The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

you get more favor points for losing.

By on July 15, 2009 4:55:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

just won a game where we got less favor points than people who lost.

+24 Karma | 27 Replies
July 15, 2009 5:21:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

more awards = more favor points.

he got kills, deaths, damage, reinforcements, buildings and kill streak

July 15, 2009 5:25:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, i think it's ok. No matter if You win or loose, if You make a good game and lost only cuz of your not so good teammates or somethink like that, i dont think it's a reason to give You less favor points.

July 15, 2009 5:37:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

then how does bookshelfkeeper still get more favor than 2 of my team mates?

i mean, his stats dont reflect the favor he should have gotten...

July 15, 2009 5:38:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looks like aussiedoc completely outplayed you. He deserves more favor for that.

July 15, 2009 5:38:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Happens alot, nothing wrong with it.

July 15, 2009 5:40:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting StAcK3D_ActR,

Maybe Citadel upgrades, Kills, maybe Assists, maybe Kill Streak.

Btw. you should always make a screenshot of the Award tab too, if you want to discuss favor points . People always forget that...

July 15, 2009 5:44:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting StAcK3D_ActR,

no idea. maybe kills + assist

July 15, 2009 5:46:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Auro5on1c,
no idea. maybe kills + assist
Maybe Citadel upgrades, Kills, maybe Assists, maybe Kill Streak.

July 15, 2009 6:28:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky,

Quoting Auro5on1c, reply 7no idea. maybe kills + assistMaybe Citadel upgrades, Kills, maybe Assists, maybe Kill Streak.

Kills and kill streak.  aren't maybes for this I'm thinking

July 15, 2009 6:37:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well anyway , only developers knows the truth for sure)

July 15, 2009 6:41:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I didn't write "maybe" in front of "Kills" . I wrote maybe in front of Assists, because he does not have the most assists. But as you probably know, the Awards aren't just assigned to the person with the most points in that category, but generally to the group of people within a certain margin of points. How this margin is determined is not completely clear, as far as I know.

July 15, 2009 6:49:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky,
I didn't write "maybe" in front of "Kills" . I wrote maybe in front of Assists, because he does not have the most assists. But as you probably know, the Awards aren't just assigned to the person with the most points in that category, but generally to the group of people within a certain margin of points. How this margin is determined is not completely clear, as far as I know.

I don't believe there is any margin at all for the awards.  If you have the same number as someone else does and you are the highest in that category.  You both get favor for that award. You also receive the same amount of favor for it.

Typically as a result there is only one award for damage(this is the one category I can't ever recall seeing more than one award for but it May be possibel).  You'll see the largest number of multiples on reinforcements, cit upgrades and kills. 

July 15, 2009 7:06:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Lugh,
I don't believe there is any margin at all for the awards.  If you have the same number as someone else does and you are the highest in that category.  You both get favor for that award. You also receive the same amount of favor for it.

Typically as a result there is only one award for damage(this is the one category I can't ever recall seeing more than one award for but it May be possibel).  You'll see the largest number of multiples on reinforcements, cit upgrades and kills.
No, there is definitely some sort of margin... or maybe some bug, but I have seen Kill and Assist Awards for people, that didn't have the highest number, but were just one below the player with the highst number, who also got the Award of course.

July 15, 2009 7:10:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is no margin.

Only if 2 people have the same amount of kills or whatever for the award they get it both.

The reason why sometimes 2 people get the same award and have different amout of "kills" for example is that in the seconds after the enemy citadel is destroyed you can still get kills and they show up on the score, but they dont count for the award.

July 15, 2009 7:12:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

never saw something like that and i saw it several times that the difference in kills or assists was only 1. only the one with the top score got the award. but if there are two with the most kills both get the award.

sorry, but i do not believe you that. show a ss having two players the kills award but not both the same kill score.

edit: shobbo is correct. he explained this. it's funny that i never observed that. seems that everytime i look at the kill score after the mage thus not counted kills are made by dgs not influencing the award anyway.

July 15, 2009 7:13:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's possible that you saw that Spooky because the person with the highest number got a few extra kills or assists at the very end of the game aftet the Citadel had been destroyed. I have heard that those do not count towards favor points.

July 15, 2009 7:25:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looks like aussiedoc completely outplayed you. He deserves more favor for that.

flag capping at the right time wins

July 15, 2009 7:32:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@kills after win: ah, that makes sense.

July 15, 2009 7:48:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

aww ... i cant believe i wasnt in that game ...

July 15, 2009 12:23:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Is that why there is so much lag in some games? Windowed Mode FTL

July 15, 2009 12:55:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looks like they had you pretty good but got lazy with their portals. Not surprised the favor turned out that way. 

July 15, 2009 2:11:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CallTheVoid,
... why would windowed mode cause lag? Also windowed mode is quite superior. Especially Demigod's implementation.

July 15, 2009 2:19:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CallTheVoid,

I always use windowed mode and almost never have lag.

July 15, 2009 2:24:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I use it too. It's much more convenient.

July 15, 2009 2:28:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

... why would windowed mode cause lag? Also windowed mode is quite superior. Especially Demigod's implementation.

Because fullscreen mode makes windows stop rendering...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000281   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.