The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Favor item ideas

By on August 22, 2009 4:41:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im just gonna make a list of favor item ideas that come to my head and edit progressively.

ALSO, Exxcentric is willing to mod these into the game (when he has the time) so we can test them. So if anyone is interested in testing these items just post in this thread and post the items ur most interested in. Then we'd pick the most popular ones and go from there.  

1. Dejavu Essence
Passive
+400 max mana
+6 mana regen

Use
For 5 secs, the next skill you activate costs 25% less mana and recharges 50% faster.

2. Steel Skin
Passive
+300 health
+400 armour

You have a 10% chance on being hit of reflecting 75% dmg back to the source. (Does not work against skills)

3. Ice Shard
Passive
+25 attack
+ additional 25 dmg against structures.

Use
For 5 secs, nearby enemies move and attack 20% slower.

4. Searing Stone
Passive
Grants Aura of +5% attack and movement speed.
+ 15 attack

You have 10% chance on hit of causing 250 health degen over 3 secs.

5. Static Orb
Passive
+10% movement speed

Use
Stun target for .5 secs dealing 100 dmg.

6. Water of Life
Passive
+10 health regen
+5 mana regen

Use
For 10 secs, you gain 100% mana and health regen. Using a skill will break this effect.

7. Symbol of Growth
Passive
+10% max health
+10% max mana

Use
Target ally or structure heal for 600 health over 5 secs.

8. Mirror of Judgement
Passive
+10% attack speed

You have a 5% chance on hit of striking target for x2 critical dmg.

9. Scales of Fortune
Passive
+8 currency
-10% exp gained from minions

10. Empathic Amulet
Passive
+500 armour

Use
For 4 seconds, dmg dealt to target ally is divided in half between the two of you. The amount of dmg you recieve from this is then reduced according to how much armor you have.
(Amount of armour is turned into a percentage. 100 armour = 1% dmg reduction. eg. If you wore Nimoths Chest Plate (grants 1500 armor), you will negate the dmg you recieve by 15%. You gain another 5% dmg reduction due to this item).

11. Bleeding Heart
Passive
+300 max health
-5 health regen

You deal 25 dmg per second around you. (Ooze range)

12. Eye of Dominance
Passive
+60 dmg to enemy grunts

Use
Target enemy grunt is instantly killed, and deals AoE (slightly smaller than TB's circle of flame) dmg (50% of targets max health eg. if grunt had 500 health it would deal 250 dmg to nearby enemies).

13. Eye of Revelation
Use
For 3 secs, fog of war disappears. Enemies recieve 15% more dmg in this time.

14. Eye of Grace
Passive
+200 max health
+10 health regen

Use
For 8 secs, you gain 2 health regen for each minion in sight (caps at 15 minions).

15. Alchemist's Sceptor
Passive
-15% cooldown
+10% benefit from all potions
10% chance on hit to recieve 150 mana.

16. Eye of Guidance
Passive
Items that have a chance of activating an effect have a 25% higher chance to activate.

Exxcentric's collection of Item Ideas (i just modified a few slightly, for originals see exxentrics post #18)

Ether Stone:
Passive
Affects all creeps and allied demigods in range (radius size of bat swarm 1)
Regen Mana +20 aura
Regen Health +20 aura
(negative effects of this item only effect the user)
-7.5% total health
-7.5% total Mana

Gloves of Wonderment:
Passive
+5 % attack speed
5% chance to stun .5 sec on attack

Boots of Wealth:
Passive
+5% movement speed
+15% bonus income from kills, assists and creeps

Architects necklace:
Passive
+12.5% structure repair aura (size of bat swarm 1)
+12.5% structure damage aura (size of bat swarm 1)
+12.5% structure attack speed aura (size of bat swarm 1)

Use
regen mana +20 and + 35% for 8 seconds. Damage will break this effect. 45 sec cooldown.

Creature Creator:
Passive
+400 health
+20 minion health regen

Use
Spawns a lvl 3 random idol. Cooldown 45 secs.

Wand of Silence:
Passive
Decreases skill cooldown by 10%

Use
For 10 secs, Enemy demigod's next skill takes 100% longer to cooldown. CoolDown 30 sec.

Armourment:
Passive
+ evade 15%

Use
For 8 seconds you have increased armour +20%, evade +25% but lowered movement speed by -15%, (regen 45 sec)

Minion Commander: (general)
Passive
+5% minion movement speed
+15% minion damage
-10 % minion health

Use
For 15 seconds 15 % of damage you take will be distributed to your minions/idols, in this time, minion heals will be 10% more effective  (1 min regen)

Buckler of Shielding: (assasin only)
Passive
-400 health
+10 mana regen
+5% movement speed

Use
Summons a sheild (like Qot) that can absorb 1300 damage and removes negative effects (recast 45 seconds), cannot be cast on other demigods

Cap lock cloak:
Passive
+10% movement speed

Use
Cast time 2 secs. Cap lock (regen 1 minute)

Cloak of experience:
Passive
+15 % experience of all forms

Use
Aoe 300 damage, similar to heavens wrath but limited range (Max lvl batswarm range), regen same as HW.

Vile Falichon:
Passive
15% damage is armour piercing
+ 5% attack speed
+ 25 damage

Wand of Fast Casting:
Passive
+10 mana regen
+ 5% evade

Use
For 5 secs, you next spell casts 30% faster.

Furious Staff
Passive
+10% attack speed

Use
For 8 seconds spell damage is increased by 20% (regen 45 seconds)

Other ppl's ideas!

1. Bracelet of Echoes (Wraid)
When you hit an enemy, you will have a 20% chance to transfer that damage to any nearby enemies (range is a bit larger than sednas pounce).

2. Gem of Strength (XaviorsFist)
Passive
+15% max health
+15% dmg

+32 Karma | 67 Replies
November 16, 2009 10:33:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

added 15. Alchemist's Sceptor

November 17, 2009 11:37:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great ideas!

November 18, 2009 2:11:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When I look at the selection of current favor items, I can't help but notice that most of them mimic purchasable items, or citadel upgrades, or even some abilities in some way, shape, or form.  Also, most tend to be rather simple.  When I use those observations as general guidelines, a couple of gaps that could be filled pretty easily which I'm very surprised havent been mentioned yet.

For example, there should probably be some sort of lifesteal favor item developed.  Also, one that gave a % reduction to all damage (a la Bulwark) could be interesting. 

No current favor items give armour.  None of them offer crit chance.  None of them reflect damage or reduce attack speed of enemies.  None of them give a cleave effect, or increase all damage taken by enemies.

As for some wild and crazy ideas, what if there was one with a counter heal aura, or one with a knock-back effect (could throw small enemies into the air, and large ones get knocked back x distance)?  Maybe one that increased warscore rate by a certain amount.

I'll admit, I'm too lazy to try and build these on my lunch break right now, but for you more ambitious types...

November 18, 2009 6:18:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When I look at the selection of current favor items, I can't help but notice that most of them mimic purchasable items, or citadel upgrades, or even some abilities in some way, shape, or form.

reason for this is ive tried to make majority of them easily implementable by not having new mechanics introduced.

November 18, 2009 6:23:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

added 16. Eye of Guidance

November 18, 2009 9:20:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol u never made fun of my new ideas! They are on the second page...

November 18, 2009 9:57:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

See here for introduction of these mods into game https://forums.demigodthegame.com/368975/#2447863- Also can i try to encourage everyone to begin to discuss which of these itmes they would like to see ingame most, Gkrit has posted his list of ones that he would like, pls copy this format

Ie post a top 5 list for me so i can try to implement the most sought after items.

Also note that following introduction of these items as favour items, they can be moved to other shops - ie artifact or standard shop to replace lesser used items if the community was to support such a change.

Exx

November 18, 2009 10:59:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmmm.... well i was wondering if at least one of mine would make it into your modding? Well if any of mine will be good, it will be this one. The artwork appears as very bloody and dark silver armor.

Blood-Brothers' Chest Gaurds: +6% Life Steal, + 5 HPS, + 650 armor , 15% chance to deal 1.5x more damage on an attack.

and if that one doesnt work, then i have one more....

Turiok Shaman Staff: + 550 Health, +35 HPS, +350 Minion Health, +55 Minion HPS.

and saddly if that one won't work, then i have one final one...

Daemon Slayer's Blade of Anarchy (long and awsome name, i know): + 45 Damage, - 15% HPS for 5 seconds (enemies only), 25% chance to deal 250 damage to target enemy.

Add these if u can, and i realize that u proly can't cause it ain't fair, but i can hope right? No, i'm guessen not..

November 18, 2009 11:11:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

out of those 3 unclean ... i like the blood-brothers' chest guards. the only think i think that needs to be dropped a little is the armor, maybe 450?.

November 18, 2009 11:22:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Charm of Mystery: +8 MPS, +8 HPS, 10% chance to block 400 damage, Use: Warp to target area, and one of these effects will take place: You are Healed for 800 HP and Gain +15 HPS, 850 Mana Restored, +30 MPS, All enemies in small radius will take 650 Damage and be stunned for .5 seconds. CD is 60 seconds  and move 10% faster for 5 secs.

Swashbuckler's Blunderbuss: +125 DMG, -15% attack speed, Use: You fire a massive round at target enemy, dealing 250 damage, and addtional damage the closer you are. This shot has a 25% chance to stun the target for 1 seconds. CD is 24.

Glacier Daemon's Soul: + 350 HP, + 350 Armor, +250 Mana, Use: For 10 seconds, you will gain an additional 1200 armor, and whenever you are attacked, you will gain 100 bonus armor, and the melee units who strike have their attack speed reduced by 4% for 8 secs (stacks). You will move 30% slower in this state.

ur right i changed em LOL. i couldnt help myself ....

November 18, 2009 11:33:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol yep, but they are still good right? lol i guess not lol with that evil Blunderbuss Unclean beast with a speed/wrath build can have 412.5 damage at level 1! He can get some attack speed items and cancel its debuff, or by lvl 2 be really devastating, lol

November 18, 2009 11:39:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

first two are easy,

Daemon Slayer's Blade of Anarchy (long and awsome name, i know): + 45 Damage, - 15% HPS for 5 seconds (enemies only), 25% chance to deal 250 damage to target enemy.

for this what do you mean by -15% hps for 5 sec? is it a weapon proc (how often?) ? an on use ability that targets a single person? an aura around your dg?

This is the biggest problem i am having with the modding, is comming up with the way that the ability will work as this is often where the balance will lay.

As for this:

When I look at the selection of current favor items, I can't help but notice that most of them mimic purchasable items, or citadel upgrades, or even some abilities in some way, shape, or form.  Also, most tend to be rather simple.  When I use those observations as general guidelines, a couple of gaps that could be filled pretty easily which I'm very surprised havent been mentioned yet.

For example, there should probably be some sort of lifesteal favor item developed.  Also, one that gave a % reduction to all damage (a la Bulwark) could be interesting. 

No current favor items give armour.  None of them offer crit chance.  None of them reflect damage or reduce attack speed of enemies.  None of them give a cleave effect, or increase all damage taken by enemies.

As for some wild and crazy ideas, what if there was one with a counter heal aura, or one with a knock-back effect (could throw small enemies into the air, and large ones get knocked back x distance)?  Maybe one that increased warscore rate by a certain amount.

I also have thought about these (particularly the counter healing) and most of these should be easy to impliment. KB effect may be difficult and damage REFELECT is not possible for me atm as i cannot find the damage handle. Damage reduction is easy tho.

November 18, 2009 11:50:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What i meant is that whenever you attack an enemy, they receive that effect. It is not an aura, it is an on hit effect, and happens each time you hit, but can only be stacked up to 3 times.

November 19, 2009 12:06:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok so you mean a weapon proc

Stacking -15HPS is REALLY going to hurt. I would recommend making it a replace (ie when the weapon procs again the debuff is reapplied) debuff with about 10% chance. going a bit further

25% chance to deal 250 damage to target enemy.

This is overkill on the item.

Something along the lines of

Daemon Slayer's Blade of Anarchy (long and awsome name, i know): + 25 Damage, - 10 HPS for 5 seconds (=50 damage of 5 sec)(10% chance weapon proc, replace), + 2 MPS aura, would be more balanced.

November 19, 2009 12:15:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah, now that i see what i typed, it is very unbalanced. I like ur idea to solve the problem much better. Thanks alot.

November 20, 2009 11:02:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think 15 and 16 need a slight nerf. Only like 5% though.

Other than that its nice to see this list coming on good work

November 20, 2009 11:18:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really like the one that adds damage against structures just because its something completely unique.  That would be an interesting Favor item to play.

The Water of Life would be a good one, especially for say, a Sedna, she can REALLY stack hp regen and the mana regen would rock also.

Scales of fortune is kinda neat as well, again because its something unique (Increasing your currency regen).   Its not just another "get more hp/mana/armor".

Cloak of Experience would make a Regulus level even faster than HW would.  I would try that one for no other reason than to see how fast I could exp up on a map where you have an exp flag, and then buy citadel upgrades also. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.