The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod v1.1 update for this week

By on June 29, 2009 10:55:47 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1469

Gas Powered Games has a new update brewing. While v1.1 has been a success feature wise, there is a subset of players who are experiencing crashes and random disconnects along with some funky behavior with the statistics and favor items.

As old as “works on my machine” gets, the good news is that we have identified the causes of each of the issues involved and GPG has already internally fixed most of them.

To recap the issues:

1. Random disconnects in MP. Cause: LUA crash when someone tries to upgrade their Demigod while dead under certain circumstances.
  2. Random crashes in MP. Cause: Same as above either from doing it or being on the receiving end of it.
  3. Favor items not saving. A fix to a fix to a fix from earlier. Should be resolved by this next update.
  4. MP Stats not storing right.  This one we’re still working on.  You’d think that this would be straight forward (as a non network guy, that was my view anyway) but it’s actually remarkably complex to get the data to the server in a secure way at the end of the game but before people quit because the game is over.

No ETA yet, but hopefully this week or early next week.

Locked Post 54 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 29, 2009 11:01:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the heads-up

June 29, 2009 11:12:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank goodness the journal posts are still alive. I was so worried that you're leaving us for good since the previous update got you so upset.

Great news! 5v5s here we come!

June 29, 2009 11:12:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome. You guys keep up the good work, GPG!

June 29, 2009 11:33:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[two thumbs up]

Stardock + GPG = Win

June 29, 2009 11:44:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the update Frogboy. I'm glad GPG is trying to fix some of the nagging issues with the game and not try to reach for the skies with modding and expect the community to endure through rough patches in the meantime. That is until the community can get its hands on the game to make some improvements "officially". 

Now if we could only get some more items/upgrades tuned as well (see 1001 uses for plate visor for example).

June 29, 2009 11:58:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No random demigod fix yet?

June 30, 2009 1:20:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Will we get another stats reset? I would love one please. Just do not reset favor.

Despite winning every game with torch it says ive lost 6 and won 1. These stats need a refreshing. Other than that i think you guys have done a good job frogboy.

June 30, 2009 1:23:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What about random?

June 30, 2009 1:45:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Excellent news   Thanks for the heads up!

June 30, 2009 2:21:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Glad to see that your still posting these journals and that we might get a patch soon.  

June 30, 2009 2:26:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great news.  Thanks!

June 30, 2009 3:03:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, please reset the stats, it shows I have a 100% loss rate.  It IS accuracte, but still, please reset the stats.

June 30, 2009 3:16:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great news as always.

I generally play and read a lot more than I post. I think that can be applied to a large bulk of the population playing Demigod at the moment. From my perspective the game is Great and I have spent way to much time playing it (just ask my better half). There will always be flaws in complex games and I am so gratefull that it's being worked on. I have lots of friends who have picked up the game in the last few days and all of them are so far very pleased.

Sidenote, Demigod has now moved up to top 10 at my local pcgameretailer

Keep up the good work and don't forget the large "pleased" group of players who play more than they post

June 30, 2009 3:27:29 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Good news, and good job

June 30, 2009 3:33:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The updates for the favor items sounds interisting!

Mb a fast update only with a fix for this problem would be n1

June 30, 2009 3:36:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Um,What do you mean "v1.1 has been a success feature wise" The ONLY thing you added was random demigods,and that doesnt work! If you guys cant even release a patch without it screwing things up,I seriously fear for when you guys FINNALY release those 2 new heros you have been promising for months.Im  sorry but this sort of shoddy playtesting and lack of commitment from the developer make me wonder if i didnt pay for gas powered games to make a quick cash in!

June 30, 2009 4:22:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting darkn3ss17,
Um,What do you mean "v1.1 has been a success feature wise" The ONLY thing you added was random demigods,and that doesnt work! If you guys cant even release a patch without it screwing things up,I seriously fear for when you guys FINNALY release those 2 new heros you have been promising for months.Im  sorry but this sort of shoddy playtesting and lack of commitment from the developer make me wonder if i didnt pay for gas powered games to make a quick cash in!

Frogboy please lock your journals. The CEO of a publisher should not have his updates to the community smeared by random asshats.

June 30, 2009 4:56:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy please lock your journals. The CEO of a publisher should not have his updates to the community smeared by random asshats.

I second that. I'm sorry there are people here that ruin it for everybody.

Flaming and raging at the people who make stuff happen doesn't help anything and makes you look like a dick. Especialy when they are listening to the forums and trying to fix things asap.

June 30, 2009 5:22:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's so wonderfull about this game, community and it's developers... all are verry active!
Keep those updates coming 1.1 is doing good ( except for the few critters ) and all this is making the game
even more addicti... FUN!

June 30, 2009 5:28:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can you add option to re play SP tournament lost game? Now it advances to next game, even if previous game was lost, but I want to re play it and win all tournament games.

June 30, 2009 5:45:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds good, but please try to fix the random demigod function too. thanks

June 30, 2009 6:10:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sigh,its amazing how tiresome some people can be,I paid good money for this game.I really appreciate the lack of copyright protection you guys put on this game,it has made my life much easier(For example,i bought Far Cry 2 and its now useless becuase i had my system crash a couple of times and each time i re-installed it,it used up an activation!!,grrr) and because your game is very easy to copy that actually means that it works in your favour as a form of advertising.The catch is,the only reason i would buy this game if i had already copied it is if it had AWESOME online play,which is not the case right about now.While i do agree that some of you have some good games online,its much harder for us 3rd worlders.Due to our crappy adsl connections we can pretty much only play with others inside the country,anything too far outside the country and the ping rises dramatically.Im apologise if my previous statement caused you any issues frogboy,Im just really frustrated at how much more this game could be,but isnt.And i wasnt blaming frogboy btw you twits,Even if i was i would be pointless,he cannot force Gas powered to hurry up with more content,he cannot suddenly get hundreds of South Africans to start playing or get our service providers to give us decent Adsl lines.So if Gas powered games is reading,please funnel some more effort into this game,most of the negative reviews had only two real complaints:The bad online functions and the lack of content.I like Demigod,but singing praise is nowhere near as helpful as pointing out mistakes that gas powered games playtesters obviosly ignored/didnt discover.

June 30, 2009 6:43:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First the should fix the network connection problems, then complete balance fixes and at the end, then they should bring out new items and additional stuff. All I wanna say is that first they should fix all issues (network & balancing) and then bring out new things for the game.

June 30, 2009 8:04:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hey, thanks for the heads up! I don't want to nagg , but how about random demigod? It is not working...

June 30, 2009 8:38:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He is right in this particular case though. Random DGs was, apart from stat changes for creep and items (no actual programming involved) and bugfixes, the main "feature" of this patch along with concedes. And it doesn't work at all, for anyone, ever.

That being said, concedes are like a gift from the heavens, so 1/2 isn't all that bad. Calling it a success might be a little over the top, but I'm assuming this patch will fix all that anyway.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000031   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.