The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New patch!

By on August 6, 2009 1:58:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

FIRST.

wonder what is in it.

+7 Karma | 63 Replies
August 7, 2009 8:30:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

they come in pairs but they NEVER heal both the same target! edit2: even if tehre are to dgs against good players one get focused so they have to heal only one dg anyway!

besdie of that i don't know how you get your numbers but they NEVER healed as much as you claim. as i understood from a previous threat the bonus percentage healing applys to the base healing of the priests and not to your hp. but their base healing depends on your max hp. anyway, i don't know how it is to be calculated but the most i ever got healed by a high priest was 1500, this when i was larround level 14 if i remember right.

and don't they heal every 10 sec not every 5?

edit: you can number crunch as mcuh as you want. using bishops now i don't had a major impact now after the patch. the only thing is that i now need to pay some hundret gold more what i rarly do. nomatter how much you theoricraft to show me it is a big difference it is not - i've tested it!

August 7, 2009 8:54:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Celmare, obviously you don't know much about Healing Wind and the underlying game mechanics.

Otherwise I would not know how you can not understand my calculation.

Please spell-check and re-read your thoughts before posting them, this would also save you the editing.

August 7, 2009 9:36:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

edit: to clear a misunderstanding!

my point is not on the numbers healed and how they are really calculated. i don't care about that. my point is that under the circumstances of real gameplay the patch does not affect the power of sedna as mcuh as you suggest.

you don't have 5000 hp with sedna at level 10, rarly both priests have two dgs to heal by their full potential. your assumtions are simply non realistic. your numbers may be correct but they are not in relevant situations.

in real occuring situation the difference is not big. end of story. i need to speend some hundret golds more and loose arround 200-300 hp healed every 10 sek. thats all. this NEVER made any difference for the whole bunch of cry-babys out there!

August 7, 2009 9:54:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[removed, due to pointless discussion]

August 7, 2009 10:05:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CosMoe,
[removed, due to pointless discussion]

qft

August 7, 2009 12:40:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i never ever had 5000 hp at level 10 with my sedna not even later. 5000 hp is possible but very unusual so this numbers may be theoretically correct but practically wrong.
The most popular map is cataract.  Blood of the fallen, nimoth's, and banded armor gives you 4768 HP with an HP flag (but it costs a whopping 2050 gold!), if you get any other HP items at all you easily break 5k. Don't pretend 5k is an outrageous number.

that's bullshit. her own healing spell healed many times more. you seem to very overestimate the healing of the priests. on any level timestep i healed with my own spell at least arround 1.5 times as much the priests done. and the bottom of the curve was achieved when buying the high priests arround level 5.
Two things. First, there's no way you have mana to heal every single cooldown unless you give up pounce altogether, which combined with your how HP makes me believe you simply never played Sedna to her fullest when the priest bug was in the game.  The whole idea is you stack HP and save mana by relying on priests so you can pounce more. Second I already showed 5k HP at level 10 is quite easily achievable and there's two priests so you can be healing yourself and whoever you're farming with. In many cases it's an UB and UB breaks 5k more easily than Sedna.

High Priests could easily outheal Sedna prior to this patch. That was the whole point of the build, Sedna's direct heal was the backup heal, not the primary.

you seem to forget that bishops have a higher base heal than high priests!
What does that have to do with anything? It's still only 22% with healing wind, a full 8% of ones total health less. A 36% reduction is very considerable.

Also I'm not sure who said it, but it's correc that the priests only heal DGs once every 10 seconds. Their heal goes off every 5 but there's an invisible debuff on DGs that prevents receiving heals more than once every 10 which I forgot about when I said 5.

August 7, 2009 1:00:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Two things. First, there's no way you have mana to heal every single cooldown unless you give up pounce altogether, which combined with your how HP makes me believe you simply never played Sedna to her fullest when the priest bug was in the game.  The whole idea is you stack HP and save mana by relying on priests so you can pounce more. Second I already showed 5k HP at level 10 is quite easily achievable and there's two priests so you can be healing yourself and whoever you're farming with. In many cases it's an UB and UB breaks 5k more easily than Sedna.

High Priests could easily outheal Sedna prior to this patch. That was the whole point of the build, Sedna's direct heal was the backup heal, not the primary.

Very true, this is exactly what I was doing as well. Although one thing, in high level games it was often better to prioritize Heal over Pounce, even with your Super Priests, since Heal 3 was/still is the most kickass spell in the game (much more efficient than Pounce). My two most common level 10 setups were: Pounce 1, Heal 4, Wind 3, Grace 1, Presence 1 (uber team support, setting up for Silence at levels 11-12) and Pounce 3, Heal 3, Wind 3, Grace 1 (more offensive). Which one I would pick largely depended on the situation, but I'd say that the first one is more powerful in a premade as long as you have enough damage coming from the rest of your DGs. This, along with a health stacking / high priest item order, is what I considered playing Sedna to her fullest, prepatch. 

Also I'm not sure who said it, but it's correc that the priests only heal DGs once every 10 seconds. Their heal goes off every 5 but there's an invisible debuff on DGs that prevents receiving heals more than once every 10 which I forgot about when I said 5.

Wiki says:

"When you are healed by a priest, that priest casts an invisible debuff on you that prevents you from being healed by another priest of the same type for 7.95 seconds."

August 7, 2009 1:32:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this thread annoys me so much lol.

stop complaining about the sedna exploit guys.

YES it was gamebreakingly overpowerful.
thank god it was fixed.

now stop bitching over how powerful it was, no-one gives a ****, and play some games

August 7, 2009 1:44:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"When you are healed by a priest, that priest casts an invisible debuff on you that prevents you from being healed by another priest of the same type for 7.95 seconds."
Alright, recorded this a little bit ago to try to make a more definitive response:

If you pause the video and just slide the progress bar you can see it heals at about 1.5, and then waits 10 seconds to heal. It heals at 11.5'ish, 21.5'ish, and 31.5'ish, I'm not sure where the 7.95 is from. Maybe the reinforcement priests have a 7.95 delay, or maybe it's a stealth idol nerf?  Dunno.

August 7, 2009 10:19:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Obscenitor,

i never ever had 5000 hp at level 10 with my sedna not even later. 5000 hp is possible but very unusual so this numbers may be theoretically correct but practically wrong.The most popular map is cataract.  Blood of the fallen, nimoth's, and banded armor gives you 4768 HP with an HP flag (but it costs a whopping 2050 gold!), if you get any other HP items at all you easily break 5k. Don't pretend 5k is an outrageous number.

if you take blood of the fallen as sedna you should not play sedna! or at least only against me. the only hp giving items i have at level 10 are hauberk and nimoth, and with that you only have 3700 hp at level 10. there is simply no room or money for additional hp items cause it's heavly needed elseware. you need armor, and you need mana! and, depending on favor and enemys, speed boots mostly.

no, you wont have 5000 hp at level 10,not even 4000. you probablyy won't have 5000 hp at level 20! after getting your slots full better spend money on citadel.

yes you can have 5000 hp at level 10 if you wish, but what you have to skip for that it's never worth! sure you can fight nubs that feed you, even then it would be stupid cause the money would be much more usefull at citadel.

August 8, 2009 1:16:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

just read the less caustic post beneath this one

August 8, 2009 1:50:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

CelMare it seems your Sedna was fairly suboptimal. This is going to sound vain, but I'm fairly certain that this was the absolute zenith of Sedna prepatch play (aka the build that made her the metagame):

Start: Monks + Totem + BotF

First Trip Back (1620 War Rank): Scalemail, Scaled Helm, Banded Mail, Mint 1

After that trips back depend entirely on the flow of the game (your gold, your mana levels, whether you die, etc). But the general order you should add things would be Vlemish, Nimoth, High Priest (replaces monks), Unbreakables (replace Banded), Plenor or Narmoth (depends, replaces Scaled Helm). During the game make sure to get whatever mix mix of Locks/Teles/Gadgets/Sigils/Pots/Totems that you feel is appropriate for the situation. 

With its sheer efficiency, that build could absorb insane amounts of damage without ever needing to actually cast heal. It was way better than stacking the hell out of mana regen and relying on your spell-based heal.    

August 8, 2009 4:16:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

AMG

SEDNA PLAYERS

MORE HP = MORE HEALS

SO U STACK HP  

SIMPLE NO?

August 8, 2009 5:03:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

HP and Armor... and when you pugged against a good sedna in patheon it was a challenge. You'd be hammering on her and see her health instantly restored, how disheartening. The balance was needed, and she is still a tough tank but now every encounter with a sedna i dont feel like im just smashing my face in a brick wall.

Nicely put SoF.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000204   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.