The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Vasari VS Covenant

Who wins?

By on July 25, 2009 2:08:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I don't have much to say on it as I'm quite exhausted.

I'd love to see what you guys think of it.

0 Karma | 55 Replies
November 11, 2009 5:51:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I had this whole response written out a few hours ago but the damn quick reply wouldnt load right.........so i turned off my computer when i left and i didnt save the post.......and I dont feel like retyping it, maybe later.

November 12, 2009 12:57:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Whiskey144,
Except for one problem: the SPICE is only found on Arrakis. If we are using the pre-Heretics of Dune books as the guiding line, particularly during Dune and Dune Messiah (books 1&2), then spice is only on Arrakis.

Between books 4 and 5 the Tleilaxu (uber-geneticists) found a way to synthesize the spice. In one of the 2 books that came after #6 (Chapterhouse:Dune), there was a succesful transplanet of a water-based worm to the planet "Buzzell".

If we use pre-book-3 (Children of Dune) where Paul is still in power (no he was not overthrown), then the spice is ONLY on Arrakis. And worms CANNOT be transplanted to another planet (like say, Tatooine). This is because, of the simple fact that Arrakis ESSENTIALLY HAS NO WATER. It just doesn't have any natural, "easily" accessible wells. Wells that ARE dug and used quickly seal up.

Then, there is the fact that on Arrakis, conditions are FAR more extreme than on Tatooine. If the Empire wants to use the spice as a resource for subjugation (now you're addicted, and I control the drug, so you must obey me!), then they won't bomb the surface. The Imperial Stormtroopers will probably land way out in the desert. Then, the pattern of: "If the Coriolis Storms don't get them, the worms will. If the worms don't get them, the Fremen will. If the Fremen don't get them, then they will die of dehydration." sets in.

I've always thought of the guild as pretty cowardly, so I always assumed it was their lives, then the spice. Not to mention if they refuse to help the freman the Empire can pick off the stranded freman at their leasure. After the Freman are gone, the guild will have easier access to spice than ever before.

As for your second arguement, why do you assume the Empire cares about Arrakis anyways? They have their own spice on Kessel, not the same as Arrakis, but potent enough, and even better they don't really need Arrakian spice for anything. Thus, whats to stop them from just destroying the planet? I do agree that the Empire will lose in a ground battle, but that is not the Empire's best force. Once they realize their ground forces are getting decimated, they'll just destroy the planet from space.

November 12, 2009 2:17:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

dont forget they dont need to land that far outside of the civilization, they can just easily drop ontop of the Fremen, and stormtroopers arent the only groundforces they have. Troops are more or less occupational units. Their there to keep control once the tanks and aircraft are done destroying everything. And to clear out any resistance that the tanks and aircraft cant pinpoint. I was going to post that arguement about the Empire not caring about the Arrakian spice in the last post but couldnt because of this stupid quick reply glitching. On the other hand, the Empire could just be underhanded and approach the Guild and propose that if they keep the Heighliners out of the fight, the Empire will give them full rights to the spice once the Fremen are out of the picture.

November 13, 2009 10:41:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

yup.

Another thing to look at, Dark Troopers. Those thing'sd slaughter Fremen.

November 25, 2009 9:35:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Once upon a time there was the covenet (did i spell that right?) then the Vasari came in and killed off most of the covenet and like anteachtaire said 5 mins later the advent main fleet comes in kills off moost of each side THEN the TEC come in with a fleet bigger then what the other fractions started out with and completely destroy the covenet and send the vasari and advent into a hightail retreat subject CLOSED.Thank you very much!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000063   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.