The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Can we get an ETA on fixes?

By on June 26, 2009 4:38:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1.1 did a lot of nice things, but it also has a few shockingly bad bugs.  I realize that people are moving away from Demigod to other projects now so we wont have as much communication, but I'd really like to have a rough idea of when some of the most annoying things are going to be fixed.

For starters:

Hosting nonsense - Stats are completely meaningless due to the Host Quit nonsense.  We had a stat reset and made people go through the pain of getting favor wiped in the process, but things are just as bad now because a Host can choose to never lose a game if they wish.  Stats in general are pretty fishy still since a lot of the results dont make any sense (for example, I have a loss yesterday where it was a 1 person game - only me - and I somehow lost).

Random DGs - Yeah, I dont think much needs to be said here.

Rebuying favor items every game - Not a big deal, but it completely ruins the point of favor.

Frankly none of this stuff should have made it past the testing phase.  I mean, you add a Random DG feature and NOBODY can start a game with it?  Come on now.  But I'm not here to complain about shoddy quality control really.  I'd just like some indication that the right people are thinking about this kind of stuff and would like to know when its going to be fixed.

Maybe all this stuff has been answered and I just havent found the response.  If thats so, somebody can point me to the correct post.

+8 Karma | 23 Replies
June 26, 2009 5:25:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Eh there is a random DG selection. there is a scrool bar on the demigod selection screen.

June 26, 2009 5:45:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Wagnard,
Eh there is a random DG selection. there is a scrool bar on the demigod selection screen.

...that's not working.

And please add to that list: crashes. Before i had none (except when i was alt tabing), after 1.1 it crashes like hell, randomly. And by reading the forums, i'm not the only one.

June 26, 2009 5:51:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Dead Ghost,
And please add to that list: crashes. Before i had none (except when i was alt tabing), after 1.1 it crashes like hell, randomly. And by reading the forums, i'm not the only one.

Happens to me too. First match I played after the patch the game crashed on me for the first time ever, right after my team started making a comeback. Didn't exactly leave me with a good first impression.

June 26, 2009 6:00:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah last night I got 3 crashes in a row so I reboot my computer and the game ran fine.  Might be some memory leak going on .  Before this patch the only crash I would get is the silly alt-tab one.  And that was rare.

June 26, 2009 6:17:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, as somebody hinted at, you can select a random demigod, but you cant start the game if anybody has selected a random DG.  The feature is completely broken.

June 26, 2009 6:34:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you all have not realized this but her it is. they do not test shit cause if they did alot fo the bs that gets introduced after patches would not be there. i mean how does random not work.

June 26, 2009 6:39:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just roll back to 1.01 please.

June 26, 2009 7:35:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i second that. i come back from holidays to play some nice games, but not once was i able to finish one yet, because i get some unhandled exception every game. I had that once in a lifetime before the patch.

June 26, 2009 8:09:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

more frequent crashes... 2 out of 2 games tonight have crashed... prior to this version - 1 out of 40-50 or so crashed. 

June 26, 2009 8:18:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The reason I didnt list crashes is because that can often be a harder problem to fix.  It involves the workings of a large range of computers and its pretty understandable if they still have some work to go there.

But the things that I listed dont work right on ANY system and really shouldnt have made it past any kind of reasonable quality control.  And they should be easier to fix too I would think.

June 26, 2009 8:22:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Crashed again here, 3 crashes in total for tonight. Yay for patch!

June 26, 2009 8:44:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm going to start creating posts for my crashes.  Someone posted this list before, but please do the same if you are having crash issues.

1.     Identify whether any problem you are having is considered a connectivity problem or "other"

2.     If it is a connectivity problem: create a thread in the "Demigod Connectivity Help" forum: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/forum/559

3.     If it is something else, create a thread in the "Demigod Problem Reports" forum: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/forum/549

4.     If you really want to help: go to your My Documents->My Games->Gas Powered Games->Demigod folder, zip your ImpulseReactor.log, DemigodLog.txt, CVPMultiplayerEngine_XXX.csv and MiniDump.dmp files, and email them to [email protected]. Make sure you mention the thread title in your email. Even more helpful would be to provide a link back to your thread in the email.

5.     If you really want to help: describe everything about the problem, no matter how trivial it seems, in the thread and the email

June 26, 2009 8:51:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, i've sent them an email already. Should i sent them everytime it crashes? It crashes too often, lol...

June 27, 2009 12:59:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dead Ghost - the more info they have, the more likely they can track down the problem... so yeah, I'd put up forum posts and send the logs for a good amount of your crashes.  Here's one of my posts... maybe compare and see if you have anything similar going on - https://forums.demigodthegame.com/357636.  I was able to play several games after my crashed ones, but I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing crashes in the future.

June 28, 2009 2:09:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I also would like to see an ETA, or at least an acknowledgement that 1.1 is borked and they are working on a fix ASAP.  Instead all we're getting is a request for what we want to see in 1.2.  Newsflash: they already know what we wanted to see in 1.1, try dealing with that first.

June 28, 2009 2:36:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For those of you who have had crashes, what LANGUAGE is your Windows PC in? (English, German, etc.)?

The pattern on the problems almost makes me think there's an issue with a string or something.

June 28, 2009 2:41:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have had crashes on the English (U.S.) version, 1.10.

June 28, 2009 2:51:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

English, US (the OS). Retail dvd (also from US, bought before EU release).

June 28, 2009 3:09:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
US version, bought right from impulsedriven... my windows has german language if that information helps you. had not that much problems with pre 1.1
June 28, 2009 6:51:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
For those of you who have had crashes, what LANGUAGE is your Windows PC in? (English, German, etc.)?

The pattern on the problems almost makes me think there's an issue with a string or something.

US Eng (impulse version) - at least in my experience, I had a few initial crashes, then a string of successful games... no change of any configs on my side.  English OS

June 28, 2009 6:58:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Impulse version. English, US.

I'm starting to see a pattern here.....

July 2, 2009 12:37:40 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

German version.

July 2, 2009 1:00:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

hiho, taskswitch to desktop or other programms like ie8, ts2client .... let the game crashes.

in patch 1.01
WinXP German SP3, taskstich > crash
Win7RC1, taskswitch WORKS!!!!!

in Patch1.10

WinXP German SP3, taskswitch > crash
Win7RC1, taskswitch > crash

i like demigods, so please fix them

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000578   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.