The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Demigod: Zan'Dur the Shifter (Dark General)

By on August 6, 2009 7:06:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Summary:

Zan'Dur is actually two demigods in one. Zan'Dur himself is a dark magician who buffs his allies' mana regen, while dealing good damage to the enemy. However, when Zan'Dur wants, he can transform into The Hunter, a powerfull beast, fast, deadly, good debuffs and a potential to deal  heavy damage.

Appearance:

Zan'Dur is a young magician, very classical looking. Long magician robes, and a glowing staff pulsating with energy. His head however, is missing. Where his head once was, there lies dark, ghostly energy, in the shape of a skull. The same is with his hands, which are made up of the same energy.  His speciallity is lightning spells and mana regeneration. The hunter is a rabbid dog looking animal, no fur, black slimy skin and rows of huge teeth, sharp claws, a long tail and the ability to open his mouth like a crocodile.

Background:

The Once peacefull town Gree has been struck by a deadly plague. Any citizen that was infected began dripping a sort of black substance from their eyes and slowly go blind. The pain that followed guaranteed that no one could survive longer than 24 hours. Gree's population was droping fast, people were desperate, fighting each other for what little medical supplies they had.

Just when they've lost all hope, a man bearing a staff and long robes came to Gree. He introduced himself as Zan'Dur, a healer and that he wished to help banish the plague. The people were so desperate to get rid of the disease that they did not even question the motives for which a young healer would bother to help a small town, putting his own life in peril for free. They gladly let him do everything he wanted.

Zan'Dur started by collecting all the black tears he could from the infected citizens. He extracted them by shooting some sort of lightning from his staff, into the victim, which made it ooze the black substance from every part of his body. He then collected as much as he could, and the victim was cured. The same process went for all the victims of Gree. No one knew what he wanted to do with the black substance. He just retreated to his house, given to him by the mayor of Gree, and started chanting unknown words, then puffs of smoke and a flash would be seen gowing out the window....and then angry curses, like he failed at something.

While Zan'Dur healed the victims, a massive battalion of soldiers with magic suppressing orbs came though the gates.

"What is the meaning of this?" Asked the mayor.

"This is the king's dark magic extermination legion. We have reason to suspect that you are holding a dark soccerer named Zan'Dur in your town. If you hand him over right now, we will not kill every single one of you."

The citizens protested, but they were weak, after the plague and they could not fight back. The legion made its way to a hut, where Zan'Dur finished extracting the final ounce of dark substance. The capitan of the legion broke down the door, and knoked out Zan'Dur with a powerfull anti-magic blast.

He woke up in a chopping block, his hands and head about to be chopped off. He tried to reach for his staff, but it was long gone. There was a huge crowd of people throwing things at him and boo-ing him, his executioner waiting by his side. The king made his appearance at his castle's balcony.

"Fair citizens of the kingdom", he said. "You stand before a most foul soccerrer that goes by the name of Zan'Dur. He is guilty of plotting against your beloved king, using dark magic to aid him. As you know, any sort of dark magic will be punished by first chopping off the hands of the human filth that is called Zan'Dur, followed by his head. Executioner, you may begin".

The crowed cheered as the executioner cut off both his hands. As he prepared to chop of his head, Zan'Dur made one last attempt to speak the magic words which were heard from his house in Gree. Then, the black substance in his pouch started to grow and engulf his whole body, getting absorbed into his skin. The executioner did not want to wait for the spell to be completed so he chopped off his head, hoping that it was not too late. His head rolled on the ground, and the crowed cheerd. His body was burried somewhere out of the castle.

The next couple of days, people kept dissapearing more and more. The king went with his anti dark magic legion in the surrounding forest to get to the bottom of the dissapearances. As he went deeper into the forest he discovered footprints of an unknown animal. While examining the footprints, he heard a powerfull howl. Suddenly, a pack of beasts viciously attacked his legion. The soldiers and king fought back as best they could and in the end managed to slay the beasts, but only the king and 3 other soldiers remained. Then, a larger beast came out of the trees, pounced on the soldiers and bit their heads off, leaving the king alone. The king prepared his sword but was quickly disarmed by the beasts whipping tail. Then, the beast transformed into a man, with his hands and head missing , replaced by dark energy, and a glowing staff. The king recognized the staff instantly.

"So, Zan'Dur. You've finnaly managed to cast your immortality spell. You were willing to give up part of your soul to become this foul beast. How many people have died because of your cruel experiments here in the castle?"

"People are nothing but food to me and my pack now, as are you."

Then, he struck the king dead with a lightning bolt. Now, Zan'Dur and his beast pack remain unnopposed in the forrest, still kidnaping people once in a while, either for food, or to transform them into new members of his beastly pack.

Strengths:

- Very powerfull minions in Hunter form. Very good support minions in "human form".

- Has the potential to deal huge ammounts of damage in both forms.

Weaknesses:

- Not very good health in any of his forms. His tactic is hit and run.

- Long cast times. May be interrupted easily.

Abilities: Human form

Summon Mana Reaver(active): Summons 1/1/2/2 Mana Reavers (penguin looking creatures, with a head made out of pure mana). May have up to 1/2/3/4 mana reavers at a time. Each mana reaver increases the mana regeneration of nearby Demigods by 10%/15%/20%/25%. Mana Reavers do not deal damage, but they drain the mana of their target and give it to the nearest allied demigod. The range of the mana drain is a bit bigger than oaks surge of faith. Cast time is 1.5 seconds, mana cost is medium cooldown is 5 seconds.

Unstable Core(passive): The 4 levels of this abbilities are tied to the levels of Summon Mana Reaver. With this power, when a mana reaver is killed it starts to light up, and after 2.5 seconds it explodes dealing 100/300/400/550damage to all  enemies that are right next to it, stopping the mana regeneration of nearby enemies for 5 seconds and also regenerating 10%/15%/20%/25% mana for nearby allies.

Overload(active): Zan'Dur bursts into several small arks of lightning that jump around in the AOE doing 150/300/450/600 initial damage and then some extra 150/250/350/500 damage over 5 seconds. During this time Zan'Dur dissapears and cannot be targeted (like erebus mist). The level 5 ultimate is called Static and will prevent any enemy spell casting in the AOE. Mana cost is medium, cast time is 1.2 seconds during which he slowly transforms into lightning arks, cooldown is 13 seconds.

Mana overflow(active): All of the mana reavers will focus a beam of mana at the target (enemy or ally). If the target is allied, it will have its mana regeneration rate increased by 25%/50%/75%/100% for each mana reaver focusing the beam and increased damage output from abilities by 10%/15%/20%/25% for each reaver. If the target is enemy, he will have his movement speed reduced by 2%/4%/7%/10% for each mana reaver and loose health per second but gain mana per second(this rate is increased by each level and mana reaver focusing the beam). The spell lasts 3/4/5/6 seconds or untill a mana reaver is killed. Cooldown timers for the enemy are frozen during this time. Mana cost is medium, cast time is 1.5 seconds range is the same as oaks surge of faith (mana reavers will follow the target to keep it in range) and cooldown is 15 seconds.

Shift(active): Transforms into the hunter. Upon transformation, the hunter has reduced movement speed and no minion summoning abilities for 3 seconds (the adaptation period). The mana reavers will simultaneously explode in a mana buffing shockwave. All allies in range (about half of TB's fireball) will gain +500 mana for each mana reaver.

Abilities: Hunter form

Dark plague(active): The hunter swipes it's claws at a target dealing 150/250/400/550/800 damage. The target is also infected now, and upon death, it will transform into a minion hunter (looks exactly like hunter, but smaller). Minions are very fast, and have high damage output.There can be a maximum of 3/4/5/6/8 minions. Cast time is 0.5 seconds, mana cost is low, cooldown is 5 seconds

Foul Substance(active): The hunter vomits the dark matter all over the target, but it initially does no damage or debuffing. Every time the enemy is hit, his wounds begin to fester, dealing 50/80/120/150/ damage per second for 4 seconds and also slowing the attack and movement speed by  5%/10%/10%/15%/20% for that same ammount of time. Foul substance lasts as long as the target is hit within 4 seconds. If the target escapes for 4 seconds, the effect is cancelled. The 6th level is called Foul Trap and will imobilize the enemy for the first 2 seconds that foul substance is active. Mana cost is medium, cast time is 1 second, cooldown is 15 seconds.

Note: If a target with foul substance is hit more than once, the 4 second timer will just reset, with no damage stacking from the previous timer.

Bloodfrenzy(active): The hunter shrieks at the target interrupting it's casting. All minion hunters enter a blood frenzy and attack only that target for 3/5/6/8 seconds dealing an extra 30%/60%/90%/110% damage and having movement speed increased by 10%/15%/20%/25%/30%. Minions can no longer be controlled during this period. Cast time is 1 second, mana cost is high, cooldown is 20 seconds.

The Supreme Hunter(passive): The hunter will have a 5%/10%/15%/20%/25% speed increase and will also memorize the reflexes and attack style of each demigod it has killed. For each kill, the hunter will gain a 1%/2%/3%/4%/5% chance to doge that PARTICULAR Demigod's attack next time it will fight.  After the hunter dodges the attack, it will conter-strike with a 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% damage increase. The dodge chance against a target cannot be more than 20%. When the hunter is killed, all that it has learned about the enemy DG will be forgotten, and it will have to start over. 6th level is called The supreme pack and will make the Hunter share his knowledge with his minions giving them the ability to dodge and counter attack and the speed buff.

Fury(passive): Each time the hunter is hit for more than 150/250/350/450 damage, he will have increased movement and attack speed by 10%/20%/35%/50% and reduce the damage taken by 10%/15%/20%/25% for 4 seconds. Fury also has a chance to make the hunter minions drop whatever they are doing and attack the target that activated fury in the Hunter for those 4 seconds dealing 10%/20%/30%/40% extra damage (they cannot be controlled during that time).

Shift(active): The hunter will switch to human form(1.5 second shift). After the shift Zan'Dur will have no mana regeneration or minion summoning ability for 3 seconds (the adaptation period). The hunter minions will go berserk without a hunter leader and will attack random enemies untill they are killed. They cannot be controlled unless Zan'Dur shifts back.

Insight(both forms): Insight may be activated only when both summon mana reaver and dark plague reach level 4. If activated, Zan'dur will get 4 skill points and will gain an extra 15% experiece for each kill. Also, minion hunters will not go berserk when Zan'Dur switches to human form and mana reavers won't explode in hunter form.

So, that's my new demigod. Please give some pozitive/negative feedback, because I really feel that this could be a very fun one to play. I've learned from the mistakes i made with my other DGs and I hope this one will be more pleasing.

+8 Karma | 24 Replies
August 6, 2009 12:54:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cool ideas. One thing that jumped out at me as potentially being very unbalanced is Mana Surge. Imagine you have max rank of Summon Mana Reavers and Mana Surge and all 8 of your Mana Reavers get blown up by Regulus' mines or some other big AOE. That's 8 x 700 = 5600 damage to nearby enemies. Maybe instead of sticking with the same old 1/1/2/2 and 2/4/6/8 concept for minions, you could make Zan'Dur have just one Mana Reaver pet that gets better as you put points into the human form abilities (I'm thinking of a WoW hunter pet here). Or just tone down Mana Surge =P

August 6, 2009 2:50:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, 5600 damage does seem like a lot. I'll just make him have 4 maximum mana reavers. And I will also give them a 2 second timer before they go boom.

August 6, 2009 6:17:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Love the idea but I think supreme hunter would need to be replaced because depending on how the game is going this skill would either be INCREDIBLY GOOD or INCREDIBLY BAD.

Maybe you could chance the supreme hunter into something in which in beast form he gains increased movement speed by 10/15/20% this would still make this a useful skill but would reinforce the hit and run style he would have without being too situational. This would be a passive buff to speed.

Furies later levels take a LITTLE too much damage too activate so maybe have it as 150/225/300/400 with a 10/20/30/40% increase and only increase movement speed but have reduced damage to him by 10/20/30/40% for those 3-4 STATIC seconds. This also would cause abilties like fireball to be undesireable against him and make it so it isn't insanely better at the higher level than the lower level. This would more of a scale to his level and opposing levels and the static time on the ability would make it so it isn't as hard to maintain.

I agree with the mana surge debuff you did but maybe the damage could be 100/225/350/500 so it doesn't become TOO powerful. And keep the 2 second wait. Keep the rest the same then.

Mana overflow probally isn't a good idea for a buff to allies. If he is so damage oriented then I'd say make it more of a large damage spell in which his reavers target a demigod and that demigod is stunned for 1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds and it does 200/400/600/800 damage during that period. This would drain mana per tick which would be every .5 seconds and would scale for 100/125/150/150 mana a tick. During this period only his minions would be incapacitated and he could do whatever he wanted such as cast chain lightening.

OR

Mana overflow could do 200 damage a reaver to the target demigod and puts a debuff on them such as a scaling DoT that drains health while increasing mana. Great hit and run ability. Expecially if he switches to beast after bursting this and then fury activated he could run like crazy. This would be instant. Also would interupt.

I'm trying to change these ideas so they fit what I think you wanted.

Explanations to changes suggested:

Supreme hunter would only be useful in games where you are completely dominating and would make your domination that much more. Reinforces your idea of a hit and run damage demigod.

For hit and run fury would be too hard to trigger so why not lower the cost to activate and make it very useful for getting away for really heavy slowers. Since it is passive it wouldn't game changing to have or not have. You could make a build without it.

Mana surge was still just too much damage. Expecially if you have 3 of these reavers exploding for 500 damage at level 7. Seems a little too much like mines.

Mana overflow didn't really fit the DPS look I thought you were going for so I gave him the ability to take away part of his LARGE cooldown times with a stun or a nice little instant ability that would serve as an interupt and a DoT taking 2 birds with one stone and not just tacking on another damage ability.

I think this demigod is the best idea I've seen on these forums and would really like to see him come to life. Issues I see with him include:

1) What happens when he has minions and he switches forms.
2) What exactly are his stats because in the begining they should be normal because his damage potential would come later and he can't start at too much of a disadvantage.
3) 2.5 second casts seem too large.
4) Reavers don't do any damage so his abilities would have to make up for it.
5) His bases couldn't be too low since his reavers have no attack he needs to be able to take some punishment.
6) I don't like the 5 second period in which he would have a debuff.

Fixes to the ones I can think of a fix for:

1) They are stored in a bank and just switch out. The 4 reavers that are out would just dissappear for the other minions to appear
2) Should have low level 20 base and a medium level 1 base for stats.
3) 1 second and 1.5 second casts are long enough
4) In my suggestions I take care of the low damage problem for some skills.
5) Just stack health and make it so his mana pool is abnormally large end game and make his other abilities cost a little less mana then an equivalent of lets say UB so he can stack more health.
6) Just take it out a 1 second switch is enough of a stun without a large debuff.

Things I believe should be true about this demigod:

He maybe should at level 10 get 2 ability points to spend so he ends up with 30 at the end because 20 wouldn't be near enough to make this demigod effective with the skills he has. That would make many builds possible. Examples: Pure damage build, damage based hybrid build, balanced build, hit n run based hybrid build, Pure hit and run build. But due to his nature this wouldn't make him OP. The differance between the 2 builds are large enough that if you did a balanced build you couldn't focus on just damage items and you'd need to comprimise between the 2. So you could switch. Now you wouldn't have the full on damage but you'd have versitility between going in nuking them and running the heck out if you can't get a kill.

ZOMG I JUST WROTE A WALL OF TEXT!!!

August 7, 2009 3:28:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol, yeah, you just did ). Hmm, about that "getting two ability points". Yeah, that's a great ideea, and i have just the thing to make it work (a static 2 points at level 10 is just "unfair" to other dgs). I will give him an ability that gives him the chance to gain 2 ability points for each of his levels. Or maybe i will incorporate it in supreme hunter.

You are right about supreme hunter. I will give him a speed buff, and I will limit the chance to dodge to a maximum of 15%.

I've also made the fury damage range as you suggested ( i'm not that good with numbers)

I also changed mana overflow. I think you will like the ideea. Debuffs enemies, buffs allies.

I may also make some other changes, got to think about it first. Thanks for all the great ideeas +1 to you sir.

Edit: I gave him a new ability which gives him a one-time 2 ability points, but it will require investment into 2 abilities, ike TB-s fire and ice, so he would not get those points for free.

August 16, 2009 5:29:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love your changes but the 2 ability points isn't going to make up for all the points he spent. Maybe make it something around 4 or so to make it a little more worth while while still requiring SOME sacrifice.

August 17, 2009 3:59:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

4 seems a bit too much. I've made it 3. I think if you would allow him to have too many abilities then he would be too powerfull (imagine if Erebus had an extra 4 skill points).

August 17, 2009 6:24:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i like this idea coz it involves a lot of mana effects, which we dont have much of atm. Although it can get a lil confusing and overwheleming to use a character like this coz there might be too much to take into account maybe?

Mana Surge(passive): The 4 levels of this abbilities are tied to the levels of Summon Mana Reaver. With this power, when a mana reaver is killed it starts to light up, and after 2 seconds it explodes dealing 100/300/400/550damage to all  enemies that are right next to it, stopping the mana regeneration of nearby enemies for 5 seconds and also regenerating 10%/15%/20%/25% mana for nearby allies.

i think the dmg they output when they die is a lot. maybe 400 dmg at max level (if a rook hammer slams all 4 minions and all die, he'll recieve 2200 dmg just from killing minions, even a tb with fire nova could suicide of this lol)? or increase the amount of time it take for dmg to execute, 3 secs (keep dmg the same if 3 secs)?

Chain Lightning(active): Zan'Dur shoots a lightning bolt from his staff, dealing 100/250/400/550/700 damage to his initial target. The lightning bolt jumps to an additional 1/2/2/3/4 enemies (the lightning will prefer to target Demigods) for an aditional 25/50/75/100 damage for each enemy. Example: Let's say you have level 2 of chain lighning. You strike a DG for 250 damage. The lightning will jump to another DG dealing 300 (250+50) damage, and then to another one dealing 350 (300+50) damage. The 6th level is called "Shock" and will slow down the attack and movement speed of each target by 30% for 4 seconds. Mana cost is high, range is the same as TB's rain of ice, Cast time is 2 seconds cooldown is 6 seconds.

could be OP. ur doing strong burst dmg to 4 diff targets with the one spell. would have to be a significant mana cost to counterweigh its effectiveness.

Fury(passive): Each time the hunter is hit for more than 100/200/300/400 damage, he will have increased movement and attack speed by 10%/20%/35%/50% and reduce the damage taken by 10%/15%/20%/25% for 4 seconds. Fury also has a chance to make the hunter minions drop whatever they are doing and attack the target that activated fury in the Hunter for those 4 seconds dealing 10%/20%/30%/40% extra damage (they cannot be controlled during that time).

thats almost every attack against him that will activate this passive. Until it gets to the 300/400 dmg stage (so it rlly becomes less effective in that account the more u level this up). but then again, at early levels it wouldnt make such a big advantage with wat it grants.

Insight(both forms): Insight may be activated only when both summon mana reaver and dark plague reach level 4. If activated, Zan'dur will get 3 skill points and will gain an extra 15% experiece for each kill.

i dont rlly understand this skill. how/wat r the skill points for?

but im quite liking

August 17, 2009 8:46:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1. Yeah, 2 seconds does seem too short.....but then again, 3 seconds looks like too much....meet u half way at 2.5

2. Chain lightning is pretty much useless unless used against 3 or more dgs. Oak, Tb and Sedna have much more powerfull burst damage spells. Also, torch bearer's fire nova hits all units in it's area of effect, not just a maximum of five. People would prefer a minion build in a 4 or less player match, hybrid in 6 and lightning build in 8 or 10. And yes, mana cost is very high, and also a long cast time. Would need a lot of mana stacking to ballance that.

3. Hmm, yeah, the damage sensitivity is a bit high for early levels. I'll increase it by 50. What I wanted was for it to be activated if he was hit by an ability or a really powerfull AA.

4. Xavior suggested that for a good build, there are simply not enough skill points. One per level wouldn't cut it. So I added that ability. Once you reach the neccesary level, and select that abilities from the skill tree, it will grant you a one time bonus a 3 skill points to invest in other ability. I can't tell weather that's too much, too little or uneeded at all.

Glad u like it. I can tottaly see an Arachnid and minion Hunter team going at it and ripping through Sedna + UB

August 17, 2009 2:36:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To help explain the extra points i'll lay out possible builds

20 points for the pure lightning. Is enough. We've seen that with torchbearer and fire.

20 points for pure beast. Is enough. We've seen that with icebearer.

20 points hybrid. Only barely works with torchbearer. And he's got 1 passive a form. While this guys got 2 passives a form plus the switch time which would hurt mid battle. Plus the 3 active abilities. It would be overwhelmingly hard to chose 1 passive and 3 skills or so to focus on. Torchbearer it works because he can burst in fire then switch to ice to finish while this guy could enter as one debuff switch to other do damage and switch back for the chase.

24-26 points hybrid. This is more possible to work because of the extra points. Now each build alone would be weak if you stayed in it but what we are focusing on is versitility with a hybrid not a demigod killer. This buidl would be for team games and would make as a good support character.

August 17, 2009 2:52:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the idea of the demigod, but he his tree is too large, which could be an unfair advantage, because other demigods at most have a little over 30 possible places to put points, but this guy has over 40. I think it would be more fair if you took away one ability on each side or reduced the amount some abilities could level. I dk, just what I thought when I looked at him. But yeah once again cool idea.

August 17, 2009 9:23:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting wraid,
I can tottaly see an Arachnid and minion Hunter team going at it and ripping through Sedna + UB

LOL .. that would be hot!

August 18, 2009 4:14:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Yoshimara,
I like the idea of the demigod, but he his tree is too large, which could be an unfair advantage, because other demigods at most have a little over 30 possible places to put points, but this guy has over 40. I think it would be more fair if you took away one ability on each side or reduced the amount some abilities could level. I dk, just what I thought when I looked at him. But yeah once again cool idea.

The thing is that there are a lot of skills that have a lot of levels. And there are also no useless skills (like sedna's yetis) which u can skip and save skill points. You cannot make him allmighty, to make a skill efective you would have to invest a lot in it like Xavior said. You have so many choices with which to go here (hit and run, minion build, lightning + overflow build) that he is very adaptable, that is why he has those skills.

And besides, he has only one extra passive skill than the torch bearer and people tend to choose only one passive skill per form.

Edit: I've edited foul substance so that people won't think that it will do damage over time but rather damage each second.

August 18, 2009 10:19:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Yoshimara,

Thats also one of his disadvantages. It makes it hard to pick what to spend your 20 points on and since the extra *make it * points that you could get is optional you don't even need to invest in the minions. Effectively you'd spend 3 points to get all the minion skills instead of a WHOOPING 8. And there are no useless skills it just depends on playstyle. The OP i think wanted this to be a very versitile demigod and thats what he is. His effectiveness just depends on what build you pick and how you structure it. It could be the minions on both side with a nice burst damage mixed in or so many differant ones. But a hybrid of 2 builds wouldn't be possible you could have a hybrid build but you couldn't have a hybrid build focused on lightning it's too many points.

August 18, 2009 11:15:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like that you understand what i was aiming for, xavior. Indeed, a versatile highly adaptable demigod. From filling a support role to tanking. This also means that while he is varying his strenghts, he is also varying his weaknesses so it will be hard to make a counter build to him.

Ideally i think, with all the different builds, he'll be able to counter all other demigods, and also be countered by them. There is no static way of defeating him, that is what i like about him. Both the player and his opponents will need to think on their feet. If the player chooses a hit and run hunter build when his team needs a support lightning and mana reaver build, the game would be pretty much lost, I think.

I've also increased the number of skill points added by insight, btw.

edit: did some changes to bloodfrenzy. Added an interrupt (any dg that hopes to be versatile needs an interrupt). Tweaked supreme hunter too, gave him a max 20% chance to dodge (15 seemed too small).

August 18, 2009 10:11:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love how you are understanding and not trying to cut down your critizisers. And you are welcome  for all the input and thank you for staying with this post. I am determined to make this demigod at least a partial reality. We are missing a super versitile demigod that requires strategy instead of player skill.

August 19, 2009 5:16:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow, thaks for the dedication . Though i am not sure how many SD/GPG staff actually take interests in these ideas. One can still hope though

August 19, 2009 7:52:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol .. it would be good if the devs actually do create something along the lines of wat we want created

August 20, 2009 4:46:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You are welcome i'm just hoping that someone else posts on this.

August 24, 2009 12:22:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting wraid,
Wow, thaks for the dedication . Though i am not sure how many SD/GPG staff actually take interests in these ideas. One can still hope though

I'll make sure this is one of the questions for the August Community Question Thread (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/362149).  I'm pretty interested in this myself.  My thought is that they probably don't look here, but if they did look and we actually got to see a character come out these ideas, that would be very exciting. 

August 24, 2009 1:36:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Right, glad you decided to remake the questions thread.

Anyways, i've made some modifications to mana overflow. Seemed to OP to drain both mana and health so i tweaked it a little.

Edit: changed mana reavers a bit too.

August 24, 2009 4:35:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Like the changes keep making them

August 25, 2009 6:02:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So, a bit of bad news. There is a new DG that is also lightning based and has a chain lightning. I have replaced my chain lightning with something more interesting, i hope. Also renamed mana surge since that has been taken too.

Also, i have read some nice ooze UB guides saying how awsome it is etc and how he can only barely be stopped by a tower Rook. I think that a Foul Substance based Hunter will kick his ass. Think about it. When hit by FS, an oozing ub will suffer extra dps permanenty (as long as ooze is active, the 4 second timer will keep refreshing) and his attack and speed will be down. He will recieve way more damage than he is dishing out if minions are also attacking him. Just a thought.

August 25, 2009 4:44:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice catch! And no offense strengths is spelled that way. Not stenghts

September 29, 2009 9:33:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great idea dude! Good backstory too. It is good but those skill points need to go i think. That is way to op! No i think he should gain passive attack speed while in one form and passive minion attack speed while in other. Maybe im wrong but thats what i think.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.