The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

just have to laugh

By on June 17, 2009 11:05:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This game is so broken i just have to laugh.  Major networking issues, major balance issues, major bug issues.  Everytime i think its getting better its actually worse.  I give up.   Uninstall, cd coaster to remind me not to buy games from stardock...

+1 Karma | 12 Replies
June 18, 2009 1:26:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Which demigod do you believe is underpowered? which overpowered? I'll take the "underpowered" one and I'm pretty sure that 50% of the time i'll probably beat you. It's all about understanding the character fool. I've never seen a game as balanced as this, the fact that pretty much every demigod has been called overpowered says something. I hardly have any connection issues, is your pc any good? have you set up your router properly? And find me a game that doesn't have bugs, please. I'd buy another game from stardock in a second just on the back of watching frogboy bend over backwards to support his game. I've never seen a CEO so passionate about their own company.

But hey, GG less whiners in the community = win as far as I'm concerned.

June 18, 2009 1:33:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rocnor.  Do you value money?  I mean, your time was apparently worth this post and you only have 1 life to live.  If the game is so terrible and doesn't work for you, you can get a refund. EASILY.  Request it and move along.  I'm sorry things didn't work out for you and wish you could have become a bigger part of our community. 

June 18, 2009 1:57:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This game is so broken i just have to laugh.  Major networking issues, major balance issues, major bug issues.  Everytime i think its getting better its actually worse.  I give up.   Uninstall, cd coaster to remind me not to buy games from stardock...

Being as you've been a member for less than 20 days, and you have less than 10 replies, I can only guess that you have spent more time trolling the forum than you have troubleshooting your problem.

If you want help with the problems your experiencing, ask for some assistance and the many helpful members of this community will be glad to offer help what they can. If you don't like the game, collect your refund from Stardock via their Sales team. In either case, pull your head out of your ass and grow up.

June 18, 2009 2:13:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Toonook,
Which demigod do you believe is underpowered? which overpowered? I'll take the "underpowered" one and I'm pretty sure that 50% of the time i'll probably beat you. It's all about understanding the character fool. I've never seen a game as balanced as this, the fact that pretty much every demigod has been called overpowered says something. I hardly have any connection issues, is your pc any good? have you set up your router properly? And find me a game that doesn't have bugs, please. I'd buy another game from stardock in a second just on the back of watching frogboy bend over backwards to support his game. I've never seen a CEO so passionate about their own company.

But hey, GG less whiners in the community = win as far as I'm concerned.

If the CEO was so passionate about his company why did he release a game that was far from finished.  I've had the game since day one.  Just because i didn't sign up for the forums on that day doesn't mean I haven't been reading the posts.  If i look at the forums as a whole i would have to say that the majority are having issues with the game. 

Balance issues, all you have to do is look at the games played by a certain demigod to determine that the game has balance issues.   If i can run crysis on high surely i should be able to run this game np.  I could be wrong.  While i do agree the game is fun when everything works, the time spent getting there is just not worth it to me.   I play mostly pantheon,  between quit bots and players leaving during the game sync thats alot of wasted time to restart only to have to go through that scenario multiple times to get to a game.   In the end its more headache then its worth.  If console games came out like this, well i wont go there.

'

June 18, 2009 2:23:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Rocnor,

If i look at the forums as a whole i would have to say that the majority are having issues with the game.

What people seem to forget is that the forums aren't the whole. Naturally people who don't have problems with the game have no reason to post about it, or post at all really.

Balance issues, all you have to do is look at the games played by a certain demigod to determine that the game has balance issues.

You're still being rather vague.

June 18, 2009 5:26:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok pantheon Double regulus on crucible is op imo.   Crucible tower rook, op.  HoL is underpriced.   Im not talkin about a noob playin any of these, im talkin 2 experienced players.   Let me exchange the word from op to severe advantage if thats helps any.  I dont think a ranged attack should be the cornerstone of a melee build, ie spit.  I think oak should get beefed up early game and toned down late game.  

These are my opinions.  I don't claim to be an expert im just going by how the custom games ive seen go and the pantheon matches ive played in have played out.  I've played both sides on the demigods i think need adjustment.  I fight guerilla style with regulus hit and run so i base my demigod around speed and damage.   That means swift anklet, boots of speed and wand of speed.   With the heavy range advantage it gets ridiculus.

June 18, 2009 10:53:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Rocnor,
If the CEO was so passionate about his company why did he release a game that was far from finished.  I've had the game since day one.  Just because i didn't sign up for the forums on that day doesn't mean I haven't been reading the posts.  If i look at the forums as a whole i would have to say that the majority are having issues with the game.

Just wanted to point out that the CEO of Stardock, Brad Wardell, didn't make the absolute call on when to release the game. Stardock are the publishers, not the developers. I believe, as an independant developer, the call would have fallen to Gas Powered Games, the developers of Demigod, and they made it based on the information they had available to them. I could be wrong, however I doubt it.

The fact that Brad, a.k.a. Frogboy, could have handballed the problems off to someone else and would have been within his rights to do so yet didn't, shows he is passionate about this company. His company's logo is on the box; they handle the forums and he knew that people like you would come to the forums and bitch and blame Stardock in your ignorance. So, he stepped up and his team and himself fixed the problem even though it really wasn't their problem to fix. I can't think of a single other company that would have done that.

Also, you've listed no actual problems; balance issues are subjective, at best. Obviously combining two Demigod's core abilities are going to be better than one of the same Demigod; it's simple math. People in other RTS games stack teams all the time; two people playing Protoss in Starcraft correctly executing a Dragoon rush is devestating. However, I do agree with you that Heart of Life is underpriced,  and this is being corrected in the next patch.

June 18, 2009 11:18:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,

Quoting Rocnor,
reply 4

Just wanted to point out that the CEO of Stardock, Brad Wardell, didn't make the absolute call on when to release the game. Stardock are the publishers, not the developers. I believe, as an independant developer, the call would have fallen to Gas Powered Games, the developers of Demigod, and they made it based on the information they had available to them. I could be wrong, however I doubt it.

The fact that Brad, a.k.a. Frogboy, could have handballed the problems off to someone else and would have been within his rights to do so yet didn't, shows he is passionate about this company. His company's logo is on the box; they handle the forums and he knew that people like you would come to the forums and bitch and blame Stardock in your ignorance. So, he stepped up and his team and himself fixed the problem even though it really wasn't their problem to fix. I can't think of a single other company that would have done that.

Also, you've listed no actual problems; balance issues are subjective, at best. Obviously combining two Demigod's core abilities are going to be better than one of the same Demigod; it's simple math. People in other RTS games stack teams all the time; two people playing Protoss in Starcraft correctly executing a Dragoon rush is devestating. However, I do agree with you that Heart of Life is underpriced,  and this is being corrected in the next patch.

You say ignorance?  I say if a publisher is unaware of a fucked up game that is ignorance.  You want me to assume that he had nothing to do with peddling this garbage out to the masses, if you believe that i got some ocean front property to sell you in yuma arizona. 

Actual problems, read the friggin forums, they are loaded with problems.  Everything from conectivity issues to blatant bugs.  How bout pantheon making 2v3's a 1/3 of the time, is that a problem?  What about crash to desktops?  What about the idol selling bug?  I would call that a problem.   How bout oak shielding and popping hol, i would say thats a problem.  

If i did my job like they do theirs, well there would be people going home from the hospital with some gapping wounds that didnt get sewn shut.   Hey i'll just let the patient close himself when he gets home on his own time so i can move on to the next patient, after all its about volume right. 

People expect perfection from me, why can't I expect it from others that i deal with.   People just don't take pride in their work like they used to imo.  It has become the norm to do things half assed. 

June 18, 2009 11:55:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How many times have you jumped on a forum to say "Everything's fine, having a great time, no problems here guys!"

You haven't, of course you haven't and neither have I. That's because when you're having fun with a game you're playing it, only moving to the forums to discuss strategy and maybe pay out on some fool who's having a cry. So of course a forum is going to have a large percentage of its posts about bugs and problems and whatnot, people with a problem have more motivation to demand that others share their pain and let the world know how hard they're done by and that this company is in league with satan and microwaves babies blah blah blah.

However, I'm pretty sure that if you compared how many people are complaining on the forums to overall players of the game things would come back into perspective. Plenty of products get rushed onto shelves by nervous investors and money hungry publishers these days, it's a problem that permeates the entire gaming industry and is in no way isolated to stardock and gas powered games. You can't put a strike next to their name when pretty much every company has done it and will continue to. What you can judge them by is the way they have worked on things since then.

Look at the fallout 3 DLC, major bugs all over the place and what was said to the public? Nothing. For almost a week there was just stony silence. Compare that to Frogboy constantly getting on the forums himself, replying to posts, helping people with problems, keeping us updated. That is the mark of a dedicated company in a time when most companies would just start banning people from their forums and stonewalling the community.

June 19, 2009 1:10:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why'd you make the thread? So we can try to convince you to not leave?

If you don't enjoy the game enough to even just put it aside and play something else till it's fixed then it's hardly SD or GPGs fault that you are so impatient.

June 19, 2009 1:22:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i doubt anyone cares you are leaving

June 19, 2009 1:35:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Toonook,
<snip>
Look at the fallout 3 DLC, major bugs all over the place and what was said to the public? Nothing. For almost a week there was just stony silence. Compare that to Frogboy constantly getting on the forums himself, replying to posts, helping people with problems, keeping us updated. That is the mark of a dedicated company in a time when most companies would just start banning people from their forums and stonewalling the community.

We are quiet because we've learned that the accepted role in Bethesda publications is:

1.) We'll put out stuff, it'll be full of bugs, and we won't ever fix it.

2.) We'll ban anyone who doesn't like our policy.

3.) We'll cover our backside by allowing random users to fix our problems for us.

Coming from Bethesda to Stardock is like realizing there's liquor other than Coors Light, or being smacked in the face by God.  It's taken a bit of time, and no, not all issues are fixed, but I've been having a damn good time actually playing DG, and I keep coming back to get my fix.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.