The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New demigod - Arachnid

By on August 5, 2009 9:51:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Arachnid

Type: Assassin

Base stats (roughly)
Movement speed: 6.0
Health: 1350
Mana: 1050
Attack Speed: 1.7 secs
Attack dmg: 182 - 196

Visual Appearance: same or slightly bigger in size than Qot. Gigantic armored creature, main features beings its tail, and 2 lethal claws.

Background: *coming soon*

*** Mana cost: Low = 350, medium = 450, high = 650 (first levels of skills, ROUGHLY).

Skills

Thrash (available at level 1)
Throughtout cast time of this skill, strikes will execute in 1 sec intervals (1 at 1 sec, 2 at 2 sec, 3 at 3 sec)
3 sec cast time
12 sec cooldown
Mana Cost: Medium - High
Range - dmg radius of Tb's circle of fire.

I,II,III,IV - First strike hits for 250/500/750/1000 dmg.
                 Second strike stuns for 0.5/0.75/0.75/1 secs. (takes 2 seconds to reach stun effect from activation).
                 Third strike cripples, slowing enemies by 7%/10%/10%/15% for 4/6/8/8 secs.

Rage - Each interval deals an additional 100 dmg.

Enraging charge (available at level 5)
"Damage equation = 50 x current movement speed"
Instant
15 sec cooldown
Mana Cost: Medium - high
Range - Starts at 20. Changes according to level of "far eye", 20/26/29/32.

I/II/III - you move 30%/40%/50% faster after targetting enemy. You deal 100/125/150 dmg + dmg equation on impact.

(can also be used on buildings and and alliy demis, but all targets receive dmg. you can cancel skill mid way, but mana is consumed upon execution of skill and cooldown starts at end of skill.

Far Eye (available at level 5)
"Effects the range of enraging charge" 
Passive

I/II/III - Increase vision by 6/9/12.

Vengeful Thrust (available at level 1)
"More effective when you got lower health than target"
0.1 sec cast
10 sec cooldown
Mana cost: Low - medium
Range - Pounce range

I/II/III/IV - deal 200/400/600/800 dmg to target. If target has more health than you, you deal an additional 200 dmg (across all levels).

Dominate - When u thrust an enemy, you heal for 5% of enemies max health. Thrust also takes 10% less time to cooldown.

Attune (available at level 4)
Passive

I - Everytime you level from here on, you gain an additional 2 dmg and 25 health per level.
II - "" 50 max mana, and 25 armor per level.
III - "" 3 health regen, 3 mana regen per level.

Refuge (available at level 3)
1 sec cast time
25 sec cooldown
Mana cost: High
Range - Slightly larger than circle of fire.
This skill can be interrupted when activating, but cannot be after execution. (can be cancelled by user). During this time you are unable to move or attack.

I/II/III/IV - surrounds itself in cocoon with extended webbing, For 5 secs you drain health from nearby enemies 50/75/100/125 health each second. Nearby enemies move and attack 4%/7%/10%/15% slower.

lemme no what u think.

also, refer to noother for alternatives on some skills/passives...

+32 Karma | 22 Replies
August 5, 2009 11:52:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think you need a good root, you along with the majority of this community

August 6, 2009 12:50:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very nice

August 6, 2009 12:51:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thrash
Throughtout cast time of this skill, strikes will execute in 1 sec intervals (1 at .5 sec, 2 at 1.5 sec, 3 at 2.5 sec)
2.5 sec cast time
12 sec cooldown
Range - dmg radius of Tb's circle of fire.

I,II,III,IV - First strike hits for 250/500/750/1000 dmg.
                 Second strike stuns for 0.5/0.75/0.75/1 secs.
                 Third strike cripples, slowing enemies by 7%/10%/10%/15% for 4/6/8/8 secs.

Rage - Each interval deals an additional 100 dmg.

Compared to TB's fireball

300/525/850/1050

fire and ice adds 300 damage (though it benifits a different spell as well)

Fireball caps at 1350, Thrash caps at 1400, Stuns for 1 sec, and slows them by 15% for 8 sec.

Trash also appears to hit multiple players, putting it 600 damage over the strongest aoe in the game..  and the damage portion of it would have a .5 second window to be interupted.

Enraging charge
"Damage equation = 50 x current movement speed"
Instant
15 sec cooldown
Range - Vision

I/II/III - you move 30%/40%/50% faster after targetting enemy. You deal 100/125/150 dmg + dmg equation on impact.

(can also be used on buildings and and alliy demis, but all targets receive dmg. you can cancel skill mid way, but mana and cooldown start upon aexecution of skill.

Could cause a problem if you use others vision to do this,  you could start charging from across a large map and by the time you reach them it might have come off cooldown.  Make the cooldown stat after its cancled/hits.

looks like he will be using furvor swiftness item, and maybe a wand of speed to hit extra hard..  figure a speed of 9 (or better) looks like its going to do 750+ damage with rank 1.. 

I'd guess an alpha build would look like  Charge, thrust, thrash.. 1 rank in each thats 750+,200,250. or end game 800+,800(+200?),1400.  for a suprise 3k+ damage along with stunning and slowing them.  and its set to go again in about 10 seconds.  very bursty. 

the almost non-interuptable heal is interesting.  far eye probaly needs to be improved or replaced so theres more reason to take it.  Of course I love the concept of a charge .   I have a feeling this characters starting hp would really suck, and they would have major mana issues..

August 6, 2009 4:38:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol ryan. at least i got u posting in forums.

alex...thx

rapidexit ... thx alot of ur input. didnt think anyone would go so in depth. yeh i was contemplating on wat order i shoudl have the effects of each strike for thrash (btw thrash dmg caps at 1300, dont forgot this is at level 15). anyway stuff like that r easily changed.
and ur right about him having shitty stats at start. i was thinking the exact same thing, but just didnt post them coz they could be ever changing.

here's some justification y gave the skills those stats.

enraging charge (in comaprison to snipe)
- shorter range coz when finally reaching target u got the chance to melee off the enemy.
- less dmg for same reason.
- and for the same reason again, it would take u longer to reach target than reg's snipe.
(yeh .. ill have to change the cooldown thing)

thrash (in comparison to rooks slam)
- shorter cast time but weaker in dmg across all levels, but still giving a chance of interrupting before the stun and slow down. So i thought that pulling of dmg almost everytime seemed fair.
- extra dmg at level 15 for this skill seemed fair coz rook can slow and pull off a 2000 + dmg with slam.

Far eye - before i thought of attune, i had +3/6/9 mana regen with it. I believe this skill with those stats on its own could be more effective than wat u think. if u can see that much further than the enemy, then their in for a surprise with charge + ur combo. thats y i left it like that.

refuge - i made it uninterruptable once activated because its very circumtancial. its passive negative effects r there so that it doesnt make the healing part of it redundant. Forgot to mention its pounce range and r unable to move during this time.

also, if u see a demi continuously using that combo u mentioned, then its time for anticipating it and interrupting.

August 9, 2009 9:16:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the general idea of it, but yeh I agree the cast times seem basically too short to interupt, and the cooldowns are pretty low for most abilities. Could you define some mana costs for these abilities? Having high mana cost can balance the low cooldowns, but still the cast times need to be lengthened a bit I think, it seems like it'd be a fluke to interupt any of them.

Enraging Charge should have a more limited range. Instead of viewable range, which I'm not even sure will be possible to set as a variable for an ability, there should be a set distance. You can still get more range out of it and speed by getting enemies who are running away which it would seem it'd be partly used for, and having speed items.

As rapidexit said, I'd guess this would have a low HP build as it has a lot of damage and ability to run after or to enemies. Also only 6 abilities listed, your still missing 2 I believe. Also on top of that I'd think that far eye should be changed. You don't seem to have any ranged attacks in there that would go beyond visible range so replace it with something different.

As for refuge, I have though of a better change for it. At this moment it seems to be similar to the rooks ability to suck hp off towers, which damages them as well. I think it'd be cool to have your character cast time 2 seconds and create a cocoon around itself, with webs and having that an AOE effect around them, basically rooting the enemy for a period of time and leeching HP from them.

For example, you use the ability, and a demigod is in range, it'd have the radius of ring of fire, root the enemy for like 3-5 seconds and leech HP. The ground will be covered in webs and all enemies stuck. Each enemy adds to how much and how fast you steal HP, basically think of it as mist from Lord Eb. For each enemy in the web you get 10/20/30/40/50 hp a second per enemy for a max of 300/500/700/900/1100 HP. Of course since this ability is quite strong if used at the right time, as it would take out creeps easily and allow you to heal off other demigods, it should have quite a high mana cost and recast time, and also anyone rooted can still attack. It would not be interuptable once cast, only during casting stage. The ability is also useful for teammates to bash down on enemies that can't run and who are under a DoT effect.

As for other abilities, since this is a spider type of demigod, perhaps a webspit which may either root/stun/slow attack/slow movement at a small range, sort of like UB's spit. It'd not really do much damage, but would stop people running or attacking or just weakening them in general, even having it root then debuff for a little while.

As for another passive, what about a damage on hit type deal, with the spider hairs been strengthened enough to prick anyone who attacks, dealing small bits of damage. Perhaps having it as 5 levels and a final level where it'd poison the target causing DoT over time reset with each hit. I'd imagine something like 20-35-50-65-80 with a DoT poison of 300 over 5 seconds, so 60 damage a second, resetting with each hit, bringing 140 DoT constant when getting hit continuously effecting all enemies, it'd be something like UB's ooze but lesser damage since you aren't losing HP and less range, plus the fact you have to be hit for it to do damage.

August 9, 2009 9:50:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

mmm ... i like those alternatives and thx for spending a while on it.

ill get people to refer to ur post as alternative effects for some skills.

August 11, 2009 8:49:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just to be sure..is your demigod resemble somewhat like a spider, only LARGER??

August 11, 2009 10:41:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

not rlly. but does have alot of spider features. it is supposed to be larger and it has a massive tail with 2 fighters claws (similar to those of a praying mantis) and is well armored.

August 12, 2009 10:15:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hey, i liked your idea so i threw a fairly quick concept sketch in Zbrush..

i know he is not armoured yet, but tell me if you like the general direction..

EDIT - well, by reading your recent reply only now i see i was totally off mark.... sorry..

however, if you could further describe how you visualise him, maybe i could try another take on it..

does it stand on two legs? does it has any humanoid feature or is it solely insectoid?

August 12, 2009 11:53:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

WOW! i actually really like the character u got there even though it is no where near how i visualised him to be. if i knew how to put images up on this thing .. i would put wat i drew up. Thank you for putting in the timeand effort, greatly appreciated. Never thought anyone would go that far for my idea .. but here we r.

you might have to give me some hints on what u use for digital painting im very much into concept art myself, just limited to my drawing atm, not very good at digital painting and color.

if u rlly wanted me to describe the specifics of what i drew/visualised for this char, ill give some more key features. Id like to see what happens when i describe it and how you interpret. Should be interesting.

Key features:

- 3 walking legs
- 2 powerful claws (in front)
- 1 very powerful tail, meant for slamming the ground
- armored, rocky sort of roughness to it (but not extremely heavily armoured)
- somewhat narrow head
- sharp, 'snappy' jaws
- spikey

thats all i can think of now. You can ignore some features if u want, dont let those limit you.

once again, im really happy with what u came up also.

August 13, 2009 3:49:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

for these creatures/characters i used Zbrush and photoshop, the combination of the two is really good for creating quick models and then painting them.

here\s how i visualise Arachnid after your further detailing... am i getting close to your drawing of him?

August 13, 2009 5:08:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol i actually described one of the features wrong lol .. sry. meant to have 6 walking legs.seeing the legs u have there, ill add another 3 in my mind and i think it would work well.

but u seem to like the humanoid stature mines very creature like.

i like it the whole scale look, not too keen on the head as much and the tail looks a lil flimsy atm. ill email my concept to show u how i pictured it. send me a private if u dun wanna post ur email here.

August 15, 2009 1:28:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this is the concept gkrit has sent me, i added colors..

gkrit - if you want me to remove it from here, just PM me and i will....

August 15, 2009 11:13:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nah its kool. i was imagining him with the same colours as ur very first concepts. deserty colours. although these r all good ideas for comin up with a nice final refined demigod. (but it does make sense to have a humanoid character for a game like this). ill try wip up some more concepts trying to incorporate varous features here.

uve made my thread look mad ty

now to others... let us know wat u think!

August 16, 2009 3:38:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the idea of this demigod too. When I picture it in my head I see a drider from Neverwinter Knights: http://bouncyrock.com/driderWIP02.jpg

August 16, 2009 5:10:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hehe, looks tottaly badass. Aditional ideea for passive skills :

Web blob: When he will AA a tower, you will have a chance (increased by level) to fill it up with a sticky web. If the tower will fire, the beam will explode in its face, dealing damage. The web lasts for 1/2/3/4 hits.

Spider's web: When aa-ing a demigod, there is a chance that he will wrap him in a web, rendering him immobile (he will still be able to attack though) for 3/4/5/6 seconds, with his armor and attack rate reduced.

Hope u like the ideeas. Oh, btw, check out my dg if you have the chance Zan'Dur.

August 17, 2009 5:55:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thx yoshi,  ill check it out.

and thx wraid. i like the concept of both those skills u suggested. howvere spiders web may be a lil OP lol. 4 or 5 secs would be its max snare duration if there attack and armor is reduced.

*if only i knew how to post images here. i click the insert image tab and it comes up with "type URL" wtf am i supposed to do with that?!?! ive got another version of the arachnid id like to post up*

August 17, 2009 8:55:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,

*if only i knew how to post images here. i click the insert image tab and it comes up with "type URL" wtf am i supposed to do with that?!?! ive got another version of the arachnid id like to post up*

Try and upload it to a picture hosting site. Like photobucket (not sure if I remembered the name correctly). Then copy paste it's url. Not sure if that is how it works, but seems logical, give it a try.

Oh, and thanx 4 the feedback by the way.

Got an another passive skill ideea.

Web coat: Arachnid's body is covered with a sticky web. Every time an enemy hits him (it? her?) it will have a small chance (4%/6%/8%/10%) to have his weapon stuck in Arachnid's hide, so he is unable to move from there or attack for 1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds, but can still cast abilities.

Looking forward to the background .

PS: Would love to see this guy use refuge against a minion erebus

August 17, 2009 2:53:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yep, like wraid said, goto photobucket.com and register a free account, then upload your pic their, but note that it has to be relatively small, the one you sent me for example is a really large one, lower it's DPI to 72, there's no need for higher if you dont plan to print it.

i began working on the 3d version, after i finish the base i could alter it to match to your picture.

August 17, 2009 7:15:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cool stuff folks, burningpet, pretty cool concept. Cant wait to see more of this soon.

Good stuff.

August 17, 2009 9:10:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

kool, thx wraid for more ideas, coz all ideas r good.

i tried using one other upload site, but i had to make it a link. u cant actually view the image in these forums like u have posted burningpet. and yeh sry about such a large pic size, realised it after i sent it.  looking forward to seeing ur 3d sometime. ill prob send u the other version of the creature via email and u can do wat u want with it and post it up here (if i cant manage to do it).

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000546   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.