The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Cant connect to games after installing mod manager

By on June 14, 2009 4:25:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I installed the mod managers and some mods. When going online I have /allowmismatch and the mods disabled. I try to play skirmish and everyone gets connected but the game never loads(I'm assuming it's my fault). Am I doing something wrong or can we only play modded custom games if we have the mod manager? I hope you can still play Skirmish and Pantheon with a mod manager installed(I know you can't use the mods themselves).

Does anyone know what's going on or do I have to get rid of the mod manager? Anyone have a backup of the LUA folder?

Thanks!

+5 Karma | 10 Replies
June 15, 2009 12:42:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you can't play even with just the mod manager installed unless *everyone* has /allowmismatch set, since the mod manager itself is a mod.  Just rename your bgdata.zip folder and put back the original bgdata.zip file and you should be good to go!

June 15, 2009 2:55:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

heh about that original

For some reason I assumed it would work online so I didn't make a backup. Could someone please send me a copy of the dgdata.zip folder?

June 15, 2009 3:03:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting uberShade,
heh about that original

For some reason I assumed it would work online so I didn't make a backup. Could someone please send me a copy of the dgdata.zip folder?

Use verify installation in impulse for demigod and it will be re-downloaded

June 15, 2009 3:48:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've tried that twice. It says an 18mb update is available and after hours of downloading it, it tells me to reboot to complete installation. and it doesn't get fixed.

June 15, 2009 5:10:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

did you remove the dgdata.zip folder?

June 15, 2009 5:41:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmm... good question

Oh well I uninstalled it so it should b0e finished redownloading within the week at the 20kb/s rate I get with Impulse.

June 15, 2009 5:45:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Make sure nothing is left in you're program files/.../demigod folder, otherwise you will get the same problem again

June 15, 2009 6:03:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting uberShade,
Oh well I uninstalled it so it should b0e finished redownloading within the week at the 20kb/s rate I get with Impulse.

That's not an Impulse problem. I regularly get 1MB/s downloading anything through Impulse.

June 15, 2009 6:12:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Charvel1,

That's not an Impulse problem. I regularly get 1MB/s downloading anything through Impulse.

I concur, not an Impulse issue.  I get 1.8MB/s.

June 15, 2009 6:36:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It says I get those speeds when I obviously don't. But I wish I did.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.