The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Forum Moderation for Demigod forums

By on June 30, 2009 12:19:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Technical support has decided that the Demigod forums need tighter moderation than other Stardock forums.  To that end, please read carefully:

1. The Demigod forum is not an official support venue. It is certainly not a venue to air abusive posts directed at other users, Gas Powered Games, or Stardock.

2. We reserve the right to remove any users's posting priviledges for violating our terms of service which includes personal attacks, abusive posts, or just plain trolling.

3. If you purchased your game at retail outside of North America, you should be posting on the Atari forums as they are the publisher.

4. Access to these forums is not part of the game service.  If you have a technical support problem and purchased the game either via Impulse or in North America you can contact Stardock at [email protected]. Otherwise you should either use the Atari forums or contact Atari support. 

We will continue to participate in the forums but we will no longer be tolerating a handful of users making the forums toxic for everyone else. This is an Internet community, not a anger management therapy lab.

+20 Karma | 24 Replies
June 30, 2009 12:27:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just to be clear, we should still post bugs or suggestions here right???

Actual crash reports should got to stardock support right?

We will continue to participate in the forums but we will no longer be tolerating a handful of users making the forums toxic for everyone else. This is an Internet community, not a anger management therapy lab.

As much as I am not for cenosring, I regretfully aplaud this decision.  A small handful of people are rather abusive and often with no point.

June 30, 2009 12:29:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Woot!

That is all that is needed to be said.

June 30, 2009 12:32:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bugs, suggestions, and discussion, even constructive criticism is welcomed.

Name-calling, flaming, trolling are not welcomed.  We have been authorized to unleash the ban hammer.

June 30, 2009 12:37:06 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Istari,
Bugs, suggestions, and discussion, even constructive criticism is welcomed.

Name-calling, flaming, trolling are not welcomed.  We have been authorized to unleash the ban hammer.

Whoooo let the Dog out ?  

June 30, 2009 12:38:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah been noticing some mod wrath around lately. Hehe.

June 30, 2009 12:44:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

June 30, 2009 12:55:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but i like harassing harassers

i guess it's better to get rid of the problems

June 30, 2009 1:21:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorry Stardock guys it had to come to this. I remember the thread with Frogboy talking about it..... I respect Stardocks policy that people should really moderate themselves. It is a shame that the reality with this type of game is that they can't.

June 30, 2009 1:31:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yea, about time.  I'm tired of the same complaints everyday.

June 30, 2009 1:41:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think I found the Atari forum for Demigod. It has 2 threads and 5 posts, all by the same admin:

http://forums.eu.atari.com/forumdisplay.php?f=703

Oh and it seems there is no English Demigod forum...

June 30, 2009 1:49:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Colonel_Jessep,
I think I found the Atari forum for Demigod. It has 2 threads and 5 posts, all by the same admin:

http://forums.eu.atari.com/forumdisplay.php?f=703

Oh and it seems there is no English Demigod forum...

That sucks for the EU.

June 30, 2009 1:51:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"Even constructive criticism".  That seems to be implying that you are doing your customers some kind of favor by allowing your customers to express constructive criticisms.  Maybe I'm being unfair and reading that in an excessively negative light.

IMO the fastest way to kill your user base is to not allow people to make reasonable, well thought out criticisms of your game.  Especially when your game is still in the state that there are numerous obvious bugs.

Yes there are trolls that need to be weeded out.  People who call Frogboy names deserve to be banned quickly.  Anybody stupid enough to call the CEO of a company a liar on his own forums (this happened in the user stats post) deserves to be banned immediately.

But if you start lumping people who are making thoughtful criticisms of the GAME together with trolls who are insulting Frogboy personally and locking their posts and banning them too - that way isnt going to help your product IMO.

Maybe its a natural reactions to a situation that got a little out of hand.  So I'm not going to complain about it any beyond this post unless things get much worse.  I'm just saying that while there was a bit too much anarchy before, you should be careful of swinging too far the other way.

June 30, 2009 1:56:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"Even constructive criticism". That seems to be implying that you are doing your customers some kind of favor by allowing your customers to express constructive criticisms. Maybe I'm being unfair and reading that in an excessively negative light.

We have no problem with criticism so long as people keep a civil tone.

June 30, 2009 3:00:06 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Bravo!

There's always a small minority who spoil things for others. I look forward to seeing such unsavoury individuals given a jolly good spanking...

June 30, 2009 4:59:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thank god. finally. 

July 1, 2009 2:19:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a very welcome development. Thx!

We should celebrate by banning Foreshadowed.

(j/k!)

July 1, 2009 2:43:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a welcome and needed step to keep this forum clean.

I have one questions as a player from EU:

Is it only in questions regarding bugreports and technical support that I am supposed to use the Atari forums? Can I still continue to post suggestions, strategies and other non support related issues?

July 1, 2009 4:17:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is it only in questions regarding bugreports and technical support that I am supposed to use the Atari forums?

Officially, I believe you are supposed to use the Atari forums if you bought the game from an EU retail store. If you purchased it digital download and live in the EU, then you can use Stardocks forums no problem.

I get the feeling that if you are not trolling, then Stardock will allow you to use the forums here. Despite some of the rants, they are a very fair company with good customer service IMO.

July 3, 2009 2:45:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is good news.  I'll probably get more involved with discussions here again.  I really enjoyed posting here during beta but things got so far out of hand I pretty much stopped.

August 23, 2009 5:58:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

why was the August 2009 - The Monthly Demigod Community Question Thread locked?  it was actualy very constructive and many good questions were being asked.  sure there were a few flame posts but they were quickly buried but some decent ones.  if you're going to shut down flamers can u at least just remove their posts so the OP can get a chance to be worthwhile.

August 24, 2009 1:31:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A new thread has been opened for the community question thread (hopefully without the trouble makers this time around).  #4 in the OP covers that.  I'm not thrilled that the post was shut down, but I am very happy that the moderators are here.  End of topic IMO. 

March 24, 2010 3:07:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,
Just to be clear, we should still post bugs or suggestions here right???

Actual crash reports should got to stardock support right?

quoting post

As much as I am not for cenosring, I regretfully aplaud this decision.  A small handful of people are rather abusive and often with no point.

May 31, 2010 12:41:39 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I've registered my Demigod on site. After I registered it in Impulse. I started to download addition, and at 44,6% Impulse write "Error:Invalid Token. Please log in and retry". What have I do to avoid this problem? Answer, please... 

June 1, 2010 10:28:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've registered my Demigod on site. After I registered it in Impulse. I started to download addition, and at 44,6% Impulse write "Error:Invalid Token. Please log in and retry". What have I do to avoid this

If you're having issues with downloading via Impulse, please contact [email protected].

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.