The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New patch!

By on August 6, 2009 1:58:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

FIRST.

wonder what is in it.

+7 Karma | 63 Replies
August 6, 2009 3:56:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hurray and now my priests are actually captured by the citadel on leviathan.

Shame i didnt record it, but it was moving back and forth along the citadels backside and i couldnt get it out whereever i chose to locate him, in other words, clicking all over the place. Only thing that got him out was a tele scroll.

Thanks!

August 6, 2009 4:01:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Are they ever going to fix pathing issues? And UB's ooze only working while stopped?

August 6, 2009 4:12:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Obscenitor,
I'm really interested in how differently people are going to play a mortal sedna.

not mcuh of a differnece. at level 10 this baraly was around 200 hp (or was it arround 300?) more that the priests healed then the bishops. at lower level of course even less of a difference.

August 6, 2009 4:14:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What are you talking aboutRainFall2112? Ooze works just fine while moving. Unless you've found some new combination of things that breaks it?

August 6, 2009 4:30:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Were the items disabled for 'timeout conflicts' or for balance reasons?  What are these alleged timeout conflicts?

August 6, 2009 4:37:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting SoFFacet,
Quoting Obscenitor, reply 9I'm really interested in how differently people are going to play a mortal sedna.
Its not that much of a change (22% still leads to ~1.4k heals if you health stack), but I'd guess slightly less pounce spammage, in favor of heal. Slightly. Mainly it'll affect item buy order, as ~1.5k to upgrade your monks 100% was sweet and could take precedence over certain other 1.5k items. Now it'll cost ~2k to upgrade to upgrade your monks 47%, which can wait until later. 
That's almost a 50% healing reduction from priests though, and the cost change may delay or preclude a bit of the health stacking, so it'll be interesting.

August 6, 2009 4:39:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Dielan,
Were the items disabled for 'timeout conflicts' or for balance reasons?  What are these alleged timeout conflicts?
When you use Horn of Battle etc. all new minions spawned after the first use will also have the effect.

August 6, 2009 4:47:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

not mcuh of a differnece. at level 10 this baraly was around 200 hp (or was it arround 300?) more that the priests healed then the bishops. at lower level of course even less of a difference.
If a player had 5k health he would have been healed for 1500 by rank 3, now he'll be healed for 1100 by a rank 4 minion, or 950 by a rank 3...  That's a pretty massive change when you consider the priests heal every 5 seconds, aka faster than sedna heals herself without cooldown reductions and it costs no mana after the initial summon. That's a bigger change than ranking up heal (ignoring the additional effects you get at later ranks).

The way the game was Sedna was healing way more with priests than her own spells and any shift in that is going to have significant effects. I've played WoW, Starcraft, Warcraft 3, etc. and in all those games very minor changes could have major impacts. Let's look at what this change implies.

Monk idols heal a percentage of total health, to increase health you need gold, the new idols cost more gold, when you spend more money on health you have less money to bolster mana regen, and with less healing from monks you need more heals which cost more mana which affects how much health you can stack which affects how much health you gain from priests.

So all this stuff feeds into itself, even a minor change could have a major impact, but it's not even a minor change in the first place.

August 6, 2009 4:48:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Obscenitor,
I'm really interested in how differently people are going to play a mortal sedna.

Speaking for my self, I RARELY advanced my healing priests beyond Rank 1 So I won't notice any change. 

August 6, 2009 5:06:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Another undocumented change: the Mana exploit got fixed.

August 6, 2009 5:12:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Another undocumented change: the Mana exploit got fixed.

Good catch! 

August 6, 2009 5:34:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

woohoo!

August 6, 2009 5:42:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh wow they removed the items instead of fixing them? ahahaahahahaha, it's gonna be like the heart of life nerf all over again. 

August 6, 2009 7:05:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL

August 6, 2009 8:28:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh wow they removed the items instead of fixing them? ahahaahahahaha, it's gonna be like the heart of life nerf all over again.

No they didn't. They're temporarily disabling them until they're properly rebalanced.

August 6, 2009 8:43:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

New patch; this is great!!

August 6, 2009 9:10:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Temporarily disabled Hex Scroll, Ring of Divine Might, and the Horn of Battle until associated army buffs can be properly reconfigured to deal with timeout conflicts.

Um, Are we sure this means they were removed for balance reasons?  I think it is more reasonable to say that the bugs that were showing them as too strong were also causing crashes or de-synchs, and that is why they were removed.

August 7, 2009 12:45:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

HEY NO MORE GLITCH SEDNAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 7, 2009 2:07:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm shocked most are not partying about the fact that the Host-Quit exploit seems to have been removed.  Or did I read it wrong?  Poor, poor cheaters are going to have to actually play the game now. . .

August 7, 2009 2:14:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No problems with "Sedna fix". When I play Sedna, 1/2 of match I have monk idols (tier 1) (+Vlemish - ASAP). Then I just have no time for shopping, because I need to stay in the battlefield to constantly support my mates with heal. The time I  can buy better idols game is usually decided already.

August 7, 2009 3:22:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wonder if stats will still report if an entire team drops.

August 7, 2009 3:41:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Epiphenomenon,
I wonder if stats will still report if an entire team drops.
There might be a new issue now. Yesterday I had a 3v3 where after 20 minutes 2 of the enemy team suddenly dropped at the same time (who knows why). We won the game of course, but the game did not show up at all in our record.

August 7, 2009 7:43:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm just glad that they still listen to the community and implement fixes rather quickly.

The solutions may not be perfect, but the game gets a bit better after each patch.

Fixing bugs is of course of high priority, but I also hope that future patches also include some balancing improvements.

August 7, 2009 7:53:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Obscenitor,
.If a player had 5k health he would have been healed for 1500 by rank 3, now he'll be healed for 1100 by a rank 4 minion, or 950 by a rank 3...  That's a pretty massive change when you consider the priests heal every 5 seconds, aka faster than sedna heals herself without cooldown reductions and it costs no mana after the initial summon. That's a bigger change than ranking up heal (ignoring the additional effects you get at later ranks).

i never ever had 5000 hp at level 10 with my sedna not even later. 5000 hp is possible but very unusual so this numbers may be theoretically correct but practically wrong.

The way the game was Sedna was healing way more with priests than her own spells and any shift in that is going to have significant effects.

that's bullshit. her own healing spell healed many times more. you seem to very overestimate the healing of the priests. on any level timestep i healed with my own spell at least arround 1.5 times as much the priests done. and the bottom of the curve was achieved when buying the high priests arround level 5.

you seem to forget that bishops have a higher base heal than high priests!

edit: you may call me a bad sedna player for not having 5000 hp at level 10 but i think here are quite some top payers arround that would contradict.

edit2: i find it so redicules how so many make the priest bug responsable for their los against sednas (i have heared that many times too) although most times theg ame was allready decided when i still had monks! often my priest die pretty fast and during the heat fo the fight i don't resummon them cause they aren't often needed. still it is the bugs fault they lost

these people waon't have any excuse from now on. and nothing will change for them.

August 7, 2009 8:16:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Celmare, perhaps you forgot to calculate that priests come in pairs.

If there were 2 Demigods with 3500 maximum health each (which is easily possible), the theoretical healing power of the Priests (before the patch) would have been: 3500x0.3x2 per 5 seconds, which equals to 2100 health per 5 seconds.

Therefore it would have been impossible that you healed more with Sedna's Heal skill.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.