The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod’s first August update

By on August 6, 2009 8:28:23 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Greetings!

The first update for August has arrived. 

Here are the highlights:

• Fixed an exploit regarding minions and the citadel that cropped up recently.
  • Fixed the Sedna Healing wind buff with High priests issue that has been discussed.
  • We’ve temporarily disabled hex scroll, ring of divine might, and the horn of battle until the timeout conflicts are dealt with. Stay tuned.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing a LOT of statistics not to be saved accurately. We are hoping, and you be the judge, that the statistics are now robust enough that we’ll be able to move towards official tournaments and Epoch 3.
  • Updated the algorithm to find the best proxy server for people who need them.
  • Lots of other little things.

Next on our list are the rematches, LUA decompression crash issue, Alt-Esc issues, and replays.  No promises on an exact date but (fingers crossed) in the next week or so depending on QA.

Tomorrow, I am going to really try to get up a preview of the first of the new Demigods up on a journal so you can start discussing him.  We’ve also been discussing with GPG new map ideas and new item ideas and have started work on the modding guide.

Cheers!

+897 Karma | 56 Replies
August 7, 2009 12:56:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Wagnard,
http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/835425/player/10942/

Not to be rude, but you played one game three hours after the patch. Give it some time man!
Play a few games, see if a pattern emerges.
Either that, or you've pissed someone at Stardock off and all your games will be recorded as a loss?

August 7, 2009 2:47:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice patch with some very important fixes. Great work guys

August 7, 2009 3:03:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,
What happened to replays? Needs more robustness?

This isn't the 1.2 patch, which will have replays. This is a small intermediary patch.

August 7, 2009 7:53:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The patch list looks sweet. Things are shaping up nicely for DG.

August 7, 2009 8:14:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

whatever happened to freedom of speech? oh im sorry i thought this was america. What what i thought this was america

There is no freedom of speech on a privately owned board. Go create your own forum if you want freedom of speech. Go read the terms and conditions, which you agreed to when you signed up. Its people like you, who stopped Frogboy posting updates in the first place.

Besides this is the Internet not America, funnily enough other nationalities can use this board.

Anyway, thanks for patch, nothing major, but fixed some bugs nonetheless.

August 7, 2009 8:23:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great patch, that the sedna and erebus bugs have been fixed is awesome.

Looking forward to the next patch, that hopefully solves some of the crashing.

Also, I don't know if someone mentioned this before but, in the ingame lobby in custom games, there is a bug that when someone moves from one spot to another, others still see him in the spot where he was before he moved and the only way to get around this right now is opening/closing another slot.

August 7, 2009 9:29:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice hotfix patch. Looking forward to the more permanent fixes as well and the new demigod

August 7, 2009 11:26:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We’ve also been discussing with GPG new map ideas and new item ideas and have started work on the modding guide.

That's great news about the fixes, modding, and the new demigod.  I especially noticed the statement about "new map ideas." 

August 7, 2009 12:50:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,

Quoting Wagnard, reply 19No stats are not perfect

Here check this :  http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/835425/player/10942/

me and ultime won with another guy and look We have a lost!

Any further explanation as to unique circumstances?

There was nothing special in-game. all went normal. all my team was still in.

August 7, 2009 12:51:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,

Quoting Wagnard, reply 19http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/835425/player/10942/
Not to be rude, but you played one game three hours after the patch. Give it some time man!
Play a few games, see if a pattern emerges.
Either that, or you've pissed someone at Stardock off and all your games will be recorded as a loss?

heh no I didnt pisses someone at stardock. and if they put the patch out, I guess they must have been ready on their side?

anyway it happen only one time so as long as it doesnt happen again its ok.

Btw stardock loves me. look at your manual at the credits page. youll see me

August 7, 2009 1:19:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yesterday, when this patch came out, I tried to play to see if there were any noticeable changes... but the lobby was empty for custom games. I thought the patch had broken the game... but a few games showed up just minutes later (was strange to see an empty lobby).

During the time between not seeing any games, I was on the website and seen information for the new Demigods. I thought that this was the patch that was adding them. I got all excited

Well, when I did join a game and start playing again yesterday, I seen no new Demi's were added ;-/

Oh well, maybe next patch, eh? At least we have some info on them.

August 7, 2009 2:00:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Just a quick question, I play single player mostly, have only been able to play perhaps half a dozen games since i got the game a few weeks ago, but my question is does the patch also change those items in the single player mode, or only while online? 

-Teal

edit and p.s. :  I didnt really notice any problems with the game at all in single player. So i thought these might be multi-player fixes.

August 7, 2009 2:21:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this patch seems good

multiplayer seems much more stable

any chance of a vote kick option, to get rid of excessive pings

August 7, 2009 4:02:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

glad to see you fixed the bug where you could drop mana item and pick it up to get mana back.

it WAS my favorite exploit *sigh* but glad to see the game tightened up

August 7, 2009 4:07:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Unkillable sednas was getting boring. Hopefully they will be just the right amount more beatable now. I can hopefully stop playing minion erebus as well, which was also becoming boring!

Keep up the good work!

August 7, 2009 4:48:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did I hear about a new Demigod?????   Oh BOY!!!!!!

August 7, 2009 9:41:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tomorrow, I am going to really try to get up a preview of the first of the new Demigods up on a journal so you can start discussing him.  We’ve also been discussing with GPG new map ideas and new item ideas and have started work on the modding guide.

Quick! Tomorow is almost over!

August 7, 2009 10:35:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Wagnard,
No stats are not perfect

Here check this :  http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/835425/player/10942/

me and ultime won with another guy and look We have a lost!

Wagnard, same thing happened to me-- I've only had the game for about ten days, but didnt get anything like this before the patch.  http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/839191/player/75146/

All 3 people on winning game stayed until end, but looks like it recorded two of us as disconnects?  Annoying bit was that this was one of those semi-rare "amazing comebacks on Exile" games... Scary bit is it seems to be totally random.  No special game circumstances.  Guessing separate thread for this soon if more people run into it.

August 8, 2009 1:09:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm more surprised people aren't more excited with frogboy posting

Nice hot fix. thankyou.

p.s. what was the exploit with hex scroll?

August 8, 2009 2:10:10 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hm did this patch drastically increase cpu or gfx resource consumption? it seems now I hardly can do any actions as soon as more then 3 DGs are on the screen, frame rate falls to 2-5fps and reaction time to mouse clicks likewise. Was fine before.

August 8, 2009 8:32:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wow ... how underwhelming.

and it took only three months to fix the sedna bug after i reported it ... Yay, I made a difference! That's alright though, the code was hard to fix. You had to change one number for another.

But at least something has happened ... I was already wondering if SupCom 3 gets out earlier than the next DG patch.

August 8, 2009 8:48:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is it tomorrow today? Or tomorrow?

August 8, 2009 9:48:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yea what was wrong with the hex scroll. Never noticed anything bad with it? Unless it just didn't work at all?

August 8, 2009 9:48:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

THX for update !

Where s the preview  ? tomorrow was yesterday ^^

August 8, 2009 12:03:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

After playing with the new fixes, I'm very pleased. One thing that we could use some clarification on is speed buffs affecting minions. Is it a bug or a feature?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.