The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Why 1.2 Is Going To Be Awesome

By on July 28, 2009 11:30:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
+37 Karma | 16 Replies
July 28, 2009 11:49:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

linky no work?

July 28, 2009 11:56:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Works for me, and yes it will be awesome.

July 28, 2009 12:09:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Link seems to work, yeah.

July 28, 2009 12:12:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Must've been a temporary glitch or something, because it works fine here. If 1.2 delivers, I will probably be playing many more hours to come!

July 28, 2009 12:17:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think this is going to be the best patch yet, especially if the new demigods make it in!

July 28, 2009 1:51:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That means we may see GPG and Stardock producing content significantly faster than any other one studio game could churn out

What? The game was released with most of these very important and fairly simple features they're now putting in missing, I don't think it is a lot of content.

July 28, 2009 3:00:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This patch will be undoubtfuly outstanding.. for me and for the entire community .

According to what Mr. Brad posted on his latest journal...: Connection Info would display a player’s rank/experience to better balance custom games. Feature which is going to be much appreciated by the new (and not that new.. ) gamers.

Being my self an old modder, I'm very excited on the modding support  which is implemented in the v1.2.

By the way, gamereplays seems to be down here at my end.

July 28, 2009 3:09:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1.2 is awsome, the game will finally be good to its release, its going to be the end of beta testing.

Oh wait...

July 28, 2009 3:51:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Replays are all about improving the overall skill level of players and this is what GameReplays.org is all about.

That is wrong.

Replays will lead to better balance, because every unbalanced build can easily be copied (and will be).

Replays will help to detect maphacks and other cheats.

So replays will not only improve the overall skill level of players. It will improve the game and competive playing, too.

July 28, 2009 3:54:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm with Itchy on this one. Aside from the wee little detail that most of these things should have been in the game since release (and the still missing team automatch), it looks good. 

July 28, 2009 8:43:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Games is addicting (to me at least) so I forgive them for the slow start and minimal feature. Hey it could be worse GPG is not FC

July 28, 2009 9:23:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting vexerz,
Games is addicting (to me at least) so I forgive them for the slow start and minimal feature. Hey it could be worse GPG is not FC

I can easilly forgive a "slow start" if they indeed add stuff they promosied and improve the game in the short term. (<6 months)

Sure we can say it should have been "done" at release. But mostly this would just mean we wouldn't be playing ANYTHING yet and the release date would just be pushed back to compensate.

Better late than never! Bring on 1.2!

July 28, 2009 11:53:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just hope that they tweak the ranking formula before that starts showing up.  The simple fact is that right now ranks dont make any sense at all, even if you account for all the bugs.  For example, even in properly reported games, ragequitting and losing against good players gives you more rank than beating average players in many cases.

July 29, 2009 12:06:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

At last can load gamereplays. Good article, Polynomial; thanks

July 29, 2009 12:38:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

While I cannot wait for the new items and demigods replays are going to be great. I've always been curious what exactly people have been doing outside my group.

July 29, 2009 12:45:07 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

i have to admit the replays has got to be the thing i am most excited about. A much easier tool for helping new players learn gameplay than just telling them to read the guides on the forums, you never know if they will afterall.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000516   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.