The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Pantheon still broken

By on June 15, 2009 12:29:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

* Games fail to start

* Games start with AI opponents (AI written instead of ping)

* Games drop people while loading

This still happens in a very large percentage of games; and along with  intermittent Demigod freezes/crashes causing people to drop from games makes Pantheon pretty much still completely broken.

+3 Karma | 32 Replies
June 15, 2009 12:30:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+1

June 15, 2009 12:46:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I keep hearing people complain about the Pantheon being broken but do you not realize that people group que for the pantheon even though the option isnt currently in the game?  I for one am someone who probably has screwed up a good number of your games....all people like myself do is que the same time a buddy is queing.....if we arent in the same game when it is forming we drop from the game being formed this ofcourse leaves you with either no teammate or potentially an AI teammate.  I can't believe people are still complaining about this and havent caught on to the fact that this is probably atleast 80% of whats going on.

P.S.  I dont know if some of you play on a Commodore 64 or maybe you play from the dark side of the moon but I rarely have troubles with this game....definitly not to the extent that most of you QQ about.  Most of you need to learn to act like decent human beings and not come on here and revert to acting like 8yr olds and before I'm flamed the 8yr old comment wasnt targeted at the OP.

June 15, 2009 1:03:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can't even log on...

it says my acount name and/or user password is invalid when they work here and on impulse.

June 15, 2009 1:25:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I for one am someone who probably has screwed up a good number of your games....all people like myself do is que the same time a buddy is queing.....if we arent in the same game when it is forming we drop from the game being formed this ofcourse leaves you with either no teammate or potentially an AI teammate.
If you want to play with a friend make a f...ing custom game instead of ruining the automatching in Pantheon?

I dont know if some of you play on a Commodore 64 or maybe you play from the dark side of the moon but I rarely have troubles with this game....definitly not to the extent that most of you QQ about.
No, you just drop an half-empty team in Pantheon and they can see how they work it out while you go on and destroy the next match, good job!

Most of you need to learn to act like decent human beings
Take your own advice and stop ruining the fun for others! It takes hardly any effort to make a nice custom game and you can bring friends too. I have a hard time understanding why you join Pantheon at all. If you have friends to play online with, why do you need automatching at all???

June 15, 2009 1:44:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting NovusUltor,
I can't even log on...

it says my acount name and/or user password is invalid when they work here and on impulse.

Have you deleted your game.prefs file? This often solves your problem.

June 15, 2009 2:51:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting The Aegius,
I can't believe people are still complaining about this and havent caught on to the fact that this is probably atleast 80% of whats going on.

I hear that 75% of statistics are made up.

June 15, 2009 4:29:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Melric,

LOL. That is BS.  Stats may noy work perfect (or even well), but nothing is "made-up".

I would say from mine and my friends results that the stats are about 75% correct.  When taking into account disconnects screwing up wins/losses (host reports) the stats are 90+% accurate.

June 15, 2009 5:27:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why are Pantheon games only 2v2?

June 15, 2009 5:46:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Dead Ghost,
Why are Pantheon games only 2v2?

Good question would love to see 3v3 and 4v4 SOON!!!

June 15, 2009 5:59:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,

Good question would love to see 3v3 and 4v4 SOON!!!

Maybe 5v5?

June 16, 2009 4:35:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I keep hearing people complain about the Pantheon being broken but do you not realize that people group que for the pantheon even though the option isnt currently in the game?  I for one am someone who probably has screwed up a good number of your games....all people like myself do is que the same time a buddy is queing.....if we arent in the same game when it is forming we drop from the game being formed this ofcourse leaves you with either no teammate or potentially an AI teammate.  I can't believe people are still complaining about this and havent caught on to the fact that this is probably atleast 80% of whats going on.

Well forgot * #4

* Deal with idiots and douchebags that don't care for anything but a meaningless rank number in a completely uncompetative ladder.

Just confirms the notion of it being broken - hide player name in connect box, disallow disconnect once game is created, count disconnects properly and a whole load of things that need to be addressed asap!

But before that, a simple ban from Pantheon for people that are obvously rigging it for team games would suffice to discourage anyone from doing it.  Just make a simple reporting system. Then have someone do a 1hr check every day on reported people last games.  If they play Pantheon continously with the same people, ban them from Pantheon for a month.  Repeated offenders get more severe penalties.

See...simple and cheap solution!  I'm sure it can be implemented in....say.... 6 months or so

June 16, 2009 5:04:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Offcourse, nothing helps with people (for example) like this:

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/games/player/17366/

And a shitload of others like him...

EDIT: scratch this, seems like its an AI or something.

June 16, 2009 5:21:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting The Aegius,

P.S.  I dont know if some of you play on a Commodore 64 or maybe you play from the dark side of the moon but I rarely have troubles with this game....definitly not to the extent that most of you QQ about.  Most of you need to learn to act like decent human beings and not come on here and revert to acting like 8yr olds and before I'm flamed the 8yr old comment wasnt targeted at the OP.

How do u have the balls to come here and say that u play pantheon and if u dont match with ur friend u disconnect? U must be absolutely banned from pantheon, o my god i cant belive someone can post this so happily in an official forum¡¡¡

June 16, 2009 7:12:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yesterday I tried Pantheon for the 1st time. I heard a "player has left the game !" while loading...and ended up with an AI partner.

Thanks to the dickhead who left me alone 2v1, getting stomped to death.

And yes, I used the "ZOMG RAGEQUIT !111!!!!!!!" technique, which is absolutely brilliant to get out of this kind of problematic situations.

June 16, 2009 7:55:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I thought Frogboy said they turned off replacing people with AIs on game creation in Pantheon.  However there a a number of games that start with AIs.  Hundreds of them in all tournaments.  AI names:

Rayemy
Vorxther
Hinril
Hintani
Thyia
Lertin
Stuny

They even have their own stats.

June 16, 2009 8:06:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2 more to add to the list!

1) getting joined as 1vs2

2) getting matched with a guy who its his first game ever online. vs dual UB.

June 16, 2009 5:29:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Excuse me if I group que for something that should've already had a group que to begin with....anyways its getting added in soon so its your fault if you keep queing solo.  I'm not doing it to brag I'm just explaining to people what the potential problem is so they can stop blaming GPG/Stardock for screwing up their connection...the only thing that they did wrong is launching a game without a group que for a tournament .  You keep calling pantheon pointless but then you call for me to get a short ban...kinda dumb if its so pointless to you.  Either way it truely is pointless (the pantheon) I just like playing against a double team when I dont know what 2 demigods they have chosen (even though they are only from 1 side) I think it makes it slightly more interesting to not have someone in a custom game constantly switching demigods to try and counter my team matchup.

P.S.  Want a little cheese with that whine?

June 16, 2009 6:10:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,

Quoting Melric, reply 6
LOL. That is BS.  Stats may noy work perfect (or even well), but nothing is "made-up".

I would say from mine and my friends results that the stats are about 75% correct.  When taking into account disconnects screwing up wins/losses (host reports) the stats are 90+% accurate.

You might want to go back and re-read what you responded to.  I was specifically referring to his completely made up 80% stat for Pantheon games being screwed up because people are trying to join with a buddy.  That is a completely "made-up" stat.

EDIT: And yes, Pantheon is still screwed up.  Every Pantheon game I played last night had AIs in it.  In some instances, it was 2v1 against the AI.  That was short game.

June 16, 2009 6:26:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The Aegius, your are an idiot.  Pantheon doesn't have a team option, so even when you do manage to launch with your buddy you're playing against random matchups.  So not only do you screw up the game by quiting starts, you also screw up the game by getting an unfair advantage.  You're a complete tool for admiting you enjoy games like that.  And the most idiotic thing is that you're doing it to gain stats that are completely irrelevant.  I pitty you for not being able to enojoy a good game, even when you lose one.

P.S. Group que will be separate from random matchups, I can gurantee you that.  GL finding enough teams to start a game without waiting for hours, thx in no small part to tons of people leaving the game due to retards like you.

June 16, 2009 6:43:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol never once did I say I play it for stats anyways QQ some more

June 16, 2009 6:54:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well sure as hell you don't play for a good game.  Ok you don't play for stats, you exploit the system to make up for your lack of skill - which is obvious considering you pray on randoms with a 3 man pre-made team without advertising it, and still manage to lose to PuG players...

Grow some balls and play other pre-made teams.

June 16, 2009 7:06:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol guess I'll start playing other premades once team que is up for pantheon eh >_O anyways go cry some more my friend.  lol oh and on the lack of skill comment come play me sometime if you really feel that way, you know the game name I use 90% of the time.

June 17, 2009 2:18:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can always play custom games with premade teams.  The fact that you don't and instead choose to either prey on random teams or fuck up Pantheon speaks volumes, both about your skill and your character.

Anyway, back to the OP - while some games in Pantheon are sure broken by people abusing the system (which as I said can and should be dealt with swiftly), there is also loads of other games still that fail to other reasons.  Additionaly, it was siad that AI replacement for people bailing before game load was disabled, but it sitll happens (in hundreds of games).  Cancel games where players bail before game launches.  DO NOT replace them with AIs.

Cmmon Stardock, you know Pantheon is your responsibility! Please deal swiftly with these issues.

June 17, 2009 5:29:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well as I said Misfortune come play me online if you think my skill is lacking...you know what though I'll never hear from you because you're garbage at this game and you can only talk smack through the message boards.  I scoped out your profile and you my friend blow but again whenever you want to try and talk trash on the game plz hit me up in customs I play them almost every night...and if that doesnt work for you the you can email me at [email protected] and we can setup a time when I can come pound you into the ground.  Anywho last time I'm posting here because of QQ'ers peace out and if you are having troubles aside from winding up with an AI teammate because of people like me I hope your problems are fixed.

P.S. if you base my character off of playing this game with friends then you're a dip $#@& and honestly you prolly dont have any friends to play with...or else you would be doing the same shiz as me.  Anywho if you want to keep talking smack give me a time you would like to play online and I will gladly meet you...just email it to me and BOOM I'll be there like a f'ing genie.

June 17, 2009 7:11:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No I base your character on stating stats don't matter to you yet still bragging about yours, all while abusing the system to get as much advantage as possible.  Yes sure, you should play with your friends, just do it in the game mode that's made for that (sadly atm that's only custom games). Face the facts, 80+% of the current Demigod propulation is not very good at the game and you twist and abuse the system to get matched exactly against those players.  Even in your custom games not a single one in your list is asking for a team or good players. 

There will always be PuG players, and with a broken community system as Demigod's, you can bet currently there is a large number of them.  Nothing stops you from letting them play their random matchups, it's your choice to push yourself and your teammate into those games, ruining the game for others at the same time.  It doesn't matter that fuctionality should have been present at lauch.  It is not!  And you going on that it is your right to abuse the system and not care about anyone else just cause you feel like not knowing what the other DGs are, tells a lot about your character too.

Looking forward to a game against you...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.