherwise your other ideas would be welcomed new favor items!+1

August 26, 2009 5:32:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thx.

but the reason i did them like that is becoz i wanted to make them appealing. Mards hammer has high dmg output regardless of what your attacking (+40dmg and +5% attack speed) in comparison to ice shard, and still no one uses it that much. This is why i brought in a use that can somewhat aid you in a tough situation and gave a circumstantial secondary passive (+25 to towers). 

but i guess the only way we could find out if we played with them .... unfortunately we cant

August 27, 2009 7:10:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for adding my idea and accepting criticism so well.

How about an item that is purely for line of sight. Maybe something that doubles your line of sight. This would be a tactical advantage and maybe if it is too strong you could just put a slight debuff on it.

August 27, 2009 7:47:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
thx.

but the reason i did them like that is becoz i wanted to make them appealing. Mards hammer has high dmg output regardless of what your attacking (+40dmg and +5% attack speed) in comparison to ice shard, and still no one uses it that much. This is why i brought in a use that can somewhat aid you in a tough situation and gave a circumstantial secondary passive (+25 to towers). 

but i guess the only way we could find out if we played with them .... unfortunately we cant

I was talking more about the slow. maxed claws only slows 10% and u are talking 20% on the ice shard

August 28, 2009 12:53:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really like them all gkrit;  

How about:

Ether Stone:

Passive:

Affects all creeps and allied demigods in range (radius size of bat swarm 1)

Regen Mana +20 aura

Regen Health +20 aura

(only owning demigod has the negative affects)

-7.5% total health

-7.5% total Mana

Gloves of Wonderment:

Passive:

+5 % attack speed

7.5 % chance to stun .5 sec on attack

Boots of Wealth:

Passive:

+5% movement speed

+15% bonus income from kills, assists and creeps

Architects necklace:

Passive:

Activated: regen mana +20 and + 35% for 8 seconds (regen 45 seconds) if damage is taken effect is removed

Creature Creator:

Passive:

+400 health

Activated :

Randomly spawns a lvl 3 idol (assassin only), regen 45 sec

Wand of Silence:

Passive:

Decreases skill cooldown by 10%

Activated:

Enemy demigod has increases cooldown of next skilled used for 10 seconds (activated similar to reg MotB) and causes -10% movement speed 5 seconds. (regen 30 sec)

Armourment:

Passive:

+ evade 15%

Activated effect:

For 8 seconds you have increased armour +20%, evade +25% but lowered movement speed by -15%, (regen 45 sec)

Minion Commander: (general)

Passive:

+5% minion movement speed

+15% minion damage

-10 % minion health

Activated:

For 15 seconds 15 % of damage you take will be distributed to your minions/idols, in this time, minion heals will be 10% more effective  (1 min regen)

Buckler of Shielding: (assasin only)

Passive

-400 health

+10 mana regen

+5% movement speed

Active:

Summons a sheild (like Qot) that can absorb 1300 damage and removes negative effects (recast 45 seconds), cannot be cast on other demigods

Cap lock cloak:

Passive:

+10% movement speed

Activated: Cap lock (regen 1 minute)

Cloak of experience:

Passive

+15 % experience of all forms

Activated: Aoe 300 damage, similar to heavens wrath but limited range (Max lvl batswarm range), regen same as HW.

Vile Falichon:

Passive:

15% damage is armour piercing

+ 5% attack speed

+ 25 damage

Wand of Fast Casting:

Passive:

+15 % casting speed

+10 mana regen

+ 5% evade

Furious Staff

Passive:

+ 400 health

Activated:

For 8 seconds spell damage is increased by 20% (regen 45 seconds)

Will put up more later but tell me what you think,

Also i might be interested in modding some of these into the game, i have been looking at LUA script and it does not look that difficult (maybe just change current favour items to these for testing) so let me know if you or anyone else would be interested in testing some of these out so we can recommend them to GPG/stardock

Cheers Exx

August 28, 2009 11:11:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was talking more about the slow. maxed claws only slows 10% and u are talking 20% on the ice shard

yeh, actually i might change it to just "reduce movement speed by 20%".

Also i might be interested in modding some of these into the game, i have been looking at LUA script and it does not look that difficult (maybe just change current favour items to these for testing) so let me know if you or anyone else would be interested in testing some of these out so we can recommend them to GPG/stardock

thx im glad u like them. ill put a hyperlink thingy to direct ppl to your post so others can see them (or ill just re post em up top if i cant get hyperlink to work and may  change a few slightly if thats alright with you).

lemme know if you gonna go further with this idea coz im interested in seeing how it will work.

August 28, 2009 8:20:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Change them all you like gkrit (i mean this is your thread lol) i was just trying to come up with some favour items that allowed users to do things that the current favour items ignore, catering more for specific builds:

ie. For a tower rook

Architects necklace:

Passive:

Activated: regen mana +20 and + 35% for 8 seconds (regen 45 seconds) if damage is taken effect is removed

On the note of modding, i am in the middle of writing my thesis atm (protein chemistry, arrg the pain!) so i will be a bit low on time till the start of next month but i will see wat i can do in terms of modding a few of the more popular ones over the current favour items.

Maybe if this thread gets enough interest we can come up with some sort of consensus as the which ones ppl like the most (maybe top 8) and i will try to get those into a mod which we can link here, ppl can download and try out themselves (play over himachi for balance testing etc)

cheers Exx

August 28, 2009 11:20:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2. Steel Skin

3. Ice Shard

4. Searing Stone

5. Static Orb

6. Water of Life

Im quite keen on seeing how these few items out of my list will work. Steel skin has had the most attention so far, so we should def test it (if we get to that stage).

out of your list id like to try...

Ether Stone

Armourment

Vile Falichon

Wand of Fast Casting

Furious Staff

we'll see how it goes .. hopefully more ppl r up to it. Ill pop some brief info about this up top.

August 29, 2009 8:57:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i like every single idea! and the effort put into them nice az bro. some do seem a lil op tho like Wand of Fast Casting and Mirror of Judgement - thats like a beasts dream come true lol.

August 29, 2009 11:53:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

kool kool ... yeh some may be a lil op but i cant judge out of game lol.

August 30, 2009 5:32:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ward Wall

Use:  Places a ward down.  All minions inside the ward cannont move out of the ward, all minions outside cannot move into the ward.  Area of circle same as a lane in cataract.  ward last 15 seconds, cast is 0.5 secs, cooldown is 50 secs.

Shadow Ward

Use:  Causes the area inside the ward to go black for 5 secs.  First 2 secs will be completely black with the last 3 blinking in a seizure like way.  Anything inside the ward while it is black cannot be targeted or be seen.  you can only see ur outline.  ward size same as lvl1 spirit ward.

now for shits and giggles

Megazord:

Gives bonuses on items purchased later in game.

Hungarling's Crown: -25% cooldown

Doomspite Grips: 20% lifesteal

Journeyman Treads: movement speed doesnt drop below 70%

Godplate: blocks 1 stun/interupt every 45 secs.

Warpstone:  Triples range to 45 yards with instant cast.

all 5 will give u the megazord idol.

Use: for 1k mana, instant cast, the megazord will rise to its mighty morphin greatness.  think giant power times 2.  cooldown is 1 min.  oh, and it gets lazers that are like rook archer towers for flashy goodness.

Unlearn Spell

Use: causes target to move back a space in their skill tree for a random skill.  skill point will be maintained but must be reapplied.  interupts also.  cast is 1.5 secs, range is 15 yards.  cooldown is 40 secs.

Warscore drain:

Every hit on the enemy citadel decreases the enemy warscore by 3-5% of your damage.

Disguise cloak:

use: become a friendly grunt.  u have no armor in this mode and last 15 secs.  cast is instant, 55 sec cooldown.

Mega Mushroom:

Use: become 2-4x (depending on your demigod, for example rook only gets 2x while erebus gets 4x) your character model size with 500 armor.  last 7 secs, cast is 1 sec (animation will be rapidly alternating between the two models) and cooldown is 37 secs.

August 30, 2009 9:03:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Heaven's Mirror - All non-ability damage reflected for 3 seconds. takes on a very bright aura when in use. Cooldown 1 minute.

Ring of the trickster - Cast upon a target demigod reveals their line of sight for 30 seconds. 45 seconds cool. Also has a 15% evasion passive.

Armour of Futility - 5% of all damage received is converted into its equivilant mana.

Desperation Crown - When health is below 20%, attack speed is increased by 50% for 10 seconds. Passive +300 armour.

Inner Turmoil - Cast time 1s. Provides 25% evsaion for 10 seconds and knocks back enemy demigodsa fair distance. 45 seconds cooldown. Works only against enemy demigods.

Bubble of Strangulation - Castable bubble (similar in appearance but colour as bramble shield) inflicted upon enemy demigod. the bubble nullifies hp and mana regeneration to zero untill the enemy demigod has received 1000 damage. 1 minute cooldown. May not be re-cast upon an enemy wit hthe ability still in effect.

Architect - +30hps healing aura for buildings. Increased range and damage for allied buildings in an affected area for 15%. Passive.

Silence grunt trap - Summons a controllable grunt that is identical to the ingame first level creep. Does no damage, but when destroyed explodes in a cloud, silencing enemy demigods in the area for 7 seconds.

Object of Curiosity - A summonable invincible totem, lasting 45 seconds. All enemy creep will try to attack said totem as a priority when it is placed. Enemy demigods, if running past, will prioritise attacking the totem unless told to do something in particular.

Diamond Tipped Wrath - Castable only upon enemy demigods. Removes the damage reduction caused by armour for 7 seconds. 45 seconds cooldown. Instant cast. Bleediong pink aura and a mark of the betrayer-esque icon appearing on the afflicted demigod.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000281   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.