The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Best game to show off a new monitor?

By on July 20, 2009 4:05:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey all,

I just got a new 24" monitor from DELL and want to show it to my wife in the most impresive way I can (So I don't get killed). What PC game do you think would blow away a non-gamer on a bright 24" widescreen 1920 X 1080 monitor?

Sammual

+12 Karma | 14 Replies
July 20, 2009 4:21:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have a 24" monitor myself,I love it a lot.If she isn't a gamer let her see what a movie looks like on it.

To keep from getting whacked have pictures of you 2 as a screensaver.

July 20, 2009 4:29:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

World In Conflict is always a show stopper...my girlfriend was impressed with how it looked (she knows  NOTHING about games) and that was just on my 21.5 inch monitor.  Good luck

July 20, 2009 4:47:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Battlewounds,
I have a 24" monitor myself,I love it a lot.If she isn't a gamer let her see what a movie looks like on it.

To keep from getting whacked have pictures of you 2 as a screensaver.

She knows I bought it for gaming so I have to show her a game but I will follow it up with a movie and the idea of pics of us and the munchkin are pure genius!

Sammual

July 20, 2009 9:43:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Get the X3 Reunion demo.

July 21, 2009 1:24:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow, I also got a 24" monitor today(23.6" Asus to be exact). Any other ideas? So far it doesn't seem too impressive. I'll have to try WiC.

July 21, 2009 1:38:26 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Racing games are always good. NFS has good graphics i think, but personally i perfer Flat Out 2.

Then Crysis is HAMMER! Of course you need a decent GPU for that.

Anno 1407 looks very impressive if you like more the silent view,

Then there is Fallout 3 with a astonishing panorama view.

July 22, 2009 11:21:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Torus Troopers.  Nothing like a high-speed high colour stress test.

July 22, 2009 12:16:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My parents thought Zeno Clash was pretty? Lol.

July 22, 2009 12:29:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Runescape!

July 22, 2009 2:15:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks all!

I went w/ the Crysis demo, Sacred 2, and some 1080 movie trailors.

Damn is this thing bright.  My 4 year old ran out of the room in the middle of my 'demo' and came back with my wife's sunglasses for her.

Sammual

July 22, 2009 3:57:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

[quote who="[TAI]Elixir" reply="9" id="2311862"]Runescape![/quote]

ROFL, Java graphics ftw!

edit: quote not working?

July 31, 2009 12:43:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Try assassin's Creed. it'sa shitty game, but at least it looks nice.

Same for Prince of Persia IV, or Farcry 2....

Well, about that... Ubisoft, isn't come the time to hire a decent game designer, maybe?

August 9, 2009 4:56:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

fallout 3 has some good visauls

August 9, 2009 9:33:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I suggest Trackmania United Forever. There's even a completely free edition called Trackmania Nations Forever which only includes the stadium graphic set but still is great fun.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.