The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Enough with the balance beam nonsense! You had it right to begin with!

By on June 24, 2009 5:25:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Is this "blancing" of the game going to end? Most game are released as completed titles, now we're changing the game around because people complain too much and we're listening to them? What a pity. Should have gotten the money back when I could have.

Seems like the issue of content isn't being addressed, just trying to keep the complainers around by tending to their needs. Whatever has to be done to keep them around huh?

Addressing small items randomly each week + a nerf is really weak guys.. Where's the lovin you promissed all of us to begin with, which made the community hope for more out of this game. So far, small fixes and nerfs, nothing revolutionary yet, but after a couple months now, I don't think anyone expects anything more except balance beam updates, just to put out updates. How excellent.

EDITED--

I probably should have made my post clearer. Really what I'm trying to get at, is the game still crashes for people, randomly d/c for people, and the biggest thing about v1.1 causes the round to not start(random dg's). Meanwhile, let's edit some items, do some in game "balancing" which isn't needed and make a huge change to the gameplay for people so it feels like a different game. The mods and everything that we are "hoping" for, who knows when they'll come around, that's the only thing that will make this game feel "diverse" I think.

Sure I'll continue to play and I could care less about HoL being nerfed, in fact nerf the whole game.. until the bugs that are still there since the games RELEASE are fixed. I have no reason to believe changing items or dg's stats in a game is of any use until the game actually reaches "gold" which it still has not (still bugs from release).

UB's can still "sacrifice" themselves  even after you've done 3000 dmg to them and they have 3000 hp. Now I've lost numerous kills to this bug as well as money. At the same time it's basically an exploit because people can noob it up all day and not regret a single move. This bug has been since release, which still is not fixed! So let's go balance some other bs while games don't start, timeouts happen, crashes happen, and game exploits are still present. 

0 Karma | 56 Replies
June 24, 2009 5:31:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

god i hope you are trolling

if not, please don't reproduce, adopt, and/or teach. just don't interact with anyone

June 24, 2009 5:34:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Most game are released as completed titles, now we're changing the game around

Ehm ya, you are right there is almost no multiplayer game who gets balance changes. Except of Demigod and this stupid Blizzard games they were all perfect on release.

June 24, 2009 5:42:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demalii, balance tweaks as a multiplayer community evolves are essential to the long-term healthiness of that community.

June 24, 2009 5:42:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ever play Team Fortress 2?

June 24, 2009 5:42:40 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting woca,
god i hope you are trolling

if not, please don't reproduce, adopt, and/or teach. just don't interact with anyone

Intelligence of some is incredible! Tell you mom thanks for buying you demigod again kido.

June 24, 2009 5:44:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Retarded flamer. Please quit playing/posting

June 24, 2009 5:46:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I feel like the few who have complained enough are getting what they wanted is all . It seems it will continue down this path, and a year from now, HoL is still OP and will get another nerf. That's what I'm looking at here and do not want demigod to go that direction, of updates that consist of nerfs instead of what the community really needs.

June 24, 2009 5:49:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is this "blancing" of the game going to end?

Who's making the game white now?

June 24, 2009 5:50:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It seems it will continue down this path, and a year from now, HoL is still OP and will get another nerf.

I never realized how many people were so closely bonded to a trinket made up of ones and zeros.

June 24, 2009 5:56:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I never realized how many people were so closely bonded to a trinket made up of ones and zeros.

But doesn't this just confirm that it was overpowered if so many people were depending on it?

June 24, 2009 6:04:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting InfiniteVengeance,

But doesn't this just confirm that it was overpowered if so many people were depending on it?

No. The people who depended on it were not that good anyways.

June 24, 2009 6:08:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually, continual whining is likely indicative of some problem associated with the whining.

Not always, but when a LOT of people whine, then there's probably some issue. Anyways, I doubt that they changed things BECAUSE there was whining, but that they indeed felt it was detrimental to their game. Now, whether they were correct can be debated, but I don't think it'd be correct to say they just do whatever people want them to do.

Balance is always in issue in any multi-player games. Starcraft, probably one of the best multiplayer games every made, had TONS of patches.

June 24, 2009 6:10:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not at all.  It means that people don't think trudging across the entire map just to regen is fun.

June 24, 2009 6:14:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Lumifly,
Not at all.  It means that people don't think trudging across the entire map just to regen is fun.

Buy potions and teleport scrolls.

June 24, 2009 6:15:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No. The people who depended on it were not that good anyways.

Says you.  They have the actual statistics.

June 24, 2009 6:18:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Says you. They have the actual statistics.

Statistics of what? My curiosity is piqued.

June 24, 2009 6:24:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demalii, what the heck...

balancing is one of the most important things for a competetive multiplayer game after release!

We've waited so long for v1.1 and you dare to ask when balancing will end? stfu

IMO GPG should even increase the frequency of updates not reduce it...

June 24, 2009 6:27:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Of the wins/losses of people who had a Heart of Life at the end of the game.

You know, to see whether "only the bad people" got it.

June 24, 2009 6:31:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ahhh, So THAT'S what he's crying about; the HoL was balanced, and he can't use it anymore unless he really works to get it.  DG works better than ever thanks to 1.1; never thought I'd ever hear anyone complain about such a great update.

June 24, 2009 6:37:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i mean wow, they are balancing a multiplayer game, just wow. who do they think they are? honestly, i cant belive i bought this and supported two shitty companies. i mean damn, why would they ever update a game to fix problems in it?

i'm in so much shock and im so angry, i don't know if i should smash my computer or go to michigan and picket outside stardock's building for publishing such a shitty game

EDIT for op - I realize you aren't the brightest, so to clarify, that was sarcsam. i figure i should tell you and not risk you believeing someone agreed with you

June 24, 2009 7:03:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I tell you what, if stardock and GPG keep listening to thier community and doing what they need to in order to make the game more enjoyable and balanced for the community as a whole I well quit. Nothing pisses me off more than a dev and publisher who care about thier customers.

/sigh

This was a great patch GPG/SD. Can't wait for those new demigods and mod tools though.

June 24, 2009 7:09:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

contrary to popular belief, life IS possible without HoL. 

June 24, 2009 8:22:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Of the wins/losses of people who had a Heart of Life at the end of the game.

You know, to see whether "only the bad people" got it.

lol

June 24, 2009 8:26:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

June 24, 2009 8:37:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Balancing is key for a multiplayer game.  However, the "fixes" in 1.10 did seem to emit an aura of "tending to the whiners."  I have played the game enough to exclaim that the priests and angels nerf wasn't a priority issue.  The overly nerfed Heart of Life is just laughable.  Just take it out of the game.  If anything, it should have been nerfed to only double it's original price. 

In Stardock's defense, the pantheon matching does seem to be a bit smoother.  I just hope that the whiners don't get everything they want.  Sadly, they are the mediocre players that get fired up because they get beaten by a particular specced Demigod or a specific strategy.  You lose in these types of games; it happens. 

In my defense, I know that the stat system wasn't top-notch before the wipe, but I was able to reach ladder rank 12.  So, I do have some sort of experience playing the game with all of the Demigods.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.