The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

can't quote in google chrome

By on June 25, 2009 2:28:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know chrome isn't the most widely used browser out there, but its my main browser, and I can't use the quote button on the forum. I gotta open a thread in firefox to quote someone. It kinda sucks .

+6 Karma | 24 Replies
June 25, 2009 11:15:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Even if the button itself doesn't work, you should still be able to just copy/paste the text and put [ quote ] [ /quote ] tags around it.

June 25, 2009 12:45:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you know i tried that a while back, but it didn't seem to work. I'll admit that I coulda just been stupid and repeatedly mispelled "quote" or something...not sure though.

After that I was just under the impression that the two or three attributes that the quote button throws in must be required for this site, and I don't how it generates em.

June 25, 2009 5:14:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have this same problem. 

June 25, 2009 5:22:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know chrome isn't the most widely used browser out there, but its my main browser, and I can't use the quote button on the forum. I gotta open a thread in firefox to quote someone. It kinda sucks .

Just quoted in Chrome.

June 25, 2009 7:23:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did you manually type the quote brackets or actually hit the quote button? Because when I hit quote in chrome, nothing happens. 

June 26, 2009 12:17:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting SoFFacet,
Did you manually type the quote brackets or actually hit the quote button? Because when I hit quote in chrome, nothing happens. 

Just quoted in firefox. Idk it kinda looks like he manually typed the brackets, because his quote doesn't say who he's quoting or the reply number like this one does.

June 26, 2009 12:31:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I used the button. I'm on my laptop now and Chrome isnt working with quote. doh

June 26, 2009 12:45:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Try clicking the quote button while you have part of the post highlighted.

June 27, 2009 1:27:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no luck kryo  ...even with part of the post highlighted

June 27, 2009 1:28:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ahhh dangit!  double post

July 1, 2009 8:40:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm seeing the same issues here. I stopped being able to quote several days ago. I thought it's just a passing forum bug. If I attempt to use the quote button, it indents the selected text in the reply box instead.

July 2, 2009 1:31:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Another Chrome user here who can't use the quote button.

version 2.1.172.33

July 4, 2009 4:47:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ryguy1,
Another Chrome user here who can't use the quote button.

version 2.1.172.33

This response is made from a Chrome browser using the quote button.

July 4, 2009 4:47:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Primal Zed,

Quoting ryguy1, reply 12Another Chrome user here who can't use the quote button.

version 2.1.172.33

This response is made from a Chrome browser using the quote button.

So is this one.

Heh, the problem is apparently with embedded quotes.

July 4, 2009 7:58:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So you're saying that the problem might lie elsewhere? We're not lying when we say we can't quote. It's nice that it still works for you. I have absolutely no clue as to why it doesn't work for me. Nothing happens when I click on quote.

July 5, 2009 2:47:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting SyDaemon,
So you're saying that the problem might lie elsewhere? We're not lying when we say we can't quote. It's nice that it still works for you. I have absolutely no clue as to why it doesn't work for me. Nothing happens when I click on quote.

I'm thinking it's either some kind of issue with the javascript they use for the button, or how Chrome is parsing things.

Again, quoting using Chrome by clicking on the 'quote' button.

I apparently have version 1.0.154.65.  Maybe this problem wasn't around before but was introduced in a later version?

What version do you have, SyDaemon?

July 7, 2009 8:43:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Doesnt work in Safari 4 either.  

July 7, 2009 9:09:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Google Chrome 2.0.172.33 here, quote button does not work:

uncaught exception TypeError: Object has no method 'trim'

July 18, 2009 9:05:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Now at Ver 2.0.172.37. The problem still stands.

July 18, 2009 9:17:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yes, appears to be broken for Chrome....I'll pass it on to the boffins...

July 18, 2009 9:44:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Be careful Jafo, these lot over here will think your talking about half breed Puffins

July 24, 2009 7:37:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For some reason I see this as a problem with Chrome, and not the way that the forums are coded... I could be wrong though. Google Chrome is a simplified web browser and so it may not be compatible with some things.

July 24, 2009 8:07:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It used to work for me. Stopped working a few months ago.

July 24, 2009 8:08:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Only its features are simplified (i.e. no extensions for example), but the rest is more advanced than the other browsers.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.