The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Forum Bugs

By on June 14, 2009 3:21:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So how does someone notify Stardock about the current forum bugs?   

I've been on these forums for at least 6 months and there's still some serious bugs which remain unresolved.   If no official method exists then this topic should be used for listing forum bugs.

One serious bug is it's not possible to quote from the original posting of any topic. When this is attempted it will use the following:  [quote quoting="post"]    which never works.

Another serious bug is my T-Mobile blackberry displays any posts which have been edited as repeats, thus if someone has edited a single post  10 times then it will display each of them individually.  I believe this to be a problem with the website since I don't experience this problem with other websites on my blackberry.

+38 Karma | 9 Replies
June 14, 2009 3:23:24 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Might want to look in the Forum issues section.

June 14, 2009 3:31:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stardock is already aware of the forum bugs, as there are other threads about them, but I'm not sure where they are when it comes to fixing them.

In the mean time, you can quote someone with:  [*quote]*copy and paste post here*[*/quote]

Naturally, omit the asterisks.

June 14, 2009 6:25:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Scoutdog,
Might want to look in the Forum issues section.

For some reason this is not listed by default... in the off topic section I only see Personal Computing; PC Gaming and General.  I'll  bookmark this one.

Quoting JagerJack,
Stardock is already aware of the forum bugs, as there are other threads about them, but I'm not sure where they are when it comes to fixing them.

In the mean time, you can quote someone with:  [*quote]*copy and paste post here*[*/quote]

Thanks JagerJack... with the multiple forums running several years I'm surprised basic functions are still broken.

June 14, 2009 6:47:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting JagerJack,

You can quote that way (and more often than not, you'll end up having to quote people that way, if you've got more than one quote in your post, any of them quoting the original post - which is often the case) but then it won't reference the post you quoted - which is very, very annoying.

But yes, point still stands. They are aware of it, and still haven't fixed it. The forum has it's.. considerable quirks. We've learned to live with them. Grudginly.

June 14, 2009 7:28:10 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Too true. I wonder how long it will take the moderators to shut this guy down.....

June 14, 2009 11:49:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Another serious bug is my T-Mobile blackberry displays any posts which have been edited as repeats, thus if someone has edited a single post 10 times then it will display each of them individually. I believe this to be a problem with the website since I don't experience this problem with other websites on my blackberry.

Sounds like a failure in the CSS rendering and/or javascript engine in whatever browser it uses. Edit history is hidden and only loaded on demand.

Moving this thread to forum issues, in any case.

June 14, 2009 11:54:38 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

jesus kryo...do you ever get a day off?  or is it just love?

June 15, 2009 3:27:28 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

we keepum chained to the table..

June 15, 2009 2:48:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I just tested quoting the original post and it worked just fine.  What part of it "doesnt work" exactly?

EDIT: I see what the problem is now with quoting the original post.  I'll look into it to see how to fix it.

And yea, the Blackberry bit is strange as well.  The View Edits button AJAXs the edits onto the page.  So unless the browser is manually clicking the buttons, the website will not load those edits.  Have you tried clearing the cache for the browser and reloading the page?

Bara

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.